Vindicator being released in this state is disrespectful to the PvP community

Shiyo.3578

On 3/11/2022 at 6:36 AM, grx.8714 said:

sPvP is no longer a competitive gamemode anyway. There are no people playing, they are all in PvE now since it was a PvE release.

I have my own account since 2 months more or less and i got already 3 armor legendary pieces in sPvP. 

So who cares, I am not playing vindi neither harbi because you can abuse them now, but once they get nerfed you will be so bad at the game because you are used to play a carrying kitten.

So let them play it and farm them hardcore once it gets nerfed even if it's in 6 months, worse for them.

They don't play sPvP, so don't expect good balance in this gamemode, they called datas and crybabes posts and forums and this tells you everything.

Maybe a little off topic but how the heck you managed to make 3 legendary armour pieces by playing roughly 2 months? With currency hardlock per season it is not possible 🤔

On 3/11/2022 at 6:36 AM, grx.8714 said:

So who cares, I am not playing vindi neither harbi because you can abuse them now, but once they get nerfed you will be so bad at the game because you are used to play a carrying kitten.

So let them play it and farm them hardcore once it gets nerfed even if it's in 6 months, worse for them.

I see this the other way around. If Vindicator gets a huge nerf, it will be way more harder to learn then than now. So one day Vindicator becomes harder to play but you already have all the basics and recognise most if not all its strong and weak points, and also how hard are certain matchups.

Right now I'm spamming Vindicator for this very same reason, learning it now that is easy.

1 hour ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

what hardlock? ascended shards are repeatable 

According to the wiki, 300 PvP league tickets are needed to make the whole set. 3 pieces takes 150 pvp league tickets. But now that I read into it, I forgot that there are mini seasons between main seasons (which are around month and a half long roughly?). You can only get 100 tickets per season but I suppose the mini seasons in-between make the legendary armour making a bit faster, so I guess that's feasible to make 3 leggy pieces in 2 months. 

(Sarcasm warning.)

At least we don't have to worry about downstate anymore. Today a Vindicator put my Ele into downstate with one hit, and then a second later defeated her from full downstate HP with another hit.

She runes a Vitality amulet and 40% Protection from Tempest line.

EDIT: Happened again in another game. This time no downstate at all, just instant death.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Confused 2

On 3/11/2022 at 2:48 AM, chokela.4823 said:

Rev are counterable as usual, chain cc & weak to immo

Yesterday it was full of pvpers I did not see this much people (out of mat evenings) for a while

All specs are playable and its really a nice expansion, some balance there and this would be better for sure but cmmon....

What about starting by using ur brain???

Counterable doesn't matter when co-efficients are off the charts. Do yourself the favor of playing Core Revenant with the same legends then see the difference in between Vindicator if you even can so that you get a proper understanding of counterable. As a notice I main Core and it's more than playable even though they nerfed it, again.

Of course Rev mains will defend the spec. They want to remain op and unchallenged. I do hope they make some changes to the class it is way too op. I enjoy playing it of course but it is pretty boring after a few matches because there isn't any 1v1 challenge. Even if rev isn't your main, you will win. 

I believe a game designer is playing REV in the game and that's why it is so broken lol.

5 hours ago, Ragnarvor.2351 said:

Of course Rev mains will defend the spec. They want to remain op and unchallenged. I do hope they make some changes to the class it is way too op. I enjoy playing it of course but it is pretty boring after a few matches because there isn't any 1v1 challenge. Even if rev isn't your main, you will win. 

I believe a game designer is playing REV in the game and that's why it is so broken lol.

I think no dev main it, it have same problem like renegade had in pvp, class dont have much to offer mechanicly, because its design, so they use bigger numbers. And that is bad. Heal jump and gs5 are overtuned, i hate gs5 because in 1v1 you does sometimes even 10k but vs 5 targets it does like 2k per target. So when nerfed(it have to happend) it will be meme in teamfights.

Rn i can say that condi is still best counter to rev. If you condi bomb him and force him to dodge, its over, he will levitate for 2 seconds and die during "evade frame". Abuse this, rev does not have ez tim vs condi, and when he have to use treesong for cleanse he dont have energy to be that much agrresive. 

Use guard/necro walls, it will delete whole dodge. And DH bowskills for some reason often hit even in evadeframe.

And powerclasses. I met one bladesworn who preassured me with his spam skills and forced me to dodge, then hit me with 10k slash right after and. It is done.

Dmg wise most of the new specs can spam 8-10k hits more frequently, so abuse this.

Thats all i can bring rn to help you guys as rev main.

• Thanks 1

They clearly don’t care anymore this is true. And I think it is obvious they did not even test the specs against the PvP environment. The new specs are either overturned AF or just non functional.

The GS5 on the new Rev is probably the most brain dead-supporting burst I have seen in this game yet. It is just time to let go I think.

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Confused 1

On 3/10/2022 at 3:40 PM, coro.3176 said:

What is with the devs' reluctance to make quick balance fixes?

If they make a change and it's too heavy-handed, it's not like they can't re-adjust the next week, or even the next day! But no, they act as if they can only do one balance patch every 6 months to 2 years, and are only allowed to touch a few traits/skills per class.

February 2020 Manifesto

wE wAnT tO Do mOrE gRaNuLaR bAlAnCe pAtCheS sO bIg pAtCheS aRe oUt

• Sad 1

On 3/10/2022 at 6:03 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

Yeah, assuming their code is in C++ it's just something like:

If (ZoneType == PvP)
{

power = power * 0.85;

}

or make your variable numbers constants in an easy to reach place so you don't search the code for them and it's even faster :D

Edited by ShadowYoda.6587

On 3/22/2022 at 5:15 AM, chokela.4823 said:

Vindicator not playable anymore thank you very much goldies for ur oustanding brightness

Its still playable but you're pretty much pigeonholed in a very specific build to make it work and is pretty hard to play.

Retri/Devastation/Vindicator GS/SS using Alliance and Shiro.

Only variation comes from the amulet, Either Paladins for Sidenoding or Avatar's for a mid-node teamfighting approach. Zerker Amy not really worth considering anymore as anyone with half a brain will just tunnel you to hell as soon as you land from your jump.

Offensively you rely on pretty complicated combos to pressure single targets. Cleave is still good though.

Edited by Ashgar.3024
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 10:15 AM, chokela.4823 said:

Vindicator not playable anymore thank you very much goldies for ur oustanding brightness

As a Rev main player which spent his first 30 ranked matches in this season playing only Vindicator and not liking and claiming that won't be vaible at MATs  (before the nerfs)  and being pro-nerf I'm happy about ANet removed Vindi from PvP so I can keep playing the more rewarding Herald and Renegade builds as before.

This will teach ANet a new lesson about bringing to the game  specs with single dodge, since seems that Mirage wasn't a warning enough.

On 3/10/2022 at 3:50 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

Just abandon the mode entirely and admit you will no longer support it.

They did, this has been clear for years. It's players like you who keep hoping and not moving on. Why would anyone play GW2 for pvp at this stage lol?

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2022 at 7:54 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

When you enter gold3 the matchmaker considers you equal to a rank1.

I mean gold 3 is top 250 nowadays so why not?

Ladder being dead/deflated is the culprit here.

The Legend tier basically doesn't exist on the US ladder, the few that achieves it usually "randomly" pop out with exactly 120 seasonal games played exactly the Sunday before ladder reset. Understand what you will from that 

Edited by Ashgar.3024