Jade Maw scaling too hard

This is true. 

I've had three Jade Maw. The first two failed. In these attempts we had squad full of people doing it. Every fragment thrown at it only deal like 1% damage. 

Then my 3rd run which I waited it to spawn, after checking the spawn schedule on wiki. We started the event with like 5 people, me included, then some other filled in halfway to like 10. It took us less than 5 minutes to take it down. 

That event scales horribly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2022 at 12:13 AM, Valaraukar.7652 said:

It's the same kind event as Joko event.

The event must be done with a few people only.
So, it's a not tag event and limited to 5-10 people.

Indeed, finished it easy with only a few people. Worst thing is that right now all people on the map kinda need it and come to the maw when it spawns.  Some pretty kitten terrible scaling this one.

The event is not hard, it is just broken when scaled up. When you have let say 45 people the HP scales for that many people and you need 45 crystals but you only get 5. I think they should rework it and make the crystals something like breakbar thing "Hit it with x crystals" it drops to the ground or something and people hit it repeat 3 time or something, boom now it is even active event. 

• Like 1

One of the main issues is that most of the players don’t seem to actually be contributing in generating crystals. They just stand or run around aimlessly. If you destroy the tentacles and golems (?), you’ll get a lot of crystals. Whether this will generate 100 over the duration of the event, I don’t know. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Don't worry.  After tomorrow's patch, when the turtle egg can be obtained via vendor, there will be far fewer players attempting this meta.

Jade maw, isn't the meta event.. its just a single event  and initially there will be MORE people doing it because you need it to get your turtle.

The patch today, will just allow you to buy the egg and skip beating Soo Wan.

This is insane. I hid my tag, let only five people join, asked the other arrivals to wait outside until the Jade Maw was low to finish it together -- but, as usual, nobody listened and my repeated attempts to ask people to leave the event zone and have only five players bring it down to 5% were met with aggression in chat.

This event either needs 15 more minutes on the timer or an up-scaling that makes sense. The way it is now, it can be considered broken.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I agree it's a problem that the event is so much easier with fewer people and virtually impossible with larger groups. More people showing up to help with an event shouldn't be a problem in GW2.

I've seen it succeed twice, once just because the map wasn't full and very few people joined in and once because it was an organised meta map and the commander specifically asked everyone to limit it to 10 people and only those who need it for an achievement.

I think the mechanics of it are fine but the scaling needs to be adjusted, so with more people the fragments being thrown do more damage than they currently do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just attempted 3 times.

All failed.

Issues are as follows:
 - scaling as above has said, too easy to scale.
 - availability of crystals, not enough drop for larger groups
 - Timer - very short
 - long times without being able to "activate" the crystal to throw as it just won't put down the aoe.

Effects: 

- Waiting till low pop times to try again.
 - Most of pre event comms are telling people to drop their tag
 - Arguments breaking out about "git gud" over an event that is clearly buggy.
 - People trolling by tagging up

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1