Have teleport and speed hacks been given the green light?

18 minutes ago, Eugchriss.2046 said:

yeah it's called EoD...

Your contribution is immeasurable.

2 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

What's up?

Are there any GMs or any security to the game?

I'm watching players just blatantly abusing this now, probably because they know Anet won't do kitten.

I'm half tempted to alt and see how far I can go with it myself.

Most companies don't ban hackers immediately. Some have good reasons, others are lazy. Letting people abuse it gives the developers a clearer image of how it's being down and lets them knock out a larger group of guilty at once.

That being said, Anet doesn't have a good track record on this issue. It feels more like incompetence than malice or laziness, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

What's up?

Are there any GMs or any security to the game?

I'm watching players just blatantly abusing this now, probably because they know Anet won't do kitten.

I'm half tempted to alt and see how far I can go with it myself.

Are you new?

1 hour ago, montecristo.1324 said:

Before willbender started to be popular and I was testing it, I was called haker in several games because I was too fast with my guardian....

There is a lot of witch hunt in this game 

Theres alot of Teleporthackers in this game. I have videos of it.... Multiple.... all from the last 3 months.... and that is just the people abusing it blatantly. Cheating is 100% a problem.

Yeah Yeah Witchhunts... maybe i just dont understand Reaper.😄 (not implying that you ever said that, i just try to be funny)

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/7/2022 at 2:57 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

Theres alot of Teleporthackers in this game. I have videos of it.... Multiple.... all from the last 3 months.... and that is just the people abusing it blatantly. Cheating is 100% a problem.

Yeah Yeah Witchhunts... maybe i just dont understand Reaper.😄 (not implying that you ever said that, i just try to be funny)

And there is a crap ton of speed hack users, so casual with it.

On 4/7/2022 at 12:42 AM, Kuma.1503 said:

Anet won't do anything until a big name content creator makes a drama out of it.  

They have for like 5 years now...

This is the best one, this person has hacked in a fan hosted major tournament live on stream, with vods, and got KICKED from the tournament for hacking. He's still playing GW2 right now.

inb4 im banned and post deleted

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 1

from my experience if you don't catch them on camera the chances are very little they get banned

the one i recorded and opened a ticket (yes, you have to open a ticket) got perma banned, but i guess he was looking for it, racist name, not trying to hide he was hacking

some try to fake a lag, but man, a necro outrunning a FA weaver is a bit obvious

ANET could care less about people cheating and how it affects other players.

Originally I quit 2015 but came back last year and I've seen things that make me want to write coming back as a mistake on my part.

(1) I was fighting a Tempest and the only attack I hit him with was the auto attack. I fought 3 different long and protracted fights and in each combat log it was the same thing. Only auto attack ever hit. I found out he was known for cheating so I sent in 2 full combat logs and the person is still playing.

(2) There was an engineer who was able to spam his entire rotation simultaneously. He hit me with "thunderclap, function gyro, grenade barrage, shrapnel grenade, and flash grenade. I was alive, and literally a moment later dead. I checked my combat log to see what hit me and I saw all that. I was experiencing zero lag.

(3) There have been a number of times where I was stealthed and threw "scorpion wire" from stealth at point blank range and the other party suddenly dodged. I would try different things just to make sure and each time they would suddenly evade an attack from stealth. 

(4) Yesterday I got into a fight with a specter from blackgate and I spent almost the entire fight in a revealed state. I've gone through the entire specter trait/skill list and I see nothing that would cause that to happen. It also looked like the avatar was continually throwing reveal traps when  I stealthed.  

My plan had been to buy gems every month like I had a subscription, but there is no way in hades I will give money to support the people who allow rampant cheating to occur.

I play only for WvW. 

I wont touch pvp anymore because of nerfs on some classes who didnt need it while allowing others to be god like.

Edited by Jitters.9401

49 minutes ago, Jitters.9401 said:

(3) There have been a number of times where I was stealthed and threw "scorpion wire" from stealth at point blank range and the other party suddenly dodged. I would try different things just to make sure and each time they would suddenly evade an attack from stealth. 

The projectile is visible, just saying. 

• Like 2

Hmm can't say I share your experience. 

I have not encountered a single hacker since EoD, sad times if you are Anet did get rid of the largest hack / bot providing company in guild wars 2, so it has to be to some scale moderated. 

The problem in a f2p game continously banning a hacker is pretty mute, because they're just gonna roll a new account, if you IP ban they will just change their IP. 

It's very hard to keep hacker out of a game, generally what puts people off hacking are things such as sub fees or high box cost for expansions, thus largely puts off people making their accounts liable for bans. 

But even the large bot developer admitted. 

WoW and FFXIV are also both infested with their software and bot programs. 

This isn't a gw2 only thing. Not by a absolute mile, it exists in every mmorpg and sadly it's the genres audience or atleast a part of that audience is to blame. 

People provide these services because of how profitable they are, generally the only way to put a end to it is either the company provide it internally creating too large of a competing option or they manage to address the situation via either a large ban wave once figured out the program, or send things like cease and deceases to them to force them to fold. 

• Thanks 1

While I won't deny the existence of them because I've seen them first hand, I've also been accused of hacking because I was using thief Shadowstep far faster than its cooldown, and the reason was the Improvisation trait in Deadly Arts. 

Sometimes people legit don't know what they're dealing with and call foul without cause. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 4/10/2022 at 3:57 PM, GewRoo.4172 said:

The projectile is visible, just saying. 

Point blank range. Not even the most Olympian human out there can dodge point blank range in a game when thrown from something invisible.

I've trained in Kung Fu for years and I have been able to block/catch a punch from someone standing in front of me because there is always some sort of motion or "tell" that kicks the muscle memory/reflexes in. There is absolutely nothing of a tell from someone who is stealthed and at point blank range.  

That is why I did it at point blank range. So I could make sure there was nothing to chance and no mistake to be made.

• Haha 2

On 4/9/2022 at 4:32 PM, Kozumi.5816 said:

They have for like 5 years now...

This is the best one, this person has hacked in a fan hosted major tournament live on stream, with vods, and got KICKED from the tournament for hacking. He's still playing GW2 right now.

inb4 im banned and post deleted

I don't know what caused the wintrade drama to get as big as it did, but sporadic videos like these won't get the job done. At least, not on their own. 

The drama needs to get big enough that it lights a metaphorical fire under Anet's behinds before they act. 

Which is the shame because the only way that happened in the past was by a certain user breaking ToS and calling out individuals directly on the forums. Repeatedly. This came at the same time as the teapot drama, and then it became the talk of the forums. Then conveniently, we get a series of bans to known wintraders. 

Anet has the means to fix this, and they've shown that they will do it. They just need a lot  of convincing. 

On 4/11/2022 at 8:33 PM, Daddy.8125 said:

Hmm can't say I share your experience. 

I have not encountered a single hacker since EoD, sad times if you are Anet did get rid of the largest hack / bot providing company in guild wars 2, so it has to be to some scale moderated. 

The problem in a f2p game continously banning a hacker is pretty mute, because they're just gonna roll a new account, if you IP ban they will just change their IP. 

It's very hard to keep hacker out of a game, generally what puts people off hacking are things such as sub fees or high box cost for expansions, thus largely puts off people making their accounts liable for bans. 

But even the large bot developer admitted. 

WoW and FFXIV are also both infested with their software and bot programs. 

This isn't a gw2 only thing. Not by a absolute mile, it exists in every mmorpg and sadly it's the genres audience or atleast a part of that audience is to blame. 

People provide these services because of how profitable they are, generally the only way to put a end to it is either the company provide it internally creating too large of a competing option or they manage to address the situation via either a large ban wave once figured out the program, or send things like cease and deceases to them to force them to fold. 

Did Anet have anything to do with the bot ring shutting down? I thought they just happened to be beneficiaries of it.

I wish they'd make one of those PVE-like infographics that demonstrates what they've accomplished. I can't believe it's nothing, so if it's 5477 players banned for verbal abuse, tout it.

Edited by VyPR.3412

57 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

100% agree if your player base is as large as something like League Of Legends.

However, when your player base is only as large as a high school's population, it shouldn't be hard to keep cheating under control.

people like to Underestimate the Quantity of players who play the game they also like to believe they arent getting banned at all.

They can Spam ban Singular players using bots, however it generally is pointless to tackle bots in such a fashion. finding the code and building against it generally works out better.

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, VyPR.3412 said:

Did Anet have anything to do with the bot ring shutting down? I thought they just happened to be beneficiaries of it.

I wish they'd make one of those PVE-like infographics that demonstrates what they've accomplished. I can't believe it's nothing, so if it's 5477 players banned for verbal abuse, tout it.

Its heavily suspected to.

Anet arent gonna Announce it as they dont want to taunt the situation nor do they want stuff to fly out alike this, and the bot developers said what they said because if they post "if u send us a Cease and Desist we'll stop" they effectively are gonna hand over the answer to chase them out all games.

i think a large problem is realistically. they dont give alot out in regards to Reports that are acted on. or when a Player report has been successful. so we just assume nothings being done. Anet have always Sucked at making themselves look good realistically

The GW2 Population has Doubled and Suddenly while profitting during PoF they no longer profit from it?.. their reasoning realistically doesnt make alot of sense. but it means now we have  abit of a War on our handss. the first group of people who develope a Successful bot engine that can last effectively stands to gain massively currently with the top dog pushed off the scene.

and it takes time for Anet to establish who exactly are providing the bots, where they are etc etc to organise things like Cease and Desists.

On 4/10/2022 at 11:04 PM, Jitters.9401 said:

(4) Yesterday I got into a fight with a specter from blackgate and I spent almost the entire fight in a revealed state. I've gone through the entire specter trait/skill list and I see nothing that would cause that to happen. It also looked like the avatar was continually throwing reveal traps when  I stealthed.  

You were just near a sentry or a perma reveal upgraded tower/keep.

There aren't such cheats who allow the player to bypass the skill system like doing 10000000 damage or dodging 20 time or even one more than the allowed once.

The only cheats in this game are teleports, speedhacks and macros that uses all instacast skills to make them being used at the same time.

If you recorded this would be fine to see, if not, you just got in the rush of the fight and didn't notice the environment around you.