The Maps are empty already

4 hours ago, Superkai.4692 said:

Every Meta fails. Despite tagging up maybe 2 people join the Meta. Even core maps have a higher Population

Perhaps many people are aproaching the game like me: fully exploring a map first and doing the story. I don't think I will participate in any meta events until I have finished map completion and the story, unless I happen to stumble across one or it is mandatory to progress the story.

• Thanks 1

I would expect it to be days before the metas are running regularly, and perhaps a while before they regularly succeed, but the OP is right about the maps being empty.

I played for 8.5 hours today doing the story on the first 2 maps. They are empty, and it feels very strange.

• Like 4

The xpac just launched. I imagine most people are doing the instanced story content.

Also, new maps metas usually take a bit to figure out before the community starts running them regularly and successfully.

Especially when people are spread across several new maps at once.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Played for 8 hours yesterday. Very quiet in the maps. Now 24 hours later, still very quit. Even if many people are busy with the story you would still have to see them at the multiple open world steps in the story. Next to that there are also a good group of people who are more into open world. With the Hot release for example a good group was focusing on story, but also a good group doing open world. The chat is also totally quit, yesterday, now again, 24 hours later, at peak european time. So no, the everyone is doing story excuse is nonsense, comparing it to the two earlier expacs also. I had many groups doing metas with those two releases, right from the start. The only meta i could do with two people participating was the one with the fishtank, with a Turtle called Bubbles at the end , finishing the events gave me a Bubbles the Megaladon title 😛

That meta reminded me of the old b movie Piranha, was quite funny the killerfish Frenzy.

Edited by Bolbo Baggins.8594
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Adzekul.3104 said:

I played for 8.5 hours today doing the story on the first 2 maps. They are empty, and it feels very strange.

Most players I know are occupied with work and other RL activities during the week and won't be able to dive into EoD until the weekend.

It’s got to be an instance player cap issue.

Playing last night, Taimi was swarmed with people talking to her and I could barely see the sky through all the flapping skyscale wings around the camp where you meet Gorrik.

Then we got to Seitung and there are just a few people running around.

It’s either a bug with the new zones and the megaserver system, or they intentionally throttled players per instance to guarantee good performance in those zones.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Something seems strange at least on the first map. You barely see anyone on the maps and than you check the LFG for metas and there are like 15+ full instances. If you manage to join one there are again not many people for the meta. The map is huge though with many interesting events and its a shame. I tag up for a champ group event and 2 people come. You can win fishing competition easy since there is noone ever around.

• Like 1

I think it's a combination of:

The maps are huge and full of things to do, so people are spread out

Lots of people are still working through the story and not ready to jump into events

ANet lowering the map pop cap like they did for previous launches IIRC

Story design doesn't drop people right into meta events, unlike HoT, until the end

Things will normalize quickly if past launches are any guide. 

• Thanks 1

Definitely an issue with sharding, there could be a dozen full servers in lfg and I'm always in the one that feels like a ghost town.

Could really hurt the popularity of the game when people come back to an expansion that seems dead a few days into it.

Edited by Rorschakiin.9437
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Cameryn.5310 said:

I'm not sure why people think the metas should be full since EVERYONE IS STILL GOING THROUGH THE STORY.  This happened at PoF launch too.

Cept for the simple fact that in Lorna Pass, there is TONS of people, yet in Cantha its devoid of people unless you use the LFG tool. You can still see people doing their stories ect. 

is it just hard for people to accept facts and respect others these days? 

• Like 1

Something is off for sure, HoT and PoF were literal hell at lauch, constant lag and fps issues cause all the players around, but on EoD is a desert, played yesterday to make map comp and today finished the story part of the first map, and there was basically nobody in there, saw a single LFG for Leaviathan, a Single one! Second map is even worse, hated Kaineng, its like Tangled Depths but so much worse...same thing as the first map, events failing left and right unless I try to do them, if I saw 4 people thats a lot...

I feel I can go to any location of Tyria, and I will actually find more people there then in EoD maps, no matter how secret or obscure it is...I really liked the expansion so far, but say that his aint bothering me and will probably kill my enjoyment would be a lie.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Felipe.1807 said:

Something is off for sure, HoT and PoF were literal hell at lauch, constant lag and fps issues cause all the players around, but on EoD is a desert, played yesterday to make map comp and today finished the story part of the first map, and there was basically nobody in there, saw a single LFG for Leaviathan, a Single one! Second map is even worse, hated Kaineng, its like Tangled Depths but so much worse...same thing as the first map, events failing left and right unless I try to do them, if I saw 4 people thats a lot...

I feel I can go to any location of Tyria, and I will actually find more people there then in EoD maps, no matter how secret or obscure it is...I really liked the expansion so far, but say that his aint bothering me and will probably kill my enjoyment would be a lie.

Maybe due to a bug, where it should make us change maps if it's empty, but it's not showing the option to change? 

9 hours ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

Maybe due to a bug, where it should make us change maps if it's empty, but it's not showing the option to change? 

I got the message to change maps once...and sended me to another empity map lol Like I said, tried to do Leviathan yesterday, went to LFG and there was a single lfg there, a SINGLE one! New map, map cap lower, this, that, etc dosent explain this, PoF allways had lots of groups on LFG...unless I am really unlucky and everyone is sleeping when I start to play lol Seeing maps dead like this on release...it sucks man, and sends a bad message about the state of the game.