Turtle saddle strike mission

This video is good if u wanna know what will happen :) 

check at 2 min 40 sec for the turtle strike :)

some tipps from me:

- get at least 1 ranged weapon

- try to get survival skills (block heal and such) there is no time limit...so a living player do more dmg than a dead player :)

- dont worry to creat your own lfg search. Its better that u write honsetly that you are looking for a chilled 1st time run. (Speed runner hates it if u join them while they are clearly looking for someone else) with your own lfg you will find these relaxed vetrans that are ready to help even if it takes 30 min longer :)

- be ready to spent at least 1,5 hours...so u dont need to stress yourself :)

if you play on EU feel free to contact me :) i can try to help :) (im far from beeing a pro...but i will gladly help :D)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 3/17/2022 at 7:51 AM, moony.5780 said:

some tipps from me:
- get at least 1 ranged weapon
- try to get survival skills (block heal and such)
 there is no time limit...so a living player do more dmg than a dead player 🙂

Both terrible advice. There are supporter roles in a Strike Mission group that will take care of your ouchies. If you are not one of them, your job is to deal as much damage as you can -- the longer a fight lasts, the more exhausting it will grow with its AoE mechanics and damage dealt to the group.

Rather bring skills from which the whole group will benefit (like Quickness, Alacrity, Aegis); usually, the Commander assigns the roles, so don't stress out about it too much. As a newbie, go in as a DPS dealer -- simple.

The most important thing is to learn the mechanics: which enemy does what, and even more importantly, what am I supposed to do?

• The Rule of thumb: if you run out of dodges, simply run out of the AoE. (Don't stray too far, though, or you won't receive group support.)
  • In this particular case, avoiding AoE also includes not letting Minister Li down you with his dash attack. So always stand behind him, unless you are the target (in that case, stand in front of him so that the rest of the group won't get hit by his attacks).
  • If you have a number (I to III) above your head, get out of the group or you will down everyone with the following explosion.
  • When the orange circles appear, also walk out of the group and don't let the circles overlap with where another player stands or everyone caught in the overlap will potentially get downed as well (the explosion can be survived solo, but not it if it hits more than one player). You can also dodge the explosion shortly before the orange circle has fully filled up -- just don't dodge into another player.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Both terrible advice. There are supporter roles in a Strike Mission group that will take care of your ouchies. If you are not one of them, your job is to deal as much damage as you can -- the longer a fight lasts, the more exhausting it will grow with its AoE mechanics and damage dealt to the group.

Rather bring skills from which the whole group will benefit (like Quickness, Alacrity, Aegis); usually, the Commander assigns the roles, so don't stress out about it too much. As a newbie, go in as a DPS dealer -- simple.

The most important thing is to learn the mechanics: which enemy does what, and even more importantly, what am I supposed to do?

• The Rule of thumb: if you run out of dodges, simply run out of the AoE. (Don't stray too far, though, or you won't receive group support.)
  • In this particular case, avoiding AoE also includes not letting Minister Li down you with his dash attack. So always stand behind him, unless you are the target (then stand in front of him so that the rest of the group won't get hit by his attacks).
  • If you have a number (I to III) above your head, get out of the group or you will down everyone with the following explosion.
  • When the orange circles appear, also walk out of the group and don't let the circles overlap with where another player stands or everyone caught in the overlap will potentially get downed as well (the explosion can be survived solo, but not it if it hits more than one player). You can also dodge the explosion shortly before the orange circle has fully filledy up -- just don't dodge into another player.

it would be better to block those aoe than ask newbie to dodge them

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Doing the Ministry of Security strike mission is totally assine in order to finish the siege turtle ... I just spent over 2 hours with a group trying to complete the mission ... People dropping out and have to restart from the beginning is one problem ... and even then, on 7th try, had Li down to 1% ....... 1% ...... and everyone died ... and mission has to be started AGAIN from the very beginning .... The strike mission should not be a part of the seige turtle requirements as it's practically impossible without spending hours and hours trying to keep a team together to finish it .... I really enjoy playing GW2 but you guys sure got this one wrong .

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Slowpokeking.8720 said:

it would be better to block those aoe than ask newbie to dodge them

I disagree. You have to learn proper combat movement at some point, so why not start here? Walking out of AoE really isn't rocket science.

Also, not all attacks here can be blocked.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Hari.7259 said:

The strike mission should not be a part of the seige turtle requirements as it's practically impossible without spending hours and hours trying to keep a team together to finish it

Did it on the first attempt with random players where only three of us were alive at the end. With no enrage timer, it’s very easy to do. If players want, they can just use the cele harbringer minionmancer build and not die. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, FeladFelan.6098 said:

Being at this point of the siege turtle collection too, I'm really afraid to do this strike mission. I just feel so overwhelmed by all the mechanics and requirements.

Maybe I should wait for possible changes.

I know it can be daunting if its your first time hopping into group content like this but I promise it's not as scary as it looks when you actually get in there. The strike is similar to the Minister Li story step, just with a couple of extra mechanics to look out for, so if you completed that step you'll likely be fine. I ran it a few days after release with 90% of the squad being new to it (including me) and we managed it in a couple of pulls, it doesn't have a timer so is very forgiving.

Kroof has a great video where they break down the fight and explain each mechanic individially, which I'd recommend! It's a little more in-depth than the other one linked and it is much less overwhelming to hop into when you know how all the moving parts work individually! There are a lot of training squads and no-requirement groups for it at the moment so even if you wanted to create your own LFG for likeminded people it should fill very quickly 🙂

But if you are on EU and free around 9pm GMT, feel free to whisper me in-game if you'd like! I've been running the strikes most evenings, usually with at least two or three new people to the fight each time, so if you are still nervous about making your own squad or joining from the LFG, I'd be happy to set up one up if i'm free.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I disagree. You have to learn proper combat movement at some point, so why not start here? Walking out of AoE really isn't rocket science.

Also, not all attacks here can be blocked.

No, ppl are NOT going to touch these content again when they are done.

His AOE circles and big knockback can both be blocked, as well as some of the sniper/mecha's attacks.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Slowpokeking.8720 said:

No, ppl are NOT going to touch these content again when they are done.

That was my intention but got screwed, lol. Finished the strike, got the rewards, but for some reason turtle part wasn't among them... Now I have to try again...

• Sad 3

On 3/18/2022 at 2:24 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

• In this particular case, avoiding AoE also includes not letting Minister Li down you with his dash attack. So always stand behind him, unless you are the target (in that case, stand in front of him so that the rest of the group won't get hit by his attacks).
  • When the orange circles appear, also walk out of the group and don't let the circles overlap with where another player stands or everyone caught in the overlap will potentially get downed as well (the explosion can be survived solo, but not it if it hits more than one player). You can also dodge the explosion shortly before the orange circle has fully filled up -- just don't dodge into another player.

I gave these advices because they r not for new raider or someone who wanna do strikes.....but for someone who just wanna get the turtle and done. So 1k dps and beeing able to rezz people is much more worth than someone whos doeing more dmg....Especially if u have have not even 2 experienced player in the group. The best might be to even take 5 healer in the group, just to have a stressfree run. There is no timelimit nor that is a speedrun....so just some casual run...so better stay alive :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Slowpokeking.8720 said:

You have to loot the chest.

I have autoloot and got the other rewards. But yea, that was my thought as well after a little research. Figured there maybe was more than one chest and the autoloot didnt get the other.

But when I did the strike for the second time, I got the item straight after the win. Before I went near the chest, which I could not open because aparently autoloot got it already.

This might have something to do with daily rewards. I had a similar issue with an item for one of the new spec weapons collections. I did the Seitung meta on a char that did not need it for collection and got the daily reward from it. Then I decided to do it with another char who needed it for collection and did not get the item after it finished. It turned out the collection item dropped from the daily chest. So I had to do it again the next day to get the collection item from daily chest.

• Like 1

I joined a random off-peak random daily strike team today as a Firebrand Healer, having literally zero strike experience and even less raid experience. After the dailies were done, like four people were like "Yo, can we do kaeneng? I NEED TURTLES!", and another three were like "Meh. got no place better to be anyway. LET'S KILL A BOSS!". The LFG was empty, but it didn't take long to find some people to fill the roles our squad needed for a strike that wasn't even a daily.

To anyone hesitating, I say give it a go. The strike really isn't that hard, is easy to grasp where the team messed up if people do fail, and if you have a small experience with how raid/fractal groups operate, you have enough knowledge to organize strike subgroups and recruit the correct roles.

And be glad that we're only required to do Kaeneng, because the Harvest Temple strike was 100x harder. xD

Edited by Westenev.5289
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Hey OP - I got this on Friday night and thought I’d lend some perspective:

- Never done a raid/fractal/strike in GW2

- Experienced WoW vet raiding/mythics 15+
- All ascended gear with a face roll spec (Power Necro)

- Group was all food and stone buffed

- Group was balanced with 1 heals and 2 support

- Everyone in the group had seen all the phases - no first timers

- Got it in 1-shot but I’d done 13 attempts total - all pugs

Biggest thing was having a balanced group that respects mechanics. Willing to jump in if you need a help. Not experienced enough to run it as I don’t know how to properly stack a group. 

Cheers and good luck,

Mal

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Did 10 total attempts with PUGs Sunday. Had in the description to please bring a meta build for solid comp. What I got was a lot of wait time just to get people using new specs they had little real knowledge of and dps under 1k for most of them. When your alacrigade(me) is #2 dps (~10k sustained) something is wrong with the world.

Chief complaints: stacking with circles, ignoring the Numerals overhead (which is impossible to see with commander tag on), not kiting, and 1-1-1-1-1.

All of this after lengthy explanation of mechanics. I don't rage, but I did get really tired of trying. Esp when you get peanut gallery comments from someone who was out in the first stage.

TBH, I had a headache by the 9th attempt. I'm kinda feeling like I don't need a turtle at this point.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, corwin.8356 said:

Did 10 total attempts with PUGs Sunday. Had in the description to please bring a meta build for solid comp. What I got was a lot of wait time just to get people using new specs they had little real knowledge of and dps under 1k for most of them. When your alacrigade(me) is #2 dps (~10k sustained) something is wrong with the world.

Chief complaints: stacking with circles, ignoring the Numerals overhead (which is impossible to see with commander tag on), not kiting, and 1-1-1-1-1.

All of this after lengthy explanation of mechanics. I don't rage, but I did get really tired of trying. Esp when you get peanut gallery comments from someone who was out in the first stage.

TBH, I had a headache by the 9th attempt. I'm kinda feeling like I don't need a turtle at this point.

The numbers over your head is not impossible to see your and even if you have trouble then look for your whole outline of screen that have flames licking it.

It is kinda the same when your whole screen go blue on aetherblade strike mission mate.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

The numbers over your head is not impossible to see your and even if you have trouble then look for your whole outline of screen that have flames licking it.

It is kinda the same when your whole screen go blue on aetherblade strike mission mate.

Not impossible, but much more difficult, and the framing is hard for me to see when focused on fight as my monitor is pretty big so that framing is in my periphery at best, but I get what you're saying.