Mechanist is currently destroying the game. Please consider adjusting it ASAP.

Shiyo.3578

On 3/20/2022 at 5:32 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

The mech can EASILY tank strike bosses. It should not be able to generate enmity at all.

The mech makes all open world content a snoozefest and extremely safe. Actually safer than any torment runes/self sustain build you nerfed going into EoD.

Support mechanist is just as good as Firebrand in groups(provides alac instead of quickness though).

DPS mechanist is doing extremely high DPS.

The skill floor on this class is extremely low, probably the lowest in the entire game.

You can do ~26k DPS while literally AFK only auto-attacking.

Resources:

https://snowcrows.com/builds/engineer/mechanist/heal-alacrity-mechanist

https://snowcrows.com/builds/engineer/mechanist/power-alacrity-mechanist

https://snowcrows.com/builds/engineer/mechanist/condition-mechanist

https://snowcrows.com/benchmarks

How about asking for buffs to other classes instead of asking for even more fun-sucking nerfs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

On 3/21/2022 at 12:00 AM, Nephalem.8921 said:

herald has similar afk dps. mirage has 30k afk dps. signet condi mech doing 40k is the bigger problem but since every casual defends scourge dps i dont see this changing.

Lol herald is nowhere near.... Plus u are comparing freaking ranged class to melee, show me the aa herald and aa mechanist with rifle dps  difference IN THE REAL ENCOUNTER.. it wont be even close cuz again you are comparing melee dps with RANGEEEE. Even more, yes scourge is braindead but rifle mech needs even LESS effort. Just watch the videos.. it was 20k+ what ever dps ONLY by pressing 111 on mech, and with a little more effort when you use your extra 5 buttons you literaly become top power dps spec with one of the highest if not the highest benchmarks in the game for power specs.......and yes other 111 braindead builds exists and ANET NEED TO FIX THEM ALL.. the maximum dps you should be doing by pressing only one button should be something like 5k dps and not this putrid nonsence.

Edited by soul.9651
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

Sure buff everyone to 1 shot every mob that sure sounds fun..

Have you set foot in a strike mission recently? There are points back in heart of thorns where the dps was overall much higher than dps numbers we have now and it was fine. But newer content is being designed with MORE health. Canthan Strike missions are a boring slog. They take a really long time. If dps went up, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. If a class achieves 50k dps, yes absolutely smack them back down. But 30 - 40k should be standard balance for any dps. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 6/30/2022 at 3:08 PM, Jaricko.6143 said:

Or just buff the other classes. Working hard for a potential but unlikely 40k maximum in condi mechanist isn't actually overpowered. Realistically you should be happy if you obtain 80% of any benchmark in actual practice. 
I think all classes should be capable of 40k and have a variety of roles they can serve. But unfortunately there is a now confirmed developer bias. IMO the developers are ruining the game not the class. 

This mantra really needs to stop.  Buffing weaker stuff only applies to things that get nerfed to before the power level they were in previous years.

Stuff is so insanely powercreeped from core that it's obliterated entire classes from viability because their elites don't do enough raw damage and trivialized prior endgame content, and the answer to this isn't "maybe we should reign it in" but to just keep buffing and buffing into an endless arms race?

Like I'd rather they'd have just upped the level cap and added new tiers of gear to be honest.  If something's OP from a numerical POV, it needs to be toned down to normalcy.

• Confused 1

On 3/20/2022 at 10:32 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

The mech can EASILY tank strike bosses. It should not be able to generate enmity at all.

The mech makes all open world content a snoozefest and extremely safe. Actually safer than any torment runes/self sustain build you nerfed going into EoD.

Support mechanist is just as good as Firebrand in groups(provides alac instead of quickness though).

DPS mechanist is doing extremely high DPS.

The skill floor on this class is extremely low, probably the lowest in the entire game.

You can do ~26k DPS while literally AFK only auto-attacking.

OK, I´ll bite. 

I have every profession in the game, and I have played most, since my main was always necro, trash tier for all group content until Scourge arrived. 

Only full ascended condi gear I had pre EoD was medium, from when i fully decked my core engi to excel at dps just before it got nerfed. That will always be remembered as the piano engi. 

I checked snowcrows benchmarks, and decided: cool, let´s try the new mechanist condi. I also came up with some sick skin for my character and I am loving the theme and aesthetics. 

And it´s FINE. It won´t break anything? there are professions with higher dps potential and it shows when people know how to use them. It also has a relatively long ramp up time, which makes it lose A LOT vs more bursty condi specs in some encounters.

As DPS, it´s near top, but many other professions are. It was nerfed on thursday, too.   

As heal, it´s as braindead as Hfb, with potential for some big play if you really know the profession and the encounter (same as hfb). 

The rifle was probably too much but only overperforming condi where ads die too fast. Now it´s back to too little. Also, boring as hell for PVE.

I think mechanist is fine. Other professions need more love and to be played by more capable players. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 6/30/2022 at 11:05 PM, soul.9651 said:

Lol herald is nowhere near.... Plus u are comparing freaking ranged class to melee, show me the aa herald and aa mechanist with rifle dps  difference IN THE REAL ENCOUNTER.. it wont be even close cuz again you are comparing melee dps with RANGEEEE. Even more, yes scourge is braindead but rifle mech needs even LESS effort. Just watch the videos.. it was 20k+ what ever dps ONLY by pressing 111 on mech, and with a little more effort when you use your extra 5 buttons you literaly become top power dps spec with one of the highest if not the highest benchmarks in the game for power specs.......and yes other 111 braindead builds exists and ANET NEED TO FIX THEM ALL.. the maximum dps you should be doing by pressing only one button should be something like 5k dps and not this putrid nonsence.

you should check the date. i made the post months ago before the power mech buffs. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2022 at 11:08 PM, Tatwi.3562 said:

I happen to very much enjoy it for these exact reasons. In fact, it's probably the only aspect of the entire expansion that I am completely satisfied with.

Nerfing it into the ground to satisfy raiders would be a disservice to the other 95% of the people who paid for the content.

Dont think it is good or healty for the game that any build is soo easy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, EvilSardine.9635 said:

It's completely braindead in WvW as well.

I'm seeing players who can barely turn their character or play the game and are basically AFK almost beating other players because of the mech. It's completely absurd.

Lowest skill profession in the game by an absurd degree.

This should have been hot fixed like a week after they made this absurd changes but yet anet just dont care about the game balance

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 6/30/2022 at 3:22 PM, Arolandis.8360 said:

How about asking for buffs to other classes instead of asking for even more fun-sucking nerfs.

Now that AFK mech does 28k dps...yes every class should be able to afk and do 28k dps that would make for a great action combat MMO.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/12/2022 at 12:42 PM, EvilSardine.9635 said:

I'm seeing players who can barely turn their character or play the game and are basically AFK almost beating other players because of the mech. It's completely absurd.

people don't know the limit of lie.. Lol.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2022 at 11:42 AM, EvilSardine.9635 said:

You could say the same about Sic Em Soulbeast, Cele Harb, SA Deadeye, Cele cata, perma projectile blocking tempests, immortal shoutsworn, dodge food mirage, unkitable willbenders, gank heralds, . WvW roaming is the wild west, anything goes, and every class is broken in its own unique way. 

Mech has so many exploitable weaknesses it's tame by comparison. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 4

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to see these claims Mech is destroying the game in open world, because i'm really not seeing that many mechs out there. Sure they are very visible because they are bright green and big, but if you count them in event zergs theres usually just few of them around. People seem to be playing all the classes at the moment in open world what i can see.

No clue about raids, etc, because i'm not playing that content. But in open world, these claims are exaggerated like crazy.

They just need to make mechs smaller and customizable with dyes and skins and its fine.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

40 minutes ago, McWelp.1723 said:

Interesting to see these claims Mech is destroying the game in open world, because i'm really not seeing that many mechs out there. Sure they are very visible because they are bright green and big, but if you count them in event zergs theres usually just few of them around. People seem to be playing all the classes at the moment in open world what i can see.

No clue about raids, etc, because i'm not playing that content. But in open world, these claims are exaggerated like crazy.

They just need to make mechs smaller and customizable with dyes and skins and its fine.

https://i.redd.it/xrkswwlzlym91.png

bruh

Edited by Samug.6512
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, Wolfshade.9251 said:

And I hate seeing my favourite raiding class reduced to the complexity of an afk farming build. Back in the day engineer actually required skill to play and that's what made me love it in the first place.

If that's what you want, you can still play it that way. There are still builds that require skill to play on engi. People need to stop pretending that they are pre-destined to play mech and somehow that is as a reason to change it ... because that's obviously not real. Use your choices. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

If that's what you want, you can still play it that way. There are still builds that require skill to play on engi. People need to stop pretending that they are pre-destined to play mech and somehow that is as a reason to change it ... because that's obviously not real. Use your choices. 

Not taking into consideration other players bias towards any specs outside of "meta specs" it's super frustrating and fun killing to want to play a spec that you like the complexity of and constantly be questioned about the possible effectiveness of your choices given the overwhelming crushing preponderance a brain dead but effective spec that players know is going to be decent as it actually takes 1 button to play. 

In a perfect world with a perfect world everyone would let actions spec louder than stigma but that's not reality most players just want the safe route they know is going to provide the highest chance of just getting content done and right now that is power rifle mech smothering any build diversity. 

• Like 3