What are your thoughts on the possibility of Strike CMs being another way to get a Legendary Armor set someday?

As Living world season chapters come out, I think it is fair to expect Strikes to be released along side them. Eventually we will have quite a few Strike CMs as well. Possibly 8 or 9 before next xpac. What are your thoughts on having a new Legendary Armor set tied to these CMs? I think it would be cool to have more options for legendary stuff. I think having options is great and since Strike CMs may be a good way to reward new legendary armor. Would you support this direction or is the thought of another way to provide legendary armor rewards detrimental due to the likelihood of further reducing raid participation? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Would you support this direction or is the thought of another way to provide legendary armor rewards detrimental due to the likelihood of further reducing raid participation? 

I kind of assume that the crowd of people doing strike CMs would be mostly made up of the people that do raids, so I am not sure much would be different. (obviously an assumption on my part though)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, knite.1542 said:

I kind of assume that the crowd of people doing strike CMs would be mostly made up of the people that do raids, so I am not sure much would be different. (obviously an assumption on my part though)

If that's the case (and it probably is) there's no real reason not to have strike CMs also be required for a new legendary armor set collection for some new skins at the least, or for those that dont raid but find strikes easier to hop into, maybe. It's generally easier to learn new fights when they come out than after everyone else has them mastered, afterall. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

Well they kind of are "another way" to get armor as your title suggests, albeit not a new set like your post suggests. Strike CMs will give LI. This allows everyone a faster or more varied way to get the 150 LI required to acquire the first set of current PvE legendary armor set. I think Strike CMs could just offer new armor skins, similar to the runic armor set (account bound exotic stat selectable armor). 

I think providing a second set of PvE legendary armor would be risky business because it could completely kill raids beyond preexisting static groups, making it harder and even less accessible to new raiders. It may also have unseen consequences on HoT open world metas as well.

Now let's hope we get legendary jade bot cores that require LI to craft, and then make those cores sellable on the TP, so maxed out raiders still have a in-game reward incentive to continue raiding and hopefully mingling with newer raiders. Maybe even make the above mentioned skins purchasable with a mix of LI and green prophet shards. I think the game would benefit more from a "profitable" LI sink than another PvE leggy armor set.

Edited by firedragon.8953
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

If that's the case (and it probably is) there's no real reason not to have strike CMs also be required for a new legendary armor set collection for some new skins at the least, or for those that dont raid but find strikes easier to hop into, maybe. It's generally easier to learn new fights when they come out than after everyone else has them mastered, afterall. 

It's the exact opposite. There's no point in providing a second set of legendary armor to the very same group the first one was meant for. The second PvE legendary armor, if it ever appears, should be rather aiming at people that were not covered by the release of the Envoy set.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's the exact opposite. There's no point in providing a second set of legendary armor to the very same group the first one was meant for. The second PvE legendary armor, if it ever appears, should be rather aiming at people that were not covered by the release of the Envoy set.

Agree 100%. I am a strong advocate for having a way of getting legendary armor for casual PVE players who mostly plays solo. May be throw in world bosses, bounty and metas (not dragon end meta).

Edited by Yellow Rainbow.6142
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

Agree 100%. I am a strong advocate for having a way of getting legendary armor for casual PVE players who mostly plays solo. May be throw in world bosses, bounty and metas (not dragon end meta).

I don't think that's appropriate or fair to raiders tbh..strike CMs will likely be comparable though. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

So, raiders having a monopoly on PvE armor is fair then? Is it fair that all non-raiding PvE players do not have their legendary armor set? Is that what you think?

That's not the point of this thread. Arenanet has already determined that Legendary Armor is won by either doing WvW or PvE raids. Strike CMs are raid style content, so I was wondering what people would think if legendary armor collections were added to strike CMs. If you want to complain that you cant afk your way into legendary armor through open world content, then please make your own topic for that. 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

That's not the point of this thread.

Thread? No. Your post? Yes, it was.

Arenanet has already determined that Legendary Armor is won by either doing WvW or PvE raids.

No. Arenanet determined that Legendary Armor is won by doing Raids. After a while, they decided to expand it and add WvW and SPvP to it. And they could expand it even further to new types of content anythime if they ever decide to do so.

Strike CMs are raid style content, so I was wondering what people would think if legendary armor collections were added to strike CMs.

And i told you what i thought about it - there's no reason to do so. Raids already fulfill that function for the same group of players. There's no point in adding more than one avenue of obtaining a legendary set for them - it would be redundant. What would not be redundant is adding a legendary armor set for groups of players that aren't already covered by existing acquisition methods.

And i do not see how this happening could ever be "unfair" for raid players.

• Like 7
  • Confused 6

On 3/16/2022 at 4:05 PM, Astralporing.1957 said:

So, raiders having a monopoly on PvE armor is fair then? Is it fair that all non-raiding PvE players do not have their legendary armor set? Is that what you think?

What I think is that some people should stop trying to single out ""raiders"" (=people participating in raids) as some exlucsive group that doesn't do anything else than just raid, as well as stop pretending that anyone has a "monopoly" on anything here, since from my understanding that would imply people are somehow locked out of it, which is not true. I think legendary items are a perfect example of a potentially desirable but not "must-have" reward that can pull people into endgame content (harder pve, wvw, pvp), while at the same time not lock anyone out of any content if they don't acquire those rewards, since everyone can easly keep playing with ascended tier gear and not lose any power.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 5

Anet added more ways to acquire LI’s from the weekly Canthan Strike achievement, and also said they will be rewards for the CM modes. Since it’s the same currency already used for the raid armor, I’m not expecting a new set to be added for strikes specifically.

At least not for this round of strikes. Maybe a future expansion if they decide against adding LI’s to CMs / weeklies, then maybe, but at the moment it looks like a solid no.

On 3/18/2022 at 1:49 AM, AlexndrTheGreat.8310 said:

Anet added more ways to acquire LI’s from the weekly Canthan Strike achievement, and also said they will be rewards for the CM modes. Since it’s the same currency already used for the raid armor, I’m not expecting a new set to be added for strikes specifically.

At least not for this round of strikes. Maybe a future expansion if they decide against adding LI’s to CMs / weeklies, then maybe, but at the moment it looks like a solid no.

Got a link to any info about repeatable weekly strike CMs rewards? 

On 3/15/2022 at 10:22 PM, Einsof.1457 said:

Would you support this direction or is the thought of another way to provide legendary armor rewards detrimental due to the likelihood of further reducing raid participation? 

I'd be more than happy to (but a pve one), and no it wouldn't reduce much the raid participation, people that play not for the armor will continue and those that are raiding just for the armor would anyway stop at 750li

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 3/16/2022 at 4:05 PM, Astralporing.1957 said:

Yes, of course.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I'd rather have a second leg ring, to have the whole set available in PVE. And to have some added reason to play strikes other than just for fun (yes, I'm one of those players, and rewards for strikes are absolute trash so far). Considering CMs are advertised as raid-level, it's all going to be the same kitten anyway.

Edited by Wintermute.5408

On 3/16/2022 at 6:05 PM, Astralporing.1957 said:

Legendary farms are completely impractical, and should be done only for vanity sake. So with that in mind - yes, it's fair, because nobody is losing much. And after getting all of the PVE leg trinkets, every single one of them pushed me to do stuff I would never do voluntarily. I've had more fun getting started with raids than doing the godforsaken "return to" story replays.

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

On 3/16/2022 at 4:07 PM, Einsof.1457 said:

Arenanet has already determined that Legendary Armor is won by either doing WvW or PvE raids. Strike CMs are raid style content, so I was wondering what people would think if legendary armor collections were added to strike CMs. If you want to complain that you cant afk your way into legendary armor through open world content,

I would not benefit from it (because I already have 3 legy armor sets) but I believe that adding more choices/options for getting legy armor would be a good thing for the game.

So, why not, make an option to get the raid legy armor with strike-CMs. And because you can get WvW legendary armor with (more or less) AFKing in WvW, so why not extend that to Open World AFKing? It's the same thing. Or add some "open world legendary journey" achievements for that.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Zok.4956 said:

I would not benefit from it (because I already have 3 legy armor sets) but I believe that adding more choices/options for getting legy armor would be a good thing for the game.

So, why not, make an option to get the raid legy armor with strike-CMs. And because you can get WvW legendary armor with (more or less) AFKing in WvW, so why not extend that to Open World AFKing? It's the same thing. Or add some "open world legendary journey" achievements for that.

You do know that you need to open world pve alot to get resources for the raid legendary armor right?

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

You do know that you need to open world pve alot to get resources for the raid legendary armor right?

As someone who did the armor collections/achievements: No, it is not "alot". There is open world stuff, but it is not much compared to the raid and fractal stuff you have to do. What was your point?

EDIT: Sure, there's a timegate and some material cost, because legendary. But thats not "open world" stuff.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

As someone who did the armor collections/achievements: No, it is not "alot". There is open world stuff, but it is not much compared to the raid and fractal stuff you have to do. What was your point?

EDIT: Sure, there's a timegate and some material cost, because legendary. But thats not "open world" stuff.

Reread the first statment, looks like your comparing wvw and pve armor so both have the open world farming in them I spoke about ( only extra to pve one is https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Craftsmanship )

My question instead would have to be if you can more or less afk your way to wvw legendary armor why is a general open world armor needed?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1