Rip warrior

LordHT.8297

The other day I watched for over an hour as an enemy zerg got stuck in my keep. They couldnt take the keep, but in turn we couldnt actually kill them even though we were battering on them for all of that time, with arrow carts and everything else. They ported people in from time to time, but the upshot was we just couldnt break through the boons.

Arrow carts may as well not exist and WvW is just ending up as pirate ship meta again, with blobs uselessly slapping eachother. Yet, despite all of this, they make a change to protect boons and make all this even worse - i just dont understand it.

Edited by chronometria.3708
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Legend of Rogue.5394 said:

For winds yes but the nerfs on some of the boon classes weakens it making condi classes, boon ripping and conditions more potent

Yeah I understand a lot changed as a whole. I think the OP was really focusing more on warrior here than the entire meta.  The meta has definitely been impacted, but warrior specifically lost a lot. Thus the title RIP warrior

Edited by knite.1542
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Ruru.1302 said:

why would anyone roll warrior anymore just take another scourge/scrapper for dps or support lol

I thought people stopped using bubble warriors years ago anyway. Its like... 1... maybe 2... in zergs. It was replaced by permabubbling scrappers.

• Confused 5

33 minutes ago, Legend of Rogue.5394 said:

It makes condi classes even more potent..... 

"Even more"?????

You mean, has potential to make any kind of impact at all? Because, before this, and probably still, it was essentially pointless to play Condi large scale.
What are you doing that makes you think Condi is impactful in zergs? Picking flowers in the middle of red circles?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

LMAO so kitten clueless.

Absolutely no reason to nerf warrior bubble again.

Trying to push warriors into a support role(banner updates still incoming) when you already have support firebrand, scrapper, tempest, druid, all already competing for those spots with only two are ever needed, two bringing less to the table, and one so dead it's not worth mentioning, is beyond idiotic.

People complain about boon balls, but you yet again answer by nerfing the boon stripping capabilities, thanks again "guilds".

• Like 12
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

LMAO so kitten clueless.

Absolutely no reason to nerf warrior bubble again.

Trying to push warriors into a support role(banner updates still incoming) when you already have support firebrand, scrapper, tempest, druid, all already competing for those spots with only two are ever needed, two bringing less to the table, and one so dead it's not worth mentioning, is beyond idiotic.

People complain about boon balls, but you yet again answer by nerfing the boon stripping capabilities, thanks again "guilds".

To be honest the only person who asked for this kind of bubble change was Teapot in his stream.
As already said, spellbreaker was already in a bad spot and being underused in most groups, and now it's really dead 
and i can't understand why since boon blobs are wvw's biggest problem currently and it became much worse with the big voltron alliances all running together 

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, chronometria.3708 said:

The other day I watched for over an hour as an enemy zerg got stuck in my keep. They couldnt take the keep, but in turn we couldnt actually kill them even though we were battering on them for all of that time, with arrow carts and everything else. They ported people in from time to time, but the upshot was we just couldnt break through the boons.

Arrow carts may as well not exist and WvW is just ending up as pirate ship meta again, with blobs uselessly slapping eachother. Yet, despite all of this, they make a change to protect boons and make all this even worse - i just dont understand it.

that wasn't boons, ppl just lack sheer damage. as in, not capable of killing it. in that case, a random bubble would have had no use. if u cannot beat people who farm your farm your keep, a random bubble without damage was never really helpful.

bubbles were only decisive on high level largsecale and gvg sized competitive combat (so 15v15 and higher)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

that wasn't boons, ppl just lack sheer damage. as in, not capable of killing it. in that case, a random bubble would have had no use. if u cannot beat people who farm your farm your keep, a random bubble without damage was never really helpful.

bubbles were only decisive on high level largsecale and gvg sized competitive combat (so 15v15 and higher)

seems like anet was cladenstine on monitoring the bubble tho! Such a great balance team, looking at problematic features and giving us solutions to those nasty skills!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2