Expansion Day \o/

I'm looking forward to this very much. I don't expect EoD to be the best expansion possible but the fact we're getting one is a great thing.

I've been using the content drought in the last few months to get my second account up-to-speed with things like world completion legendary gear and achievements and was able to get almost everything done in time for the launch.

I'm looking forward to exploring the new continent, new dynamic events and the story and I'm sure there will be many new achievements to go for after that.

There will probably some bugs and issues in the first week as with the previous expansions, but I'm sure ANet will have their people on stand-by to quickly address issues as they arrive. Just manage your expectations a bit in the first week.

With EoD I'm sure GW2 will get some much-needed media attention outside of the community which will help the player base and the game in the long run. I'm sure EoD will be a good platform to expand on with the next Living World releases that will require it. Just as LW S3 expanded on HoT and LW S4 expanded on PoF. With DX11 and WvW alliances coming. I see a great future for the game now. And this was quite needed after the uncertain times with the lay-offs (2018) and the disappointing end of the Icebrood Saga.

I'm sure I'll call GW2 my home for a long time.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, KrivukasLT.3507 said:

Meh... Everyone so hyped up, it cute. Then anet opens the floodgate and all hell of the problems will appear.  NO1 rule of all mmos - never play on the patch day. In this case - patch week. 

...or if you do, bring a good book or find somehing to do during the loading screens, last minute hotfixes and bugs. Which is what I will do, or at least try. I was there on release for HoT as well as PoF, it was a mess but it was hilarious, because I went there with the right mindset. EoD will be there weeks and months and years to come, this day doesn't matter, I don't need to clear it in one go, so might as well have some fun with it. 🙂

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, KrivukasLT.3507 said:

Meh... Everyone so hyped up, it cute. Then anet opens the floodgate and all hell of the problems will appear.  NO1 rule of all mmos - never play on the patch day. In this case - patch week. 

Play on patch day, but play with realistic expectations.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KrivukasLT.3507 said:

Perfectly fine choice. And this is true with all new software. You probably still can play existing content and WvW without major issues this week and then move to the expansion next week if you want the first issues to be ironed out.

4 hours ago, lokh.2695 said:

...or if you do, bring a good book or find somehing to do during the loading screens, last minute hotfixes and bugs. Which is what I will do, or at least try. I was there on release for HoT as well as PoF, it was a mess but it was hilarious, because I went there with the right mindset. EoD will be there weeks and months and years to come, this day doesn't matter, I don't need to clear it in one go, so might as well have some fun with it. 🙂

I have my Switch on standby

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Perfectly fine choice. And this is true with all new software. You probably still can play existing content and WvW without major issues this week and then move to the expansion next week if you want the first issues to be ironed out.

Yea ill wait few days. I just remembered how bad POF launch was 😄