Spellbreaker is obsolete, why even bother

Yerlock.4678

For wvw its actually one of the roamers that can deal with boon spam relying specs (sort of, if they have high stab uptime its an issue also for spb).

For spvp.... yeah. The only thing going for it is if you like war gameplay. And I do like 1v1 mirror on a sidenode.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Infinity.2876 said:

Dying is more fun when the enemy is stunned

Also you get to annoy people isn't that all you need in life

You've got it figured out.

This is what Spellbreaker was made for, and in CMC's 0 damage slogfest that is a very important role to be filled.

What's really funny is all the people thinking Bladesworn does it better.

Bladesworn has damage for ants, worse sustain than Spellbreaker in most cases, and at most half the CC tools Spellbreaker has.

Did I mention that Spellbreaker also doesn't have to root itself to the floor when it wants to do something?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Infinity.2876 said:

Also you get to annoy people isn't that all you need in life

Bulls eye. For the almost 10 years I've been playing this game, I've appreciated that annoying and enraging toxic ppl with weird builds, kiting, not dying, being chased, is far more enjoyable than the dopamine rush of winning. I play for entertainment and sometimes, it gets hard to breathe from the hilarity of the comments I get in-game. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

This is what Spellbreaker was made for, and in CMC's 0 damage slogfest that is a very important role to be filled.

Bladesworn has damage for ants, worse sustain than Spellbreaker in most cases, and at most half the CC tools Spellbreaker has.

Did I mention that Spellbreaker also doesn't have to root itself to the floor when it wants to do something?

Bladesworn sustain is better than spellbreaker if you bring a shield. The shouts are too good on bladesworn and you can take 3 of them. Bladesworn has in fact revealed how good shouts are and a possible nerf may be coming. I wish they target bladesworn though, not shouts, so it doesn't nerf core warrior.

Bladesworn is best warrior spvp spec by a mile, which is ironic given how everyone were thinking it's gonna be bad.

Edited by Nezekan.2671
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

Bladesworn sustain is better than spellbreaker if you bring a shield. The shouts are too good on bladesworn and you can take 3 of them. Bladesworn has in fact revealed how good shouts are and a possible nerf may be coming. I wish they target bladesworn though, not shouts, so it doesn't nerf core warrior.

Bladesworn is best warrior spvp spec by a mile, which is ironic given how everyone were thinking it's gonna be bad.

The video of who was it naru? maybe someone else? saw pvp and bladesworn insta 5-6k and you can do possibly bigger plus it has good mobility where you use the charge up of dragontrigger to catch up to people from afar teleport and gank them.

16 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Bladesworn is miles better then spb, you can see the drastic difference in impact watching boyce's SPB vs Bladesworn. I use him as a reference because he's actually good with bladesworn and warrior in general, although it doesn't really take THAT MUCH to be impacting with it. It's a spammy spec, but still fun - and it's way better than SPB.

Edited by Tanbin.2436

1 hour ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

Here is the video Tanbin is talking about. I actually think warrior has not been this good in a long time. Bladesworn is worth getting into in spvp.

BS-> Less Utility and QoL for Shoutspam (meaning less skillbased and synergy), 1 and only 1 CC ability on the kit, stuck on the the sticksaber. It's half cooked. Also Sb counters it in duels even though it takes an eternity to fight cuz of all the sustain. Full Counter negates its Dragon Slash. 

It's just boring, and lazily designed. At the very very least it needs more QoL

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, gmmg.9210 said:

BS-> Less Utility and QoL for Shoutspam (meaning less skillbased and synergy), 1 and only 1 CC ability on the kit, stuck on the the sticksaber. It's half cooked. Also Sb counters it in duels even though it takes an eternity to fight cuz of all the sustain. Full Counter negates its Dragon Slash. 

It's just boring, and lazily designed. At the very very least it needs more QoL

It's a fair tradeoff though, less cc for more cleanse. It's really hard to kill Bladesworn with cc or condition damage.

Also dragonslash and full counter counter each other. It grants bladesworn stability and it itself is unblockable. As you can see in video, spellbreaker does not have the damage to kill bladesworn or the cc to keep it down, and bladeworn can do more in team fights.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

It's a fair tradeoff though, less cc for more cleanse. It's really hard to kill Bladesworn with cc or condition damage.

Also dragonslash and full counter counter each other. It grants bladesworn stability and it itself is unblockable. As you can see in video, spellbreaker does not have the damage to kill bladesworn or the cc to keep it down, and bladeworn can do more in team fights.

BS is still bad with a OP bunker build, or bunker builds are now 'good' for the game. BS is a clunk fest and now people are falling for the kitten with it being busted in one area like it was for the PVE damage. It is really weird to me that people would consider BS shout build good while healbreaker did the same but on a lesser extent(it couldn't sidenode much)  was deemed OP and Arenanet decided it is not good for the game and nerfed it. 

I personally would not enjoy the nerfs on core warrior because of the mechanical mess that is Bladesworn. It is always the same OP warrior build->nerfs-> ou the elite is actually mechanically inferior compared to every other profession shelved till the next expansion for the new elite spec repeat.  

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

BS is still bad with a OP bunker build, or bunker builds are now 'good' for the game. BS is a clunk fest and now people are falling for the kitten with it being busted in one area like it was for the PVE damage. It is really weird to me that people would consider BS shout build good while healbreaker did the same but on a lesser extent(it couldn't sidenode much)  was deemed OP and Arenanet decided it is not good for the game and nerfed it. 

I personally would not enjoy the nerfs on core warrior because of the mechanical mess that is Bladesworn. It is always the same OP warrior build->nerfs-> ou the elite is actually mechanically inferior compared to every other profession shelved till the next expansion for the new elite spec repeat.  

I mean that is what I said as well. I hope if a nerf is coming, it targets Bladesworn instead of core warrior.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

I think Bladesworn is definitely fun and decent enough, but as a Warrior main i'm honestly good with Spellbreaker.

Those shouts that are 'too good' on Bladesworn i've never been able to get far above 1k base healing, which to me personally is not that good. That's enough health to maybe eat a few auto attacks.

8 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

The video of who was it naru? maybe someone else? saw pvp and bladesworn insta 5-6k and you can do possibly bigger plus it has good mobility where you use the charge up of dragontrigger to catch up to people from afar teleport and gank them.

That's another reason I don't really care for it. You sound absolutely right here. 5-6k sounds like how much damage Bladesworn is going to peak at, but 5-6k damage isn't all that jaw-dropping, especially when the setup is sitting absolutely still.

Some of the classes in this game can have more than 22k HP. 5-6k just isn't going to cut it, i'm afraid.

Heck, with a  level 1 arcing slice and some of Spellbreaker's damage multipliers active I can hit 5-6k with that skill too. In a fraction of the time, and without melting to torment.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

I think Bladesworn is definitely fun and decent enough, but as a Warrior main i'm honestly good with Spellbreaker.

Those shouts that are 'too good' on Bladesworn i've never been able to get far above 1k base healing, which to me personally is not that good. That's enough health to maybe eat a few auto attacks.

That's another reason I don't really care for it. You sound absolutely right here. 5-6k sounds like how much damage Bladesworn is going to peak at, but 5-6k damage isn't all that jaw-dropping, especially when the setup is sitting absolutely still.

Some of the classes in this game can have more than 22k HP. 5-6k just isn't going to cut it, i'm afraid.

Heck, with a  level 1 arcing slice and some of Spellbreaker's damage multipliers active I can hit 5-6k with that skill too. In a fraction of the time, and without melting to torment.

I dunno man that build seemed to be able to do more than that too at moments like 10+k dmg charge i forget the exact amount. Don't get me wrong it has issues and all, but its practically a instance charge 5-6k dmg from dragontrigger which if timed well can down peeps.

13 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

I dunno man that build seemed to be able to do more than that too at moments like 10+k dmg charge i forget the exact amount. Don't get me wrong it has issues and all, but its practically a instance charge 5-6k dmg from dragontrigger which if timed well can down peeps.

Like I said, Bladesworn isn't bad, but i'ma pass on it for now outside PvE.

Spellbreaker definitely isn't obsolete, that's all I meant to say. I think it's actually a lot better than Bladesworn in most places, everyone is just distracted by Bladesworn because its shiny and new. It will probably be months before anyone actually seriously considers this.

On 3/28/2022 at 6:46 PM, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

What you keep leaving out is that there's only 2 ways of dealing with Dragon stance; weakness and dodging, and the former isn't a guarantee. It's a mixup that baits dodges because it's a guess at close ranges.

It might be a stationary setup, but this isn't a kneeling DE, it has Aegis and a ton of stability, so you aren't going to bully them out of stance without risking them just attacking you through it. 

Everyone knows how to deal with Arcing Slice; it's super telegraphed and easily dodged, blocked, blinded or just walked away from if it's near max range. BS has quite possibly the MOST optimal trait to deal with that by making it effectively a dodge or die mixup that's a guess.

4 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

What you keep leaving out is that there's only 2 ways of dealing with Dragon stance; weakness and dodging, and the former isn't a guarantee. It's a mixup that baits dodges because it's a guess at close ranges.

It might be a stationary setup, but this isn't a kneeling DE, it has Aegis and a ton of stability, so you aren't going to bully them out of stance without risking them just attacking you through it. 

Everyone knows how to deal with Arcing Slice; it's super telegraphed and easily dodged, blocked, blinded or just walked away from if it's near max range. BS has quite possibly the MOST optimal trait to deal with that by making it effectively a dodge or die mixup that's a guess.

In my experience up until this point Dragon trigger is usually far from a dodge or die skill. At max its going to do like 9k damage on most players.

On their own, a fully 10/10 charged Dragon Trigger does about 2k less damage than Dragonhunter Longbow 2 with zerker stats(~40% less damage to be more exact). 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon_Slash—Force

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/True_Shot

Heck, I looked it up and sure enough even level 1 arcing slice has a higher base power coefficient than a maximum charge DT.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arcing_Slice 🤡🎺

And every Bladesworn I play with or against usually doesn't even try to build any more charge than they need which usually leads to the skill itself dealing somewhere in the 3-6k damage range because the power coefficient scaling is; imo, scuffed. Way too low in general and inconsistent based on charge level.

The stability isn't all that hard to deal with either being honest, and if you pressure the Bladesworn they'll probably get scared and pop it off at low charge anyway.