Is ANET silence at this point typical after MMO expansions?

6 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

If anet cant do the bare min of putting out the notes of what there classes added had change then they are running into a lot of problems. Posting here is not what anet should be doing but they should be putting out info on what they have changed to the expansion and game over all. So far they have chosen not to give out the info of what was changed on the elite spec.

Did you not read the Game Update/Release Notes? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Im seeing a different picture - a company hard at it fixing issues. In fact faster and more reactive than any release I’ve seen in GW2 

Ive only done act one so far and my experience is mostly positive although I won’t say it’s been as strong as PoF so far either. There’s certainly a lot of positivity away from the forums so perhaps less outright moaning and more constructive feedback would be in order. Just because someone hates the fishing mechanics doesn’t mean we all do and want it changed. Anet do need to balance out that many people are happy right now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Incompetence and laziness is not grounds for making assumptions. It's one thing to make suggestions, it's another to endlessly bash the people that make this game possible. If it were me, I'd be like: "These ingrates do nothing but bash what I've worked hard on, so why should I listen to a thing they say?" Again, this is just me and this is exactly why I will never make an actual game. Maintenance mode? Please. This game is still very much alive. Just because you don't want to put forth the effort to do research, doesn't mean there is silence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Tsakhi.8124 said:

Incompetence and laziness is not grounds for making assumptions. It's one thing to make suggestions, it's another to endlessly bash the people that make this game possible. If it were me, I'd be like: "These ingrates do nothing but bash what I've worked hard on, so why should I listen to a thing they say?" Again, this is just me and this is exactly why I will never make an actual game. Maintenance mode? Please. This game is still very much alive. Just because you don't want to put forth the effort to do research, doesn't mean there is silence. 

I admit that I come in this with a not complete understanding what this message means or what you mean.
But for the global reading of this, I think by now we all agree that the expansion could have been delayed a bit more to give time to attune things accordingly and also view every endpoints, and every possible variable (which was often feedbacked in other content).

If you meant the bashing for that META event posts, I think it was clear as day that there was some large undervision at which most likely variables would affect the success rate.
The Idea Conceptually is amazing, put together in the perfect situation that would be a masterpiece no doubts.
But like for that META; it does only take 1 screw up to ruin it all, and that's sad.

In a way, I can give my sincere sympathies to the devs, as we all understand they do not make those decisions; which is the role of the executives to make, and I guess a delay on the expansion couldn't be on the plan to make a perfectly smooth launch, which I believe is (or should be) the goal of every development teams. There was a lot of efforts put into this, New Kaineng is a mess, but bloody hell it is stunning. Echovald Wilds, with the music, I'm feeling like I'm inside the Maze in Harry Potter (Book 4). Everything has been constructed with the sweat and tears of the artists, coders and such, but yeah; 1 mistake is all it takes to give a sour taste.

I am more than willing to give points where it is due, but I'll also substract the points where it needs as well.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

10 minutes ago, KurokouNekoki.7891 said:

I admit that I come in this with a not complete understanding what this message means or what you mean.
But for the global reading of this, I think by now we all agree that the expansion could have been delayed a bit more to give time to attune things accordingly and also view every endpoints, and every possible variable (which was often feedbacked in other content).

If you meant the bashing for that META event posts, I think it was clear as day that there was some large undervision at which most likely variables would affect the success rate.
The Idea Conceptually is amazing, put together in the perfect situation that would be a masterpiece no doubts.
But like for that META; it does only take 1 screw up to ruin it all, and that's sad.

In a way, I can give my sincere sympathies to the devs, as we all understand they do not make those decisions; which is the role of the executives to make, and I guess a delay on the expansion couldn't be on the plan to make a perfectly smooth launch, which I believe is (or should be) the goal of every development teams. There was a lot of efforts put into this, New Kaineng is a mess, but bloody hell it is stunning. Echovald Wilds, with the music, I'm feeling like I'm inside the Maze in Harry Potter (Book 4). Everything has been constructed with the sweat and tears of the artists, coders and such, but yeah; 1 mistake is all it takes to give a sour taste.

I am more than willing to give points where it is due, but I'll also substract the points where it needs as well.

I mean saying that this game is in maintenance mode is ignorance, not doing research is incompetence. I will readily agree that Dragon's End has it's flaws, as does the META accompanying it.  However, this expansion has not been out long and there will inevitably be bugs and some fine tuning needed. I've said it before and I'll say it again: There's a difference between constructive criticism (a good example is your post: you've made terrific points and presented a solution to said problems) and just flat out bashing: I.E people calling the developers lazy and basically stupid. I actually agree with giving credit where it's due and pointing out things that are wrong. I do believe they are trying to address the empty map problem. 

It really am just tired of this baseless bashing kitten. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Don't worry ... Anet is calling you right now to setup a personal appointment. You are THAT important. 🤣

Seriously though, OP must not be familiar with the process. I mean ... we will see patch notes constantly for the next 2 weeks. THAT is what Anet is doing right now. How is that silence?

I swear if Anet isn't sending forum messages every 5 minutes about exactly what someone wants to hear, that person will say they don't communicate with us and there is silence. Ridiculous. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

23 hours ago, fourhim.3584 said:

This isn't so much a complaint as just asking if this is par for the course in MMOs 4 days after an expansion comes out.  I obviously am very hesitant to comment here.  I'm personally just surprised that as many major threads are out there complaining about certain things, how I haven't seen one ANET comment anywhere, even to say "We hear you and we're looking into it."  From release day nerfs, to fishing difficulty/confusion (especially in Tyria and elsewhere), empty EOD maps, to the final meta apparently being nigh unbeatable, how long does it usually take before someone from ANET responds to those threads, or do they typically not respond at all?

I'm sure in the first few days the bugs take precedent, since people need to be able to play the game.  And it's only been 4 days too, so I'm probably just too eager 🙂

On a side note, when will things like the GW2 wiki have a lot more information on EOD content?

Thanks.

No, just SOP for Anet. In my experience, Anet has always been this way unless something really hits then fan then they MAY come and interact with there customers.  Regular interaction and sharing has always been lacking.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Tsakhi.8124 said:

I mean saying that this game is in maintenance mode is ignorance, not doing research is incompetence. I will readily agree that Dragon's End has it's flaws, as does the META accompanying it.  However, this expansion has not been out long and there will inevitably be bugs and some fine tuning needed. I've said it before and I'll say it again: There's a difference between constructive criticism (a good example is your post: you've made terrific points and presented a solution to said problems) and just flat out bashing: I.E people calling the developers lazy and basically stupid. I actually agree with giving credit where it's due and pointing out things that are wrong. I do believe they are trying to address the empty map problem. 

It really am just tired of this baseless bashing kitten. 

I thank you!
I do try my best to keep my rage inside to be honest, and to stay constructive and helpful (being an ex-worker in the industry does give you a good sense on what is in the other face of the mirror).

But yeah, Maintenance Mode WILL happen eventually just not now, and with a bit of hope that we do get to have private servers when that time comes...

But for now there is still some valid points we have to give the devs and whoever actually worked on this, that we simply CANNOT take away and have to acknowledge them for the TIME that was invested.

--------------
I still stand by my point that a delay of the expansion probably would have helped, but we will have to dig with what we have now!

(For record for whoever thinks that I am, I am not white knighting, nor am on the bashing side, I'm more taking the stance of a mediator who is valuing each side's arguments and try to find the just middle solutions are potential ones.)

• Like 1

Not like every day we get like 1-3 post with lots of bug fixes/updates and separate twitter posts with them explaining that they are aware of certain problems and are trying to work these things out.

Seriously i understand that kittenposting and hating Anet for everything is popular on reddit and forum but at least think of more difficult thesis to debunk.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Nawrotex.9521 said:

Not like every day we get like 1-3 post with lots of bug fixes/updates and separate twitter posts with them explaining that they are aware of certain problems and are trying to work these things out.

Seriously i understand that kittenposting and hating Anet for everything is popular on reddit and forum but at least think of more difficult thesis to debunk.

"Welcome to the Internet Age."
I think is really the only "caption" we can put to that sort of situations...
And this has been our "quite unfortunate" Culture since the Mid 2000's if not earlier people!

• Like 1

This is the usual. They announce major changes only 1-2 days before and they aren't really posting in the forums a lot. Besides in the first 1-2 weeks I'd only expect bugfixes and major balance changes once most players have settled in and played through most of the content. (Weekend now it will only really start ... for players that did not have much time during the week.)

The one account (something with Rubi) from ArenaNet seemed to comment sometimes though - about major bugs that blocked progress ... which got fixed then.

For  major changes (nerfs and stuff) they need to wait first - to get a lot of different opinions instead of changing stuff because a few players suggest it while a lot might not even fully have played through all new content.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

This is the usual. They announce major changes only 1-2 days before and they aren't really posting in the forums a lot. Besides in the first 1-2 weeks I'd only expect bugfixes and major balance changes once most players have settled in and played through most of the content. (Weekend now it will only really start ... for players that did not have much time during the week.)

The one account (something with Rubi) from ArenaNet seemed to comment sometimes though - about major bugs that blocked progress ... which got fixed then.

Rubi is the Content Marketing Manager, so I think she is handling most of the Community PR affairs by now.
The previous Forum Manager Lead used to be Gaile who departed from the company after the events of 2019.
I do miss Gaile, BUT I still can say that Rubi has things in hands. 

Edited by KurokouNekoki.7891
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KurokouNekoki.7891 said:

Rubi is the Content Marketing Manager, so I think she is handling most of the Community PR affairs by now.
The previous Forum Manager Lead used to be Gaile who departed from the company after the events of 2019.
I do miss Gaile, BUT I still can say that Rubi has things in hands. 

Yes. Thanks for clarification. I even saw she posted here in this thread. Remembered Gaile ... but I usually never remember people's names and/or faces. (For games I don't really now the names of the developers. Just the company name. For movies/series only the characters even barely remember actor's names less the names of directors and stuff lol.) I know for PvP/WvW you sometimes (rarely ... but feels more often than for the  other parts of the game) have one of the guys from ArenaNet in the forums posting.

Edited by Luthan.5236

1 minute ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Yes. Thanks for clarification. I even saw she posted here in this thread. Remembered Gaile ... but I usually never remember people's names and/or faces. (For games I don't really now the names of the developers. Just the company name. For movies/series only the characters even barely remember actor's names less the names of directors and stuff lol.) I know for PvP/WvW you sometimes (rarely ... but feels more often than for the  other parts of the game) have one of the guys from ArenaNet in the forums posting.

How dare you forget Gaile?!
Just kidd. xD

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I think one difference is because GW2 can be updated whenever, without having to schedule maintenance down time, there's not much point saying 'this will be fixed in the next patch' because by the time they're able to say that they can just go ahead and fix it.

This, right here.  There are bugs they fixed yesterday that aren't even included in patch notes.  I know this because I found a bug, reported in via the in game bug report, then later that evening there was a patch and the bug was fixed with no mention of it in the notes.
I've experienced (player side) a lot of game and expansion launches.  This is by far the smoothest and most responsive launch I've ever experienced.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Did you not read the Game Update/Release Notes? 

Its good they are telling us as they are fixing things sure but there no info on what they did to the elite spec and they did a good bit. That a real problem for adding something so big to the game as elite spec that we are getting no info on what they did.

• Confused 4

9 minutes ago, Kitty La Boom Boom.4065 said:

This, right here.  There are bugs they fixed yesterday that aren't even included in patch notes.  I know this because I found a bug, reported in via the in game bug report, then later that evening there was a patch and the bug was fixed with no mention of it in the notes.
I've experienced (player side) a lot of game and expansion launches.  This is by far the smoothest and most responsive launch I've ever experienced.

Ngl though, if it does help fixing some "urgent" matters, and considering the streak of the game of being offline only like 4-5 times in 10 years, I think a hard maintenance downtime would be totally acceptable.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

Its good they are telling us as they are fixing things sure but there no info on what they did to the elite spec and they did a good bit. That a real problem for adding something so big to the game as elite spec that we are getting no info on what they did.

Are you aware that you can just log into the game and look at the elite specs to see "what they did"? Snarkiness aside, the most likely reason they didn't include change notes on the elite specs is because they weren't making changes to established game mechanics. This was the official release of the new elite specs. The beta events were, you know, betas, subject to change. The only things set in stone were the officially released descriptions of what the specs were going to be like thematically, not the exact details of how each skill/trait worked.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, divineDerivative.5194 said:

Are you aware that you can just log into the game and look at the elite specs to see "what they did"? Snarkiness aside, the most likely reason they didn't include change notes on the elite specs is because they weren't making changes to established game mechanics. This was the official release of the new elite specs. The beta events were, you know, betas, subject to change. The only things set in stone were the officially released descriptions of what the specs were going to be like thematically, not the exact details of how each skill/trait worked.

They even gave us notes during the beta for the elite spec updates. Its out right silly to think anet should not give us a heads up on what they changed on there classes that took up months to come out to reveal being a bigger part of the expansion then the new zones and the story it self of EoD.

5 days and no notes about what anet did to the elite spec of EoD from the beta to release. This is not normal for such a significant part of an expansion. It is impossible to know if what we have now are intended or are bugs and we cant know until we see office notes.

• Confused 2

calm down folks,

the guy(or girl? idk) who post releases notes, sometimes appear os complaints post to say that are looking to fix stuff, and lots of them where fixed these days. theres lots of fix updates when im playing.

they seems focusin on fix stuff that can stall the game progression like events or bug in history.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1