Why is ele the best at support, side noding, and dueling, and competing for roaming?

Crab Fear.1624

Re-read the latest balance patch announcement, your answer is in there.
They buff ele because it's the second best support, and they want it to compete with the best. While deliberately ignoring all the other support specs, because this totally makes sense. I wish this was a joke. What the hell is happening to this company?

3 minutes ago, lightDestroyer.1265 said:

Well,  damage on cc is different from damage with invulnerable and damage with evade.  I can understand the reason why damage on cc was gutted.  But,  i believe that those classes which depended on cc for dmg should be compensated with the loss of dmg caused by it like warrior. 

Wasn't the point I was trying to make, it's that anytime it requires someone to think and not face tank skills and dare I say plan a bit ahead, or use some of the available mitigation or avoidance tools  , it gets whined about for nerfs because people can't be bothered to take the needed steps to alter their gameplay. So why would you be surprised by the existence of people that don't want to again use their brain? It's the reason why this game is progressively being more and more dumbed down. The CC damage blanket change did not alleviate anything aside from making awkward gameplay. People are still whining about getting CC locked despite dealing 7 damage every time they eat one. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just one of the top THREE most overtly broken specs that has been hovering as such for the last few years. You can find them on any side node besting basically every other side node build without breaking a sweat.  Players of silver to plat are playing it with ease, low skill floor too!

This spec gives passive condi AOE tics by just standing near targets and or being *invulnerable* at the same time. Repeatable access to reflection, evasions, mountains of barrier(YUGE!) unblockable and/or cc spam (dazes stuns and knockdown!), chills and blinds, with oppressive condi bursts and aoe denial.. Usually with stacks as high as 7-9 whether they are bleeding, burn or both on a decent hit. Umm nerf coming when?

what is this mystery spec I’m talking about?

well my friends, just your average burn weaver with or without earth shield.. as they just can’t get quite enough bunk without it. 

Weaver both Condi and Power, everything has way too low CD. Their multiple Burst skills, CC, Condi burn spam,  Reflect as well is  way too prevalent I would say it’s more so than holo smith and that’s incredible. Shield of Earth needs to be carefully examined this is just too much defense packed into one skill that spawns twice. At least let the enemy pick it up similar to ranger pig drops. That should balance itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, noobfest.2180 said:

Just one of the top THREE most overtly broken specs that has been hovering as such for the last few years. You can find them on any side node besting basically every other side node build without breaking a sweat.  Players of silver to plat are playing it with ease, low skill floor too!

This spec gives passive condi AOE tics by just standing near targets and or being *invulnerable* at the same time. Repeatable access to reflection, evasions, mountains of barrier(YUGE!) unblockable and/or cc spam (dazes stuns and knockdown!), chills and blinds, with oppressive condi bursts and aoe denial.. Usually with stacks as high as 7-9 whether they are bleeding, burn or both on a decent hit. Umm nerf coming when?

what is this mystery spec I’m talking about?

well my friends, just your average burn weaver with or without earth shield.. as they just can’t get quite enough bunk without it. 

Weaver both Condi and Power, everything has way too low CD. Their multiple Burst skills, CC, Condi burn spam,  Reflect as well is  way too prevalent I would say it’s more so than holo smith and that’s incredible. Shield of Earth needs to be carefully examined this is just too much defense packed into one skill that spawns twice. At least let the enemy pick it up similar to ranger pig drops. That should balance itself.

If you are getting 7-9 stacks of burning you are literally standing in the fire.  Weaver can't hit moving targets.  At all.  Just stop standing on top of them.  I know PvP gives a big advantage with those small nodes, but seriously just move around.  The problem is not their damage output.  The problem is too much barrier, healing, and evades for the low spike damage in PvP.  This never would have been an issue if they hadn't removed CC damage.  There'd be hard counters to weaver in that scenario.

Second, they do not have good CC access.  This is again an issue if you standing still right on top of them.  Only Gale is a threat to a moving target.  Landing Gale Strike or Tailored Victory is practically impossible against an opponent with a brain.  Gale -> pyrovortex.  Be ready for it, stunbreak, and move.  It's not that difficult.  Stop playing like a potato.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

If you are getting 7-9 stacks of burning you are literally standing in the fire.  Weaver can't hit moving targets.  At all.  Just stop standing on top of them.  I know PvP gives a big advantage with those small nodes, but seriously just move around.  The problem is not their damage output.  The problem is too much barrier, healing, and evades for the low spike damage in PvP.  This never would have been an issue if they hadn't removed CC damage.  There'd be hard counters to weaver in that scenario.

Second, they do not have good CC access.  This is again an issue if you standing still right on top of them.  Only Gale is a threat to a moving target.  Landing Gale Strike or Tailored Victory is practically impossible against an opponent with a brain.  Gale -> pyrovortex.  Be ready for it, stunbreak, and move.  It's not that difficult.  Stop playing like a potato.

shh dont tell him. he thinks anything he cant kill by standing in a blind field is op

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

They also have the means to stop a target from moving.

Weaver ? Not really the problem of ele is the same as warriors , Fireweaver is the only real meta build left over all game modes.

From the CM fractal meta deleted.

Raids deleted.

Power builds in sPvP deleted.

In WvW you can have luck and that commanders take with you but most at least on EU don't consider  DPS Weaver or Support Tempest Meta anymore.

It doesn't matter what metabattle says anymore these days.

For Warrior?

sPvP deleted.

Fractals deleted.

In raids deleted soon.

The only thing left then is bubble SPB in WVW

Edited by Lord of the Fire.6870
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

Wasn't the point I was trying to make, it's that anytime it requires someone to think and not face tank skills and dare I say plan a bit ahead, or use some of the available mitigation or avoidance tools  , it gets whined about for nerfs because people can't be bothered to take the needed steps to alter their gameplay. So why would you be surprised by the existence of people that don't want to again use their brain? It's the reason why this game is progressively being more and more dumbed down. The CC damage blanket change did not alleviate anything aside from making awkward gameplay. People are still whining about getting CC locked despite dealing 7 damage every time they eat one. 

Yeah, that is true. I think we do need a beginner's guide so that people understand the mechanics.

16 hours ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

How to tell someone has never played Ele, Necro, or Mesmer ever 101.

Blocks, invul, aegis and other defensive boons mean everything, armor does not. It's been this way forever. 

Edited by Aza.2105

8 hours ago, Aza.2105 said:

Blocks, invul, aegis and other defensive boons mean everything, armor does not. It's been this way forever. 

What do you think those end up doing? They mitigate damage. What do you think Armor rating does? It mitigates damage. What do you think Base HP does? It helps you deal with damage you haven't mitigated. Pretending that taking 18% more damage from every strike means nothing is foolish and damaging, thats not too far off of invalidating Protection permanently, which is certainly not irrelevant.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

What do you think those end up doing? They mitigate damage. What do you think Armor rating does? It mitigates damage. What do you think Base HP does? It helps you deal with damage you haven't mitigated. Pretending that taking 18% more damage from every strike means nothing is foolish and damaging, thats not too far off of invalidating Protection permanently, which is certainly not irrelevant.

No, it doesn't do much of anything. Health is more valuable than armor. Remember before the mirage nerf how they were extremely hard to kill? I do. You know why right? Not taking damage is better than taking damage. If there was a priority system that classified the most important to least important mechanic for survival in gw2 then it would be armor. 

1 hour ago, Aza.2105 said:

No, it doesn't do much of anything. Health is more valuable than armor. Remember before the mirage nerf how they were extremely hard to kill? I do. You know why right? Not taking damage is better than taking damage. If there was a priority system that classified the most important to least important mechanic for survival in gw2 then it would be armor. 

This man unironically said "Not taking damage is better than taking damage" like you can mitigate every source of damage in the game if you just chose to

Edited by Grimjack.8130
  • Haha 4

On 2/23/2022 at 9:36 PM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I'm sure.  That's why weaver is such a threat in open field, right?  Oh, wait...

I am sure.

23 hours ago, Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

Weaver ? Not really the problem of ele is the same as warriors , Fireweaver is the only real meta build left over all game modes.

From the CM fractal meta deleted.

Raids deleted.

Power builds in sPvP deleted.

In WvW you can have luck and that commanders take with you but most at least on EU don't consider  DPS Weaver or Support Tempest Meta anymore.

It doesn't matter what metabattle says anymore these days.

For Warrior?

sPvP deleted.

Fractals deleted.

In raids deleted soon.

The only thing left then is bubble SPB in WVW

Wut?

Tempest is ever present.

Weaver is ever present.

Core ele still viable.

"lowest health, lowest armor"...

LOWEST DAMAGE OF ALL TIME to worry about.

lmao.

ELE is in no way shape or form in the need of a buff, and while they will spearhead the release, at least one of you is wise enough to know they are about o hand a wombo combo nerfadooski.

Ele is overperforming in vpvp regardless of "popularity", id be willing to bet my account the average ele user is in the 1500s or 1600s

• Confused 6

2 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

I am sure.

Wut?

Tempest is ever present.

Weaver is ever present.

Core ele still viable.

lmao.

ELE is in no way shape or form in the need of a buff, and while they will spearhead the release, at least one of you is wise enough to know they are about o hand a wombo combo nerfadooski.

Ele is overperforming in vpvp regardless of "popularity", id be willing to bet my account the average ele user is in the 1500s or 1600s

I never said anything about ele requiring a buff, underperforming, etc.  In fact, I noted where it could use nerfs while disputing some of the incorrect claims being made about the class in this thread.  For example, you suggesting that sword weaver is effective in open field and against moving targets.

1 hour ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I never said anything about ele requiring a buff, underperforming, etc.  In fact, I noted where it could use nerfs while disputing some of the incorrect claims being made about the class in this thread.  For example, you suggesting that sword weaver is effective in open field and against moving targets.

I didn't suggest, I stated.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

I am sure.

Wut?

Tempest is ever present.

Weaver is ever present.

Core ele still viable.

lmao.

At this point, this seems like a troll post or you're just a noob.  But just in case people actually buy into what you're saying:

As someone else mentioned for warrior, just because there are a few die hard ele players left that manage to play the class well, that does not mean the class is overperforming.  I'd also be willing to bet my account that the only warrior players left are also around 1500 and 1600 rank because they've mastered their class to the extreme.  That does not mean warrior suddenly needs nerfs!

The only variant of ele that does moderately well in pvp is weaver, and the only thing it does well is holding a point.  It has almost no significant mobility to speak of other than gale (40 second cooldown) and lightning flash (also 40 second cooldown).  That's it.  It is not in any way a roamer, so stop claiming otherwise.  kitten, a reaper has equivalent mobility options with flesh wurm and deaths charge.

And what do ya know, weaver isn't the one being buffed!  It's tempest, which currently can't hold a candle to guardian.  But I guess you think otherwise, despite literally every match having a support guardian, or some variant of guardian.

'Core ele still viable' - lol

Edited by thepolishman.2348
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

I am sure.

Wut?

Tempest is ever present.

Weaver is ever present.

Core ele still viable.

lmao.

WHAT.... the fahk xD   core ele viable?  excuse me? tempest... meeeh yeah i can see that.....     average ele is 1500-1600.... that is just a straight lie... its simply impossible... tho i dont have any data to backup my assumption...   ele is overperforming.... well.... NO

• Like 3