Spirit shards! Ways to farm them! People in-game seem to have no idea, I don't either.

Kinar.7635

People in-game seem to have no idea, I don't either. Every post / farm method I see on youtube, and other  resources are dated from 2019 or are  even older and honestly are misleading players considering so much content has been reworked! Sadly this leads to confusion. So we're here!

Edited by Kinar.7635
  • Confused 1

• Kinar.7635 changed the title to Spirit shards! Ways to farm them! People in-game seem to have no idea, I don't either.

I've been running fractals daily and haven't seen any yet. I'm on and grinding experience about 12-14 hours a day, nonstop and don't seem to get them from gaining levels. I get mastery experience, which I don't want or care about frankly. I have what I need to move through the zones. But yeah, I'm aware you get them from playing the game. But I get 3  day if I'm lucky and I'm putting in more work than most.

• Confused 3

Ok so! My question to that remains this, I haven't completed all the MR for one of the trees, but everything is maxxed. I don't have the points right now to upgrade them; would I obtain spirit shards if that were the case? Or do I have to 100% finish an entire tree? Some of those ranks require like 12 mastery points lol.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Kinar.7635 said:

Ok so! My question to that remains this, I haven't completed all the MR for one of the trees, but everything is maxxed. I don't have the points right now to upgrade them; would I obtain spirit shards if that were the case? Or do I have to 100% finish an entire tree? Some of those ranks require like 12 mastery points lol.

You need to finish your Masteries in each zone that you're farming Spirit Shards in. If you farm them from Fractals, the Central Tyria Masteries must be finished accordingly.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Kinar.7635 said:

I've been running fractals daily and haven't seen any yet. I'm on and grinding experience about 12-14 hours a day, nonstop and don't seem to get them from gaining levels.

Then you have not leveled the Masteries, I take it? Spirit Shards are only obtainable when you don't have a current Mastery Track waiting to be leveled.

1 hour ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

It should no longer be necessary be max out the masteries.

I thought so, too, but if the OP isn't receiving any Spirit Shards, then the system is bugged.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

The word I heard from a couple of "super-rich" players on Woodenpotatoe's stream is WvW.  Specifically, commanding in WvW and running the K-train nets a lot of experience and a lot of tomes that convert into one shard each.  

It's funny, I keep hearing that WvW is unrewarding compared to PvE, but just this week I've seen people saying it's the best source for mystic clovers, tomes of knowledge, transmutation charges, hero points, and now spirit shards.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

It's funny, I keep hearing that WvW is unrewarding compared to PvE, but just this week I've seen people saying it's the best source for mystic clovers, tomes of knowledge, transmutation charges, hero points, and now spirit shards.

That is somewhat misleading since there was the event going on so it doesn't represent the typical result.

12 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Well, usually, they are talking about gold reward. 

It's a common saying I always heard that WvW (and SPvP) is showering with tomes (= spirit shard), and transmutation charge and hero point (testimony). 

I didn't hear much about mystic clover before, though. It's probably due to the recent events. 

6 minutes ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

It's a common saying I always heard that WvW (and SPvP) is showering with tomes (= spirit shard), and transmutation charge and hero point (testimony). 

I didn't hear much about mystic clover before, though. It's probably due to the recent events. 

Reward tracks help with the mystic clovers and with current bonus they are much faster to obtain.  Gold no, definitely yes on the times and transmutes.

43 minutes ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

It also helps to not look too closely at the math 😁

8 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

When people dont put effort into going to specific places in PvE and farming specific things because they get it playing something they get engrossed with for other reasons, everything they do is showering them with free stuff.

I mean if you can look into your bank and say "oh I have 300 mystic clovers where did I even get them from?" its pretty simple. Or when you have 3000 tomes in the bank. Or accidentally bought 13000 philosophers stones and just go "meh its only spirit shards I got tens of thousands more, they go in the trash". Not saying that anyone would be stupid enough to do that, but still. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Hero points I really doubt. I usually get all the needed hps for 2 elites in roughly 2 hours, solo. I seriously doubt this can be achieved in wvw unless you have a stockpile already. 

Event trains are good source of xp. Pof and LS4 trains. 

Edited by Cuks.8241
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Hero points I really doubt. I usually get all the needed hps for 2 elites in roughly 2 hours, solo. I seriously doubt this can be achieved in wvw unless you have a stockpile already. 

Well you'll have stockpile already since you buy HPs for WvW currency (rank up). Takes about 30s to buy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Well you'll have stockpile already since you buy HPs for WvW currency (rank up). Takes about 30s to buy.

Sure, you have tons of testimonies if you play wvw. But you cant say that wvw is a better option for HPs in a vacuum. Its only better if you already sink plenty of hours into wvw. If you start from scratch (and often players that need such advice are) pve is by far faster option. 

• Like 4