Warrior WvW Balance in a Nutshell.

DanAlcedo.3281

eh I don't mind if they completely remove boon reduction and even strip ability and give me a toggle skill like ventari revs have. something that uses the adrenaline instead of a cooldown. I find projectile blocking more useful than boon game. in fact, if you're lucky enough to have 3-4 traited spellbreakers in your group they can strip enemy boons like peeling bananas without wod. 

1 hour ago, artharon.9276 said:

eh I don't mind if they completely remove boon reduction and even strip ability and give me a toggle skill like ventari revs have. something that uses the adrenaline instead of a cooldown. I find projectile blocking more useful than boon game. in fact, if you're lucky enough to have 3-4 traited spellbreakers in your group they can strip enemy boons like peeling bananas without wod. 

I agree, I love the Ventari shield, there is nothing more satifying than blocking tons of projectiles for allies 😛

EDIT :

But for me Warrior is the embodiment of war (duh...) it should be able to not heal people, but makes them "motivated" fighting spirit, moral and such. 

I can imagine a thing about adrenaline bar being always full and drop over time, wich reprensent morale. you can consume morale to give a unique buff to a zone, the more you consume moral, the more important the bonus get. 

the thing with support is that its very limited to a few thing : heal, boon or protect. all those forms are nicely performed by other classes.

How can you uniquely define a warrior that support his troups and soldier

Edited by Mithrilos.8036

13 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Dunno why but some seemed to suggest some ideas are coming from some collective of gvg american players? No source, 0 credibility, just heard it a couple of times in discords.

If you look around, you'll find a Google doc from a certain guild which listed "remove boon denial from WoD" under every single profession's suggested balance. Devs play with and talk with these individuals. Just sayin - the boy has influence.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

They took away the ONE thing that warrior brought to the zerg. It was their unique skill.

It was what made Spellbreaker SPELL BREAKER. 

And it's not like dropping winds was always effective. The enemy scatters like cockroaches when they see a bad bubble. But it was the only thing warrior did.
I am honestly saddened. I don't know what class to play now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I just reverted my only surviving warrior, out the 4 I had, back to core.

I was feeling so disgusted with my berserker that I took him to Bloodstone Fen and dropped his behind on the deepest chasm over 20 times before he became a reaper.

The other one was dressed in pink and tittle 'Queen bee' for a week before it became a Sylvari ranger.

The last one;

I was so annoyed after a humiliating defeat with a thief on WvW that I even forgot to take the 18 slot bags, ascended trinkets, etc... straight to the furnace he went... after a 3 day absence on a rage quit.

The remaining single warrior is only there because it's the descendant from my original GW1 crew.

Otherwise it would go under the knife and become lilith the mesmer wirh purple hair and bat wings.

Don't tempt me.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203

I don't understand how people justify the interaction between shouts and Bladesworn. 

Tactical reload has to only affect weapon skills and armaments. Then you can solidly buff tactics without overpowering its self sustain and finally reworking the skilled gameplay that is Defense. Active healing for proper burst management and offensive strategies. 

• Like 2

https://gw2efficiency.com/c/Allegra Hammerclaw

My build for over 9 Years of classic warrior, with a few tweaks here and here over the year. I could clear all the story and OW content without much trouble.

Even after all the trouble and people saying that Warrior is under the ground, I still love this class to boot and wouldn't trade it against anything.

yet, its a solo warrior build, not a support one like I would like to have. Banners are nice and all but there is something lacking, I can't tell what.

23 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Tactical reload has to only affect weapon skills and armaments.

I'd rather have them replace Tactical Reload with a completely different elite slot ability.

Junksworn should have something like Binding Roots (Avatar of Melandru) or Ranger's Entangle to have a better chance at actually hitting mobile enemies with Dragon Slash.

Edited by Fueki.4753

3 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I'd rather have them replace Tactical Reload with a completely different elite slot ability.

Junksworn should have something like Binding Roots (Avatar of Melandru) or Ranger's Entangle to have a better chance at actually hitting mobile enemies with Dragon Slash.

Concussion Field. 900 range, 240 radius AoE.

Struck targets are stiped of 3 boons (same order of precedence as Bountiful Thief), are stunned for 3s, and are immobilized for 3s. 90s CD. Unblockable. Ignores the blind condition. Is a projectile.

The 90s CD and being a projectile would keep it balanced, otherwise it becomes the perfect setup for DT.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Or they can just improve Dragon Trigger so you aren't forced to use a specific elite to get the main profession mechanic to hit.

Edited by Infusion.7149

6 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

I don't understand how people justify the interaction between shouts and Bladesworn. 

Tactical reload has to only affect weapon skills and armaments. Then you can solidly buff tactics without overpowering its self sustain and finally reworking the skilled gameplay that is Defense. Active healing for proper burst management and offensive strategies. 

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Do that and buff gunsaber massively, because rn its kitten.

On 3/29/2022 at 11:44 PM, Infusion.7149 said:

Bladesworn burst damage wasn't touched which is disappointing. In addition, no fixes to dragon trigger being jumped over or whatnot. Merging PVE gunsaber cooldowns was good however.

Quite significant reduction for PvE indeed. But, does it even matter? Its not like you really bothered to use them much in the first place or?

4 hours ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

Quite significant reduction for PvE indeed. But, does it even matter? Its not like you really bothered to use them much in the first place or?

It makes bladesworn more usable against trash mobs since Dragon Trigger has a cooldown (8s) as well.

I would delete banner as classic warrior mechanic and merge into a new elite spec with revamped banner (again ...) and more interessting stuff. I don't have all the solution, but all you guys said are saddly true...

EDIT: erf I posted this in the wrong topic U_U sorry folks

Edited by Mithrilos.8036
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Mithrilos.8036 said:

I would delete banner as classic warrior mechanic and merge into a new elite spec with revamped banner (again ...) and more interessting stuff. I don't have all the solution, but all you guys said are saddly true...

And what type of utilities would you give core Warrior instead? Survival? Traps? Tricks?

I love how anet want us to play  support role. At the same time they drop a damage focused e-spec. So they Focus to stupidly buff tactics (and only tactics). 

First. What made ya think that spaming shouts for support is fun gameplay?

Second. If you want us to play support. Simply bring a support spec how like 70% of this community wants.

Third. Your stupid managed Balance warrior in support role will do nothing since all the specs are DAMAGE focused and not heal/support. All this Balance will do is delete warrior into obilivion!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

And what type of utilities would you give core Warrior instead? Survival? Traps? Tricks?

I would merge reworked banner into a specific elite spec and Survival to replace the deleted banners seems a good thing now you mention it

EDIT: somehow I love the spirit weapons that the guardians has. I would be tempted to see a warrior version of this. warriors are the embodiment of weapon mastery after all. remember Balthazar and his living weapon.

Edited by Mithrilos.8036

16 hours ago, Mithrilos.8036 said:

EDIT: erf I posted this in the wrong topic U_U sorry folks

I like this idea.

I actually suggested this before.

Banners should be placed on warrior's back, just like Samurais do.

Imstead of placing them on floor, so the AoE would be mobile around warrior.

I don't know why the devs didn't do this on the first place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mithrilos.8036 said:

I would merge reworked banner into a specific elite spec and Survival to replace the deleted banners seems a good thing now you mention it

EDIT: somehow I love the spirit weapons that the guardians has. I would be tempted to see a warrior version of this. warriors are the embodiment of weapon mastery after all. remember Balthazar and his living weapon.

This right here too.

But instead of spirit weapons, it could be fire, so it sort of matches the bow and Balthazar theme; who is the God of War and Fire.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

I love how anet want us to play  support role. At the same time they drop a damage focused e-spec. So they Focus to stupidly buff tactics (and only tactics). 

First. What made ya think that spaming shouts for support is fun gameplay?

Second. If you want us to play support. Simply bring a support spec how like 70% of this community wants.

Third. Your stupid managed Balance warrior in support role will do nothing since all the specs are DAMAGE focused and not heal/support. All this Balance will do is delete warrior into obilivion!

Right.

I always thought of Guardians being the Paragon descendants to be the support and party buff class.

Warriors are supposed to be the front line tanks and serve as a shield to spellcasters do their thing from the back.

When you go to WvW and see an unstoppable angry/hungry necro on the frontline and the warrior staying in the back, you can't help thinking that something along the way went terribly wrong for Warriors.

This is not new though.

This started way back in GW1 with the last update they did that completely obliterated warriors... 

I could no longer tank... almost anything... when previous to that, I could tank even mursaat, jade armour, and bosses included.

So I went through a stage of paragoni'ng almost everything.