Seems like the DE Meta problem is fixed now.

tried twice last night and failed both with about 5-6% remaining.

Both fairly well organised to a typical meta standard. 

I think a big contributor to our failure was taking too long on the champs. People didn't split evenly and dps seemed very low.  

In fact having arcdps up I could see dps in general was pretty low from a lot of people.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Meridian.4983 said:

I’ve tried this meta 4 times, twice before the update and twice after. The pug group before the fix got to about 25%, the organized group about 15%. After the fix, (1 pug, 1 organized) each got to about 20%. All with high readiness. 
It would seem some balancing still needs to happen, and probably little bug fixes to be sure the mechanics are working.

I really want to get the siege turtle but I feel like I’m wasting time in this meta and map. 

Play the meta to get the writs and buy the siege turtle egg. That's what I did, once I finish maxing out some masteries I will never come back to DE map.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WeightTrainer.3219 said:

Play the meta to get the writs and buy the siege turtle egg. That's what I did, once I finish maxing out some masteries I will never come back to DE map.

That is what I do, I can get it by the end of the week I guess. And if you do the meta only for the writs you can skip the last fight.

• Like 3

I don't think the meta is fixed, it still fails all the time. I tried to join a LFG squad, but I was kicked before the event even started ... apparently because I played with the wrong class/build. The event is actually quite fun in my opinion, but there needs to be more time so that everyone can do it.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, TeeracK.3601 said:

Dumb posts like this hurt the game so much in the long run. 

having a meta people cant complete hurts the game more

personally i was quite frustrated and couldnt enjoy other content, until i did the meta in week 2, after about 10 tries.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Rose Solane.1027 said:

I have done the meta a few times with a LFG squad since the change and it failed at 20% every time. So I am really curious how others have succeeded every time with LFG squads. For me the meta problem is still the same.

To answer my own question: Join a good squad early in the preparation phase. I joined a squad that asked for ale/hfb just after the reset at 13:00 CET (12:00 UTC). Not that I have a Firebrand or can do Alacrity but I hoped that by joining a more "elite" squad I had a better change. And I did. This commander knew what they were doing. And the squad was good. We killed the dragon with several minutes (more than one) to spare. You could call it easy. Was this my best attempt? To be honest it wasn't. Do I like this event more or do I think it is in a fine state at the moment? No. The only reason I got a kill was the "elite" squad.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Rose Solane.1027 said:

To answer my own question: Join a good squad early in the preparation phase. I joined a squad that asked for ale/hfb just after the reset at 13:00 CET (12:00 UTC). Not that I have a Firebrand or can do Alacrity but I hoped that by joining a more "elite" squad I had a better change. And I did. This commander knew what they were doing. And the squad was good. We killed the dragon with several minutes (more than one) to spare. You could call it easy. Was this my best attempt? To be honest it wasn't. Do I like this event more or do I think it is in a fine state at the moment? No. The only reason I got a kill was the "elite" squad.

this

DE has created a culture where the "above average" will try to join prep 2 hrs in advance (my personal experience is about 80% success rate)

leaving a lower skilled population for the 1hr before meta groups (success rate is about 0%, last week + today 4 runs all fail at 10-20%)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

At this point, my turtle is hatched and fully grown, so I am only running DE maps as a fast way to get the exp needed to max out the turtle masteries. Three times in the last three days I've run with a rando pug, having little to no organization. I've seen Jade Maw fail 4 times and the last battle fail each of those 3 times. The first time, the pug never made it past the crystal phase. The second and third times, the pugs made it to the last battle but lost with Soo-Won at 30%/40% health. It doesn't seem to me like the DE meta problem has been fixed at all for casual players.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, Niteraven.1372 said:

Hold on now!!! Its a GREAT map... for fishing and farming jadeite!! 🤣

This is exactly what I've been doing in DE. I parked an alt there just to farm some jade everyday. Not gonna do that meta until normal pug squad can do it with more than 50% win rate.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Niteraven.1372 said:

Hold on now!!! Its a GREAT map... for fishing and farming jadeite!! 🤣

For fishing yes... but they nerfed how much jade you can farm now... just another slap in the face when Jade nodes just disappear cause you hit the daily limit.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Got about 10 wins so far since the start of EoD. A good sign of an organized group is one already divided into subgroups to fill out with alacrity and quickness.

Have the commander not even moved himself into a second group to easier shift to his map? Yeah no, that one is a hard pass.

Edited by LucianDK.8615
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Got about 10 wins so far since the start of EoD. A good sign of an organized group is one already divided into subgroups to fill out with alacrity and quickness.

Have the commander not even moved himself into a second group to easier shift to his map? Yeah no, that one is a hard pass.

I'd also add, any LFG groups that are wanting KP can go F themselves...ignore those groups and find another. 

You know a good group when you see it, and really the coordination being required here is a bit overstated, as is the complaints about the time involved to clear it.

This isn't the only meta that can take a while, the dragonsfall meta wasn't exactly fast, nor is one in the new charr zone (name escapes me at the moment)  you don't even really need to spend the first hour doing Meta prep, just go clear 10 events in that entire hour to get your 10 stacks (it's a 20% damage buff, you need it!) then collect batteries and get the jade offensive and defense buffs that are all over the map until you have a buff that will cover the remaining time left. (more damage and defense) then do whatever the kitten you want for the remaining time (Last run i was on i spend 40 minutes fishing) until the final meta run starts (last hour) 

Be willing to join Discord if the group asks for it...seriously the groups that use voice chat and people join it usually do a lot better.   

The group i run with does not form up in arborstone.....does not require Kill proof, or anything like that and is willing to take anyone that happens to be on the map that wants to clear the meta.  we do ask for people to join discord but don't require it (i can think of one time someone got really upset at being asked to join discord, usually people are happy to do so)   We run 1 tag, explain the fights in voice and expect people to split on their own with little direction on the sub boss parts.  Granted at least 70% of the group is guild members most nights but we usually never have an issue clearing the boss with our best remaining time of almost 7 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Peterson.5172 said:

this

DE has created a culture where the "above average" will try to join prep 2 hrs in advance (my personal experience is about 80% success rate)

leaving a lower skilled population for the 1hr before meta groups (success rate is about 0%, last week + today 4 runs all fail at 10-20%)

it's not just above average, it's the more well informed.

that first hour gives you a chance to get a pair of buffs that greatly increase your chase of clearing the boss

Clear 10 events in that hour to get your 10 stacks of a buff (it's a 20% damage buff) and the ability to open 10 extra chests at the end (center row of chests)  then collect batteries and get the jade offensive and defense buffs that are all over the map until you have a buff that will cover the remaining time left. (more damage and defense) 

If during that hour you get the readiness of the 3 sub areas of the zone (north, middle, south) you get an extra 5% damage increase.

That alone is usually why last minute groups that only start with the last hour.  fail, they are missing like 30% in damage buffs and some defense buffs.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BloodRavenz.6084 said:

they are missing like 30% in damage buffs and some defense buffs.

Valid points all of them.

I would say it is still broken or at least NOT up to "Open World" game mode standards, PreEoD. That can be changed.

Change the way the Deff. & Off. stations work. My little Jade bot should automatically apply those boosts when charging from a battery.  Walk up to a battery take a charge give you 2 battery charges and apply 1 stack each of the boons. Take a zip line bam! 4 charges 4 stacks of boons ready for meta! Now drop the meta 2 hour issue and reduce it to other PreEoD meta standards and bam! back in business.

Or does this mean all PreEoD metas will be made as time consuming and challenging as EoD DE meta?
"We will continue to make game-mode-specific balance adjustments as needed."

I guess we will get our first taste o what that means in April with the LWS1 EP1 Strike Missions. If small group and PUG's will be able to complete them or not?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Seth Moonshadow.2710 said:

Valid points all of them.

I would say it is still broken or at least NOT up to "Open World" game mode standards, PreEoD. That can be changed.

Change the way the Deff. & Off. stations work. My little Jade bot should automatically apply those boosts when charging from a battery.  Walk up to a battery take a charge give you 2 battery charges and apply 1 stack each of the boons. Take a zip line bam! 4 charges 4 stacks of boons ready for meta! Now drop the meta 2 hour issue and reduce it to other PreEoD meta standards and bam! back in business.

Or does this mean all PreEoD metas will be made as time consuming and challenging as EoD DE meta?
"We will continue to make game-mode-specific balance adjustments as needed."

I guess we will get our first taste o what that means in April with the LWS1 EP1 Strike Missions. If small group and PUG's will be able to complete them or not?

are you......wait, your taking issue with the time needed to get the def and off buff from stations?  Really....i mean.....seriously?

I don't even usually bother with those until we are in the last hour and can EASILY get an hours of each buff while going through the center and east / west lanes to work up to the final battle.  There are batteries and buff stations all over the place along the way.

this step / part should bet he last thing anyone complains about as it already takes no effort to complete.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Peterson.5172 said:

this

I got the advice from two guild mates to do it this way and the first time I tried it worked. I don't like it, but it got me the egg. Funny thing is I didn't even opened any extra rewards chest. I was in a whirlpool when the dragon died and didn't really cared about extra rewards. I wanted a successful run for the egg and a few achievements. Oh, and thanks for the compliment of being an "above average" player. I would like to think I am, but I was definitely below average in this squad.

• Like 2

I’m waiting to see if it gets tuned further in the update next week. I simply do not have 2 hours to waste on nothing because I got into the wrong group/instance even though I did all the things I could do to give myself and the rest of my map the best chance at success.  I tried maybe 5 times before and 3-4 after the last update, best attempt about 5%.  I feel for those who have many failed attempts. How bad does it feel to have wasted dozens of hours for nothing.   

I guess the part that bothers me most is this is actually a pretty well designed fight if you ignore how time consuming and poorly tuned/buggy it has been since launch.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2022 at 4:40 AM, Peterson.5172 said:

having a meta people cant complete hurts the game more

personally i was quite frustrated and couldnt enjoy other content, until i did the meta in week 2, after about 10 tries.

Not sure why you're quoting me to echo the sentiment I just posted as if I said the opposite.

On 3/22/2022 at 11:29 AM, Chichimec.9364 said:

It doesn't seem to me like the DE meta problem has been fixed at all for casual players.

I still haven't even seen the last fight. In the last two days I've spent ~6 hours in the zone, and the furthest I've ever seen the meta get was this afternoon; we failed when Aurene flies off to go help Logan. I'm not actually even sure why we failed, but it was practically instant once that phase started. I think the worst part of that one is that despite fighting our butts off, I'm not sure people even knew why we failed it. 

So, I've done it 4 (?) times now, and have never even seen the last fight in the meta. Echovald is maybe 50/50 if you get enough people to even do the end of it there but at least I've seen success 3 of the 5 times I've actually done the boss fight. Kaineng City almost always fails on the first phase when the north reactor gets overwhelmed in my experience, which is probably just lack of people, and Seitung I've finished once and every other time I've played it we didn't have enough people to even make a real attempt at the meta there.     

Judging by zone chat, every one of these metas people seem to expect to fail before they've even really started. It's not even just Dragon's End, that's just the one everyone seems to talk about. I'm not sure I'd keep trying if I wasn't just looking for the xp to finish up my masteries, and I suspect that other people who already have maxed them have moved on and compounded the issue. So far my experience with Cantha is that everything fails more often than not, where it's Metas, or Leviathan, or any event that can't be really done effectively solo. It's impossible not to be extremely frustrated by it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, tclark.8956 said:

I still haven't even seen the last fight. In the last two days I've spent ~6 hours in the zone, and the furthest I've ever seen the meta get was this afternoon; we failed when Aurene flies off to go help Logan. I'm not actually even sure why we failed, but it was practically instant once that phase started. I think the worst part of that one is that despite fighting our butts off, I'm not sure people even knew why we failed it. 

So, I've done it 4 (?) times now, and have never even seen the last fight in the meta. Echovald is maybe 50/50 if you get enough people to even do the end of it there but at least I've seen success 3 of the 5 times I've actually done the boss fight. Kaineng City almost always fails on the first phase when the north reactor gets overwhelmed in my experience, which is probably just lack of people, and Seitung I've finished once and every other time I've played it we didn't have enough people to even make a real attempt at the meta there.     

Judging by zone chat, every one of these metas people seem to expect to fail before they've even really started. It's not even just Dragon's End, that's just the one everyone seems to talk about. I'm not sure I'd keep trying if I wasn't just looking for the xp to finish up my masteries, and I suspect that other people who already have maxed them have moved on and compounded the issue. So far my experience with Cantha is that everything fails more often than not, where it's Metas, or Leviathan, or any event that can't be really done effectively solo. It's impossible not to be extremely frustrated by it.

Sounds like you ended up on bad maps with no commander taking charge. Have had a couple runs the last few days and even today with no fails. It helps camping the groupfinder for Dragons End. Seeing an organized group appear, jump at it instantly. They fill up in seconds.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1