EoD Meta Rewards

" We're investigating this. Ultimately, we want the End of Dragons metas to be a staple of the endgame open world experience, like the Heart of Thorns metas. We'll be taking the first step towards addressing this in the March 15 build. "

key words here were " End of Dragons METAS ", you know, with an S, not just Dragons End. Patch notes say only Dragons End, where's the love for the other 3 METAS? Are we gonna get some communication like real soon as to why the other 3 METAS weren't in todays patch?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

56 minutes ago, MokahTGS.7850 said:

ANet does not know how to make rewards rewarding...have always struggled with this from day 1

I'd care to disagree. HoT is a good example of giving substantial rewards for big events, it's why people still run things like Octovine on a regular basis. EoD has been VERY reward-light, especially compared to all past content. Considering how much more effort has to go into the events for EoD, and how little the players get as a reward, it's a struggle to do all but the bare minimum of what's needed to get map completion and just  bug out from there.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Tru Vine.9254 said:

I've never seen so much trash in any other the other expansions or LW. I feel like most of what I get is literally trash and not a single decent drop.

^^^ This.  I agree that most of what I get is literal garbage (broken lockpicks, that type of thing).  Unless this is changed big time, I don't see coming back to EoD much after I get map completion.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Kinney Drae.9307 said:

HoT is a good example of giving substantial rewards for big events

You might want to look into the patch history for that.

These days...

Gerent is also the most sought after because of the infusion shaped carrot but it's the worst g/h among the HoT metas.

Dragon Stand is run for exclusive account bound rewards and medium but solid return.

Verdant Brink has Bladed Armor as a chase item and Matriarch is super quick and thus good g/h.

Tarir is just stupidly simple and fast and you get to open lots of chests with keys being abundant and there is another mythical carrot.

For EoD, take a look at this.

Sample size is still lacking but lining up with what I've seen via gw2efficiency tracker.

4 minutes ago, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

This.  I agree that most of what I get is literal garbage (broken lockpicks, that type of thing).  Unless this is changed big time, I don't see coming back to EoD much after I get map completion.

It's Joon's evil masterplan to get you addicted to the Jade Bot converting all the garbage into slivers.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

All 4 metas give a daily hero's chest on completion now

Not all the same, 3 of the chests are not worth your time and DE's also isn't going to be worth your time for very long.

These metas are STILL worse than Drizzlewood / Dragonsfall / Dragonstorm / Silverwastes for gold/hour while also not even providing unique cosmetics/infusions. Why?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Desh.7028 said:

For EoD, take a look at this.

Sample size is still lacking but lining up with what I've seen via gw2efficiency tracker.

if you click it open you would see 65% of the profit is attributed to imperial favor

if you click that open you'd see it's based on trading armor pieces then selling on TP for about 3-4x what people put buy orders on, you'll never sell enough to make that return...

(and thats assuming you can buy more than 1/week from that npc, i never tried...)

Edited by Peterson.5172
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Peterson.5172 said:

if you click it open you would see 65% of the profit is attributed to imperial favor

if you click that open you'd see it's based on trading armor pieces then selling on TP for about 3-4x what people put buy orders on, you'll never sell enough to make that return...

You do realize my point is that EoD metas in general and Jade Sea in particular are quite kitten in terms of rewards, right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kinney Drae.9307 said:

I'd care to disagree. HoT is a good example of giving substantial rewards for big events, it's why people still run things like Octovine on a regular basis. EoD has been VERY reward-light, especially compared to all past content. Considering how much more effort has to go into the events for EoD, and how little the players get as a reward, it's a struggle to do all but the bare minimum of what's needed to get map completion and just  bug out from there.

There's another important difference between HoT and EoD with regard to event/reward structure.  You can just show up for the meta in HoT and make good loot without participating in the rest of the events on the map.  However, the maps also reward you for doing the events by giving you keys and currency with which to buy keys and then showering the map with chests to open as the events are completed.

A great example of this is Tangled Depths.  The rewards for the meta actually aren't very good, especially when you account for the forced wait for the cannons to charge after killing the bosses.  However, if the events were completed and you have enough keys, there are far more chests to open in the lanes and in the areas where the events occurred than there are in the treasure rooms beneath Tarir.

EoD does none of that.  The metas are unrewarding and so are the events between (for the maps that even have events...wtf is up with Kaineng?  Seriously!).  Far more effort went into the design of the HoT maps than they did with this rush job and it shows.

I really hope they go back and do a serious update.  They did it for HoT when so much wasn't well-received and they made into a great open world experience.  They need to do the same with this mess of an expansion.  Not just update rewards and call it done.  And it needs more work than HoT ever did.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I really hope they go back and do a serious update.  They did it for HoT when so much wasn't well-received and they made into a great open world experience.  They need to do the same with this mess of an expansion.  Not just update rewards and call it done.  And it needs more work than HoT ever did.

This is also my hope. 

I have fully embraced my status as a sunk-cost, "stuck with GW2 until it dies" player now. As such, I've gained a lot of patience. I'd be okay with a steadier stream of improvements over time. I don't need things to be "fixed" right away, only to prove insufficient. I got my turtle, I capped out my masteries, I'm... gonna take a bit of a break now lol.

In a perfect world such changes include making Kaineng feel less like a weird, hollow movie set and more like an actual city. But seeing as how ANet's never really done that elsewhere, I'm not getting my hopes up. I'd be happy with slow but steady tweaks to the EoD metas that recapture the magic of what makes the HoT metas worth repeating.

Edited by voltaicbore.8012
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So I haven't really set foot out of Cantha since release, but I'm genuinely tired of the EoD maps already with these crap rewards.  There's almost no purpose to play the expansion open world at this point. 

Are the old events flourishing well enough?  I need some purpose or I'm gonna fizzle out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1