Thief nerfs incoming

Burial.1958

11 minutes ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

The problem is they will nerf these cooldowns "for now", then when they finish their discussion about meld with shadows and hidden thief they will nerf those as well, meaning their the indecision will result in a double nerf. 

If D/P SA thief is put out of the meta they won't even care about nerf those trait

10 minutes ago, Jumpel.3972 said:

If D/P SA thief is put out of the meta they won't even care about nerf those trait

True. Personally i dont care if SA D/P gets nerfed out of the meta as it is boring to play IMO, it just annoys me to see changes for the sake of change when they even admit they don't know what they want to change yet. 

1 minute ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

True. Personally i dont care if SA D/P gets nerfed out of the meta as it is boring to play IMO, it just annoys me to see changes for the sake of change when they even admit they don't know what they want to change yet. 

I would just hope they buff something else.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Yea for me the problem is D/P because it's dominate other thief build

6 hours ago, BobbyT.7192 said:

Getting high up time on alacrity means a heavy investment in concentration gear, (currently not available in pvp), a trait that is more design for support, and like 3-4 wells (which the heal would be one of them anyways). Your not roaming, decapping, or +1ing with that kind of build.

Alacrity should not be remotely considered for this nerf.

Spectre is intentionally being balanced around being a teamfighter. They want you to play the new Elite, and they don't want you roaming, decapping or +1ing with it.

They do this every expansion, why are players still surprised?

19 hours ago, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

Judging by the recently announced changes to both PvE and PvP content, it's safe to say the balance and dev teams are prepared to toss more seasoned players under the bus in order to attract "fresh blood".

It is extremely unlikely thief will see ANY buffs, outside maybe specter. This is the sacrificial lamb. A part of it, anyways.

Ha,exactly.

"prepared to toss more seasoned players under the bus in order to attract "fresh blood".

The seasoned players arent buying enough outfits ! 🆗

Edited by Caedmon.6798

On 2/18/2022 at 10:21 PM, Hannelore.8153 said:

Keep in mind the heal cooldown is still going to be ~25sec on Shadow Arts Spectre (due to Alacrity). Yes, they nerfed Core again to make room for the Elite specs, but did anyone expect otherwise?

Its always been their balancing strategy, for better or worse.

I don't think there's ever been a stretch of any amount of time when it was for the better.

Honestly, I'd have rather seen a level cap/gear tier increase than this kind of stupidity.  If they're going to keep invalidating core, what's the point?

SA is considered a problem so they make it mandatory.

Trickery is mandatory so they increase ini costs consistently so trickery... is even more mandatory.

DrD is considered problematic, they nerf core.

See the pattern here?

Honestly, nerfs don't surprise me at all. Xpac is coming out soon, they got to force people to buy it - just like they did it with HoT and POF. We can rage here about it all we want, nothing will change as long as people keep buying expansions.

Edited by Cynz.9437
  • Like 3

On 2/19/2022 at 3:21 AM, Hannelore.8153 said:

Keep in mind the heal cooldown is still going to be ~25sec on Shadow Arts Spectre (due to Alacrity). Yes, they nerfed Core again to make room for the Elite specs, but did anyone expect otherwise?

Its always been their balancing strategy, for better or worse.

I think it's more likely they are trying to lower thieves dominance in high level spvp as they drive a very boring Meta of side noders having to be alot more tanky + afk on points in high level gameplay. 

The issue is this is the worst way of nerfing thief. 

This way of nerfs effectively slaps everything that doesn't play SA. While alot of people were saying nerf SA.

This type of nerfing effectively means the proffession is now balanced on SA instead of SA getting brought down. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Cynz.9437 said:

SA is considered a problem so they make it mandatory.

Trickery is mandatory so they increase ini costs consistently so trickery... is even more mandatory.

DrD is considered problematic, they nerf core.

See the pattern here?

Honestly, nerfs don't surprise me at all. Xpac is coming out soon, they got to force people to buy it - just like they did it with HoT and POF. We can rage here about it all we want, nothing will change as long as people keep buying expansions.

This is why anet sucks at balance. There are ways to nerf things without destroying build variety, but anet only seems to know how to increase cooldowns or lower coefficients. I would kind of understand it if they were focused on making pve balance more diverse, but they suck at that too so who knows what their reasoning is.

2 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

This is why anet sucks at balance. There are ways to nerf things without destroying build variety, but anet only seems to know how to increase cooldowns or lower coefficients. I would kind of understand it if they were focused on making pve balance more diverse, but they suck at that too so who knows what their reasoning is.

Except if you were in their position , with their player data, and were given the constraint of only changing numbers you might end up doing the same thing?

Anyone who actually pays attention to what CMC has said in the past knows that the PVP/WVW balance can ONLY be numerically different to PVE. That is probably why we still have 300s traits, since the skills team for PVE has not changed them.

3 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Except if you were in their position , with their player data, and were given the constraint of only changing numbers you might end up doing the same thing?

Anyone who actually pays attention to what CMC has said in the past knows that the PVP/WVW balance can ONLY be numerically different to PVE. That is probably why we still have 300s traits, since the skills team for PVE has not changed them.

Yeah. Thats why I said they suck at pve balance too.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

I would disagree, those thief changes are explained and has been stated, that they know shadow arts needs a rework but discussions have not ended surrounding that. 

It's very much explained. They are just number adjusting for EoD launch as mechanical / skill reworks and larger changes have been delayed til the summer 2022 patch. 

They already said they ain't got the time or budget to launch the expansion and fix current elites / core at the same time so they're launching the expansion and delaying the major adjustments.

I'd of prolly personally done it the other way around but maybe they were concerned about dropping a bomb shell on players with power creep reverse at random. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2022 at 12:52 AM, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

I, too, quit PvP a while (months) back. Best decision I ever made with this game. 

I've never been a fan of PvP in GW, and I don't see why the group that do have to suck the fun out of PvE to do it with these constant nerfs. 

Its going to get to the point where I just quit altogether, I didn't play my Rev for two years until last week just to collate some birthday rewards for a black lion ticket, because of repeated nerfs to it. My warrior is far more suited to the task I first made a Revenant for, so why bother. 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Tsumiju.3071 said:

I've never been a fan of PvP in GW, and I don't see why the group that do have to suck the fun out of PvE to do it with these constant nerfs. 

Its going to get to the point where I just quit altogether, I didn't play my Rev for two years until last week just to collate some birthday rewards for a black lion ticket, because of repeated nerfs to it. My warrior is far more suited to the task I first made a Revenant for, so why bother. 

but the nerfs were to PvP Only....

These nerfs didnt affect Thief outside of PvP At all? so why would this affect you in PvE??

and didnt play your rev due to continous Nerfing? XD what?... Renegade was a Litteral Overpowered GOD amongst Men during PoFs life span?! What do u even mean ur warrior does it better?.... Revenant a 40k DPS King. with a 34k DPS RR Meta build which provides alacrity.

Or a Warrior which can only do 36k DPS in a Pure DPS Build withj a 33k Banner build?!.

Revenant on every front. Solo, Fractal, SPVP, WvWvW or Raids was Heaps above Warrior in performance.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1