What has changed about the new specs with the EoD update?

Raiken.1476

From what I've seen, almost nothing was changed from the last beta, and any changes that were made were generally nerfs.  I can't believe after all of the negative feedback on the state of catalyst, the only thing they did was make it even worse.

Mechanist has had no changes as far as I can see, so at least it hasn't been further nerfed, but they did absolutely nothing to fix any of the issues that were brought up during the beta tests.

Edited by Lynx.9058
  • Like 1

So everyone, question, out of the elite specs, is there even a good one? 
I thought Mechanist might be good but it got stealth nerfs and is still useless in water. 
In fact I see there is a few stealth changes that have made classes worse then they were in even the second beta which was full of nerfs. 
Like is there a new EoD elite spec we would pick over other elites? 

On 3/1/2022 at 5:03 AM, Gorem.8104 said:

So everyone, question, out of the elite specs, is there even a good one? 
I thought Mechanist might be good but it got stealth nerfs and is still useless in water. 
In fact I see there is a few stealth changes that have made classes worse then they were in even the second beta which was full of nerfs. 
Like is there a new EoD elite spec we would pick over other elites? 

Your mileage will vary but I rather enjoy Vindicator atm. It lacks some native CC but I figure that's what weapon/legend swaps are for. 

That said, as a largely Ranger/Necro main I'm very disappointed at the state of those E-Specs. They have better have planned some serious design sessions to refine/rework a lot of these specs soon or a big selling point of the xpack is going to wither on the vine. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Riot Inducer.8964 said:

Your mileage will vary but I rather enjoy Vindicator atm. It lacks some native CC but I figure that's what weapon/legend swaps are for. 

That said, as a largely Ranger/Necro main I'm very disappointed at the state of those E-Specs. They have better have planned some serious design sessions to refine/rework a lot of these specs soon or a big selling point of the xpack is going to wither on the vine. 

Yeah I am a Ranger/Warrior main that had rolled Engie to try out, was enjoying solo Scrapper before its now 66% sustain nerf. 
So like, the three classes I do play, 2 of which have extremely bad EoD specs and one of which is just Ranger core again. 
Have not rolled a Rev yet, might try if its literally the only spec that stands out. Spectre might be fine but the theif on my account is my bank and bag opening toon 

3 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Yeah I am a Ranger/Warrior main that had rolled Engie to try out, was enjoying solo Scrapper before its now 66% sustain nerf. 
So like, the three classes I do play, 2 of which have extremely bad EoD specs and one of which is just Ranger core again. 
Have not rolled a Rev yet, might try if its literally the only spec that stands out. Spectre might be fine but the theif on my account is my bank and bag opening toon 

Revenant has the same skill animation with lack of visual effects in 3 of its 5 skills. It's first autoattack and skill #2 look the same, and don't even have meaningful class flair swing effects like guardian, mesmer, necro, or thief for example when you look at their blade swing effects.

Just compare sword/sword and even hammer or mace/shortbow to greatsword and you'll see how incomplete visually greatsword is as a weapon.

Greatsword 4 2nd part has the same swing animation as the second part of the autoattack chain.

Have fun wasting your single dodge with no good self source of vigor or waste your energy to get 50 endurance back in any encounter like Qadim1 or Largos, or Dhuum or Horror, or Matthias, or Deimos, or CM fractals.

Horrible design.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vidit.7108 said:

I guess they gave up on communication now that the expac is out.

That's just ... weird. What do you want them to say? They released the patch notes for EoD ... what else do you want to know?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3