Condi Meta Needs To Go

hellsqueen.3045

I haven't read the whole thread, but what I did read makes too much sense...like common logical sense that surely game developers have stumbled upon when designing damage this way. There MUST be some reason why pvp is like this. Maybe finding out what their intended direction is for damage in PvP is a good question to ask.

Also, how long has it been like this now? 2 years? Certainly this can't be the first discussion the community has had about it. Wouldn't something have been addressed by now if they were going to?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In general, condition damage is supposed to be a damage over time thing. It needs to be balanced in a way that it cannot burst, that should be left to power. Whether that be that conditions stay on a much longer amount of time so you can stack them up slowly and then the damage will then increase over time or something. I don't know but it is obvious that this is not being used as damage over time in a way that it should be.

Conditions, right now, burst faster and more reliably than any power build that's popular at the moment...or at least it seems that way.

In the time it takes to get condition bombed and cast a one second cleanse (for half the conditions, if lucky) you have ~10% hp left on a marauder amulet...then more conditions come immediately after.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:The problem is that if u die withitn 3 seconds, u call it burst.Burst is getting downed in less then 0,1 seconds....

No, the burst is when we loose practically all our health withing a second of receiving the conditions and we clear as many as we can, only to be pelted with a ton more and you wonder if there was a point to clearing in the first place because you got absolutely obliterated and not many classes have options that can clear all condis at once and the ones that do still end up struggling to survive because condi is built in the wrong way. It is too reliable at damaging up front rather than over time, as it should be. I would be fine with getting a ton of conditions over time that increase damage the longer you have them on you. Then you get punished for not clearing them. Or something, I don't know but honestly, the way it is now is really horrible.

@Chaith.8256 said:

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:Condi meta needs to go but so do endure pain, elixir s and stone signet.

Don't forget in combat stealth, evading while attacking, doing damage while invuln. :) :+1:

Quaggan thinks he meant passive procs, not actual skills. If he meant passives, Quaggan agrees, if not, Quaggan disagrees.

@Razor.6392 said:Don't let permacripple fly off the radar boys. I seriously get upwards of 15 seconds of that bs.

Quaggan remembers GW1 days, where Rangers would interrupt most of your skills and cripple Warriors for their entire life span. Fun times!

@hunkamania.7561 said:condi should just be a pve thing but i wouldn't hold my breathe if i were you. These guys could care less about pvp and wvw.

I suspect the developers are non-male, as the pvp gameplay feels very non-male to me, i.e anti-melee.

The problem with high burst condi builds in pvp is that they come with pretty decent mobility, which doesn't seem fair to me. Every condi on peeps should result in a fixed % drop in base movement speed. Then the condi spammer might need to think a little more regards 'number of' and the receivers would have the option of evading by running away (but effectively be neutralised for a short period). This would create decent - additional - dynamics in the PvP sandbox maps.

• 3 weeks later...

@lilypop.7819 said:

@hunkamania.7561 said:condi should just be a pve thing but i wouldn't hold my breathe if i were you. These guys could care less about pvp and wvw.

I suspect the developers are non-male, as the pvp gameplay feels very non-male to me, i.e anti-melee.

The problem with high burst condi builds in pvp is that they come with pretty decent mobility, which doesn't seem fair to me. Every condi on peeps should result in a fixed % drop in base movement speed. Then the condi spammer might need to think a little more regards 'number of' and the receivers would have the option of evading by running away (but effectively be neutralised for a short period). This would create decent - additional - dynamics in the PvP sandbox maps.

Did you just imply that females don't play melee and that melee is masculine?

@lilypop.7819 said:

Ummm......could you please inform me as to what legal or illegal drugs you are taking, because for you to be seemingly saying "Chicks don't use melee and men don't use ranged" you must have taken a lot of both to come to that conclusion. Who the heck said that girls only used ranged ever and men only use melee, never ranged? Like......I don't really know how to respond other that how did you come to that conclusion? I am genuinely confused and possibly worried about the state of your mind.

What i find funny, generally majority of community agrees that class balance is too powercreeped to the point where it is not fun for anyone really. Whole community makes posts and threads asking Anet to reduce powercreep (this been going for years) instead Anet continues to add more pest to game. I honestly don't understand it.

Nobody is asking to remove condis completely for example but to make them more in line with effort vs risk vs rewards because for majority of classes condi builds usually evolve around being extremely easy to play and way too rewarding thus promoting bad gameplay. Just take thief for example, condi build on this is probably most braindead thing one could think off (thankfully it is effective mostly at lower ranks). I don't even want to start on scourge, there are plenty of threads about them in pvp and wvw section.

@lilypop.7819 said:

Where did you dig out this nonsense? It is is 2017 and people still think females don't play games/play only healers? What the actual....?

@Inazuma.2795 said:

@lilypop.7819 said:

Ummm......could you please inform me as to what legal or illegal drugs you are taking, because for you to be seemingly saying "Chicks don't use melee and men don't use ranged" you must have taken a lot of both to come to that conclusion. Who the heck said that girls only used ranged ever and men only use melee, never ranged? Like......I don't really know how to respond other that how did you come to that conclusion? I am genuinely confused and possibly worried about the state of your mind.

Quaggan thinks he may be descendant of Spartans, according to them, ranged weapons were for kittens.

@Razor.6392 said:Don't let permacripple fly off the radar boys. I seriously get upwards of 15 seconds of that bs.

only if they make stability go away and actual root and stun spells work, instead of just doing nothing nearly every cast because stability/resistance uptime is 9999999%

stuns/roots and stability/resistance should of been specialty and high CD. Not super fast CD and huge uptime...

But in terms of Condi DPS, who doesn't like getting hit once or twice, enemy runs away and your burning/tormenting/poison/bleed for 23020 damage per second. Not only is it good dps and burst, but since it does DoT damage, you don't have to worry about staying on target with crap melee range, bad hitbox and lag. You just fire and forget.

@Daffan.8924 said:

only if they make stability go away and actual root and stun spells work, instead of just doing nothing nearly every cast because stability/resistance uptime is 9999999%

What is stability and resistance? I can't find those o.o

@Daffan.8924 said:But in terms of Condi DPS, who doesn't like getting hit once or twice, enemy runs away and your burning/tormenting/poison/bleed for 23020 damage per second. Not only is it good dps and burst, but since it does DoT damage, you don't have to worry about staying on target with crap melee range, bad hitbox and lag. You just fire and forget.

You do realize that you just fire and forget power damage too right? Some of these arguments against condi damage are just ridiculous. I mean what, you hit someone with a power attack and stand there to make sure he is ok with it?

And all this on how condi stacks should go back to the old way or condi mechanics should be changed, it's crazy. Why take the most complicated and unnecessary route to fixing a problem? If a power build over-performs do you demand that all power damage be nerfed or do you demand nerfs to that specific profession?

The issue is unbalanced classes and overloaded skills, not all conditions in general. Conditions are not some lowly DoT damage you can ignore in this game, get the fuck over that already. However, they should have more of a ramp up time than they currently have on some classes, such as scourge and mirage. Just fix the overloaded skills.

@Wolfric.9380 said:Well it looks like six to seven out of nine classes prefer power but you face 2-5 condi mesmer and necro´s each match XD ..... So whats out of sync here ?

You know I was wondering about that...

Where is the logic in that LMFAO.Most classes prefer power, but somehow end up with majority two of the nine classes that rely on Condi?

Archived