Just let us buy more shared inventory slots

I agree 28 are plenty and enough, but more wouldn't hurt, in case people wondering what are they being used for:

• -All LWS portal tomes.
  • -Lounge passes.
  • -Infinite salvage kits.
  • -Fractal Omnipotion.
  • -Utility/situational items (white mantle portal, position rewinder).
  • -A set of Infinite gathering tools.
  • -Blue, green yellow unidentified gear (so it piles up in one slot regardless of the alt youre on, also being in shared inventory slot prevenets them from being affected by salvage all option).
  • -Food and utility (at least power and condi for all alts to use).

I don't have permanent bank access so some of these would end up being trivial if I had it.

Edited by Wolfb.7025
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Wolfb.7025 said:

I agree 28 are plenty and enough, but more wouldn't hurt, in case people wondering what are they being used for:

• -All LWS portal tomes.
  • -Lounge passes.
  • -Infinite salvage kits.
  • -Fractal Omnipotion.
  • -Utility/situational items (white mantle portal, position rewinder).
  • -A set of Infinite gathering tools.
  • -Blue, green yellow unidentified gear (so it piles up in one slot regardless of the alt youre on, also being in shared inventory slot prevenets them from being affected by salvage all option).
  • -Food and utility (at least power and condi for all alts to use).

I don't have permanent bank access so some of these would end up being trivial if I had it.

LWS portal tomes - 2

Lounge Pass - 1 (you really only need one)

Infinite salvage kit - 1

Fractal Omnipotion - 1

Position rewinder, white mantle portal, other misc - 4 maybe?

Gathering tools - 3

Unid Gear - 3

Food/utility - 2

Add that up.  17 slots.  Even if 17 aren't enough, that is a far cry from the current maximum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

LWS portal tomes - 2

Infinite salvage kit - 1

Fractal Omnipotion - 1

Gathering tools - 3

Unid Gear - 3

Food/utility - 2

Add that up.  17 slots.  Even if 17 aren't enough, that is a far cry from the current maximum.

• LWS portal tomes - 4 (LWS3 + LWS4 + IBS + Arborstone)
  • Lounge Pass - 3 (Mistlock sanctuary + Armistice Bastion + Lily of the Elon)
  • Infinite salvage kit - 3 (Copper + Silver + Runestone Salvage O-Matic)
  • Fractal Omnipotion - 1
  • Position rewinder, white mantle portal, other misc - 3 (because I use a specific item to bug the post Skorvald portal cutscene)
  • Gathering tools - 3
  • Unid Gear - 3
  • Food/utility - 7 (condi food + utility, power food + utility + a power food variant with precision/ferocity, magic find food + utility for open world).
  • Invitation to the party gyzmo - 1
  • Booster Gobblers - 2 (Candy corn gobbler + Snowflake Gobbler)
Edited by Wolfb.7025
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Wolfb.7025 said:
  • Unid Gear - 3
  • Food/utility - 7 (condi food + utility, power food + utility + a power food variant with precision/ferocity, magic find food + utility for open world).

With the rest I can agree since they have either a limited availability or simply cost a lot, but these can easly be moved into each characters inventories, don't see a good reason to hold these in the shared slots (other than maybe birthday cake). Not that you can't, but I wouldn't say that's a great use of shared slots, unless you really want to fill them up and don't know what else to put there 😉

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Haven’t done the math, but how many gems would it take to convert enough gold to buy a permanent bank access, versus how much to buy the number of shared slots you want to add that you can’t add currently..?

If you're wise and buy inventory shared slots when they're on sale and in sets of 5, they costs 1980 gems (30% off like previous march sales).

1980 gems = 572g (as for right now)

572g x 5 (25 inventory slots) = 2860g

Permanent bank is 4350g on buy order, and 5378g on sell order.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Wolfb.7025 said:

If you're wise and buy inventory shared slots when they're on sale and in sets of 5, they costs 1980 gems (30% off like previous march sales).

1980 gems = 572g (as for right now)

572g x 5 (25 inventory slots) = 2860g

Permanent bank is 4350g on buy order, and 5378g on sell order.

I got a permanent from a key drop..  So I was definitely lucky.  Was just wondering if it would be cheaper for the OP to go that way.  Certainly isn’t based on the math you showed.  Thank you.  

On 4/8/2022 at 1:12 PM, kharmin.7683 said:

LWS portal tomes - 2

Infinite salvage kit - 1

Fractal Omnipotion - 1

Gathering tools - 3

Unid Gear - 3

Food/utility - 2

Permanent or single use contracts (Bank, Merchant, Tradingpost, Hairstylist); 4x
Salvage kits (Copper, Silver, Composter, Runic, Research); 5x
Gathering tools  (Pick, Axe, Sickle); 3x
Useful utilities (White Mantle Portal device, Position rewinder); 2x
World boss devices (World Boss Portal Device, Maguuma Pact Operation Portal Device, Ley-Infused Stone) 3x
Food* (pDPS; Primary power, pDPS; Primary Precision, cDPS; Primary Expertise, cDPS; Primary Condition Damage, Power Boons, Condition Boons, Heal support); 7x
LW Tomes (Invitation to the Party, Season 3, 4, IBS, Arborstone); 5x
Permanent  Pass* (Any); 1x*

All: 30x shared inventory slots.
Without Situational stuff (Ascended food, contracts); 19x slots

*Utilities not listed as they can be put into inventory of alts just fine.  Also this denotes ascended food for ease of access across all characters. Normal, exotic tier food is  easy enough to give to each alt.
*Permanent passes can double as portal scrolls for free teleports to zones like Lava Lounge, Noble's Folly, Lily of the Elon, Captain's Airship Pass, or Royal Terrace pass.  Someone may want more than one of these in their inventory for this reason.  Also you need to have the pass in your inventory, not bank to prevent getting kicked out.

• Confused 1

On 4/9/2022 at 1:32 AM, Wolfb.7025 said:

I do have perma bank, and even then I still find the shared slots to be more useful while I'm actively playing the game. Certain areas it can't be used in (like sab), and is unsummoned if you move (so you can't autorun on a mount and sort bank inv). Whereas I can insta select/use something from the shared slot while moving, in most areas of the game. I don't store food in there yet, as I don't have space, but would love like 10 more slots just for food and utilities, and possibly even more for my gathering tools (I switch out what glyphs I use a fair amount).

To those talking about cutting out certain items because one may not need to have it in a shared slot, it really depends on the person playing as to what they need there, no? 😉

• Thanks 1

With Jade Bots tier 3 Sensory Arrays and Service Chips, there are now even more items to put in shared slots.

The current maximum of 28 may seem a lot but once you start using them, you'll realize you need more, or will end up switching what you can put in them on a regular basis.

Aside from all those listed above, other items include Home Portal Stone, Revive Orbs (you'll never know when or which character will need them), Portable Waystations, Spearmarshal's Plea (for quick mining rich mithril and orichalcum nodes), Spirit & Heroes Banner, Instant Repair, etc.

There's always something else you'd want to place in there for convenience.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

With Jade Bots tier 3 Sensory Arrays and Service Chips, there are now even more items to put in shared slots.

10% difference on the bonuses they offer doesn't seem like it's worth the time of swapping between characters over just sticking to t2, but to each their own. Even if you want to keep swapping, you need to go to the jade bot workbench. If you need to tp/run around to get to the bench anyways, might as well do it by using a free arborstone scroll port -at which point you can use bank right next to it to pass it between characters.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

On 4/9/2022 at 4:12 AM, kharmin.7683 said:

LWS portal tomes - 2

Infinite salvage kit - 1

Fractal Omnipotion - 1

Gathering tools - 3

Unid Gear - 3

Food/utility - 2

Food utility becomes more than 2 if you're like me, or you also have healing characters  I have both ascended and normal food and fishing food, which brings it up to 4 for food/utility.  I have all my salvage kits, that's 3 because I have the rune crafters as well. 4 if you could the new one for research pages.   LWS portal tomes are 3 not two.  Season 3, Season 4, IBS.  I keep two lounge passes, 1 for fractals and fractal merchants, and one for the daily fishing stuff now.  I also keep revive orbs there, so any character that needs them has access. Repair cannisters.  Spearmarshal's plea (fast way to get to the desert from anywhere). Portalable composter. Arborstone portal scroll (not going to waste a slot on each charcter's inventory), portaable waystations (super important), right now an infinite continue coin, but very often an invitation to the party AND my permenent bank contract.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 9:14 AM, Vayne.8563 said:

Food utility becomes more than 2 if you're like me, or you also have healing characters  I have both ascended and normal food and fishing food, which brings it up to 4 for food/utility.

Just talking meta builds' food/util here (and only the ones that I run - and I run a lot);
Power - 2/3
Condi - 6+ (EoD food becoming meta boosts the number considerably, on top of already needing 4 for pre-EoD builds)
Heal - 2
Fishing -1
Misc -2/3

I was thinking about storing my asc food in my guild bank, but that only strips it down by about 5 over all.

• Like 1