Speed Pass to Cantha?

Is there a way to get to Cantha that doesn't cost 10s, like a teleport scroll or something, and if so, how far do you have to get in to get it?

I'm just realizing now it will cost me over 10s to get back, and while I'm frugal with real life money, that seems steep. I'm wondering if I want to leave my main there for awhile and switch to someone else to do all my dailies for me back in the old world?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I have a personal guild from years and years ago before they converted them. I don't have like a guild hall or anything, just my old storage. 

10s would make me a little sad every day. As a frame of reference, if I see anything over 3s, I use my Mist port to get myself to the closest city before going. Yes, it's probably totally sad. 😔

Edit: 8s 50c from Kourna. Better. 😆

Edited by notebene.3190
  • Like 2

I see the Asura Gate in the gate area of Lion's Arch that two workers are building. Hover over with the mouse and you see "Outreach". Does anyone know where Outreach is in Cantha? I'm guessing that as you play the story you unlock Outreach and the gate is then open.

Oh. My bad. Outreach is the name of the story part that I'm supposed to do next. Duh.

Many other areas of the game are unlocked for all characters after you play the story to unlock an area. So I'm trying to figure if once this gate is unlocked, then the rest of my Alts can get to Cantha without playing the story. I guess I'll just slog through the story and see what happens.

Someday the wiki will be updated.

😒

Edited by windyweather.1238
Duh

Honestly...10s is like 5 min of playing the game...I've never looked at WP charges since the very early start of the game.  I understand this might be hard for brand new players, but even for them you can get over a gold just going through any starter area.  From then on, if you are playing the game you will always be making more than you are spending on WPs.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, AryaWolf.1468 said:

I can confirm that at a point in the story you get a scroll to travel to the HUB in EoD,

Reveal hidden contents

it's in Act 3, you get a scroll to portal to Arborstone

This is very helpful to know, thank you!  I have a lot of alts, and while I am enjoying this story slightly more than most, I don't want to have to do it again THAT many times.

1 hour ago, Anyandrell.6238 said:

Don't get happy about the pass. I hope I missed it, but right now it seems you can't get the jade bot outside the story. So story is needed no matter what

Hopefully, that's a bug, since where it is in the menu would suggest it was meant to be account-wide.  That said, if the jade bot is only a QoL thing or only needed for the story, I can do without it on alts.

Now that my first char finished EoD story, the portal in LionArch is active for ALL my chars (maybe it opened earlier, e.g. when I got the arborstone scroll, but I just saw it now) and leads to Arborstone, but it's one-way ^^

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 2