This is silly.

zealex.9410

@FJSAMA.2867 said:I love when i hear ppl talking about mirage too many dodges, too many sustain...Do they even realize that mesmer (and Necro) are the only classes that doesnt have endurance restore or improved regen traits/skills?Mesmer actually have a lot traits with on dodge mechanic even more with mirage (having to waste dodges offensivly) and nada about raw endurance bonus. They can only rely on vigor, which is not the best class at applying it either, and without other boons to cover is easily ripped or corrupted in this meta be it scourge spellbreaker thief or wep sigils.

Sustain now: The only heal comes with the healing skill, and to get the most of it you either need 3 clones or wait the hot of the new heal. Nothing extraordinary either way in terms of ammount. No water fields access to combo with.

Condi clear: The meta build has 3 skills that cure 1 condi each: 1 wep skill, 1 utility skill, 1 trait. The wep skill is also used on opening burst. It is actually where most of the damage comes from (ppl complaining about 12 confu when the 7 burning dmg is where most of the dmg comes from), super predictable damage since it has a fixed timer. 24s / 30s cd 1 condi.The utility is jaunt, another offensive/movement utility. 1condi 20s cd.The trait is mirage gm. Well again on dodge.... Use dodge to clear 1 condi and risk to get 3condis applied cause u didnt dodge 1 skill...Apart all this, no real blast and Light field access and just sword 2 to add on evades.Every class has better defensive options on their meta wep skills than mirage. More condi clears, more healing options and par (at worst) on vigor application with additive endurance or passive regen to boot or cover boons to ensure vigor stays.

Now i rly want to know where those builds comes from... I play at around the tops 250 eu and never saw that build... Silver builds new meta?

A bit off topic but this is a PvE centered thread.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@musu.9205 said:and here is gw2 raidar link for reality checkhttps://www.gw2raidar.com/global_stats/4/area-17188you can see mirage dps is broken on few bosses ,so does weaver . but for many other bosses , it is not that impressive at all and it's not even top dps for few bosses .i tried mirage in raid ,so far beside some good dps numbers i don't feel i contribute to squad much even with moa .

Using metrics especially to compare a FoTM class with others isn't accurate imo. The popularity is bloated, a lot of not so good Mirage players will be trying to pick up the class and perform a little worse than the best.

@Refia Montes.3205 said:

@musu.9205 said:and here is gw2 raidar link for reality check
you can see mirage dps is broken on few bosses ,so does weaver . but for many other bosses , it is not that impressive at all and it's not even top dps for few bosses .i tried mirage in raid ,so far beside some good dps numbers i don't feel i contribute to squad much even with moa .

Using metrics especially to compare a FoTM class with others isn't accurate imo. The popularity is bloated, a lot of not so good Mirage players will be trying to pick up the class and perform a little worse than the best.

that's not how gw2 raidar workswe are looking at 99th percentile (dark green bar )which means best dps number out there . and people who are using gw2 raidar are already dedicated enough .and keep in mind , the FoTM class only became FoTM after pro found the build and proved its dps in raid or golem .they are not coming from not so good mirage players .if we look at median which is your "not so good players ", mirage is even worse ,it's not hard to guess why : you need 7 boons for condi duration ,despite the easiest rotation , you need to "waste "your dodge for max dps etc . and on top of that you need a team to cover aoe dmg for your mirage , rng element from axe will also cause team wipe.

From the patch notes:

• Imaginary Axes: Increased seek distance for the follow-up attack by 20%.

Follow-up attack, indicating that Arenanet is fully aware that this is a 2 stage attack. Would you call it a bug if tides of time hit the same target twice? Of course not, because that is what it is designed to do. Saying that Mesmer damage is out of whack because of a bug is simply incorrect. The damage increase that Mirage received is mainly due to the fix of Mirrored Axes, which gave about a 20% or more damage boost to clones, while NOTHING CHANGED with the patch on Imaginary Axes for clones. That means, that IF Mirage damage is too high, fixing something that isn't broken, and didn't cause the issue in the first place, is the wrong way to go. A better target would likely be slightly lowering the duration of the conditions on Mirror Strikes, and maybe moving some of that damage to Lingering Thoughts and Axes of Symmetry. That would reduce overall damage by a bit, move some damage from clones back to the mesmer, put clones and phantasms relatively close to each other, and take so much of the damage lift off of Mirror Strikes.

@OriOri.8724 said:

. If a class can do what other classes in the meta can do then yes, that class is overperforming.

I actually need you to make sense of this, because I took this as, "if a class is on the same level as others the class is OP"Which would be ludicrous.Why would a class, able to perform like others in the same sphere, be OP?

Or did you mean " If a class is able to over perform like the select few classes, that class and the others are OP"

@Solori.6025 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

. If a class can do what other classes in the meta can do then yes, that class is overperforming.

I actually need you to make sense of this, because I took this as, "if a class is on the same level as others the class is OP"Which would be ludicrous.Why would a class, able to perform like others in the same sphere, be OP?

Or did you mean " If a class is able to over perform like the select few classes, that class and the others are OP"

He means that if ONE class can cover several things for which you usually need 2 or 3 classes its broken.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

He means that if ONE class can cover several things for which you usually need 2 or 3 classes its broken.

Good thing Mirage doesn't do that.

@Kobeathris.3645 said:From the patch notes:

• Imaginary Axes: Increased seek distance for the follow-up attack by 20%.

Follow-up attack, indicating that Arenanet is fully aware that this is a 2 stage attack. Would you call it a bug if tides of time hit the same target twice? Of course not, because that is what it is designed to do. Saying that Mesmer damage is out of whack because of a bug is simply incorrect. The damage increase that Mirage received is mainly due to the fix of Mirrored Axes, which gave about a 20% or more damage boost to clones, while NOTHING CHANGED with the patch on Imaginary Axes for clones. That means, that IF Mirage damage is too high, fixing something that isn't broken, and didn't cause the issue in the first place, is the wrong way to go. A better target would likely be slightly lowering the duration of the conditions on Mirror Strikes, and maybe moving some of that damage to Lingering Thoughts and Axes of Symmetry. That would reduce overall damage by a bit, move some damage from clones back to the mesmer, put clones and phantasms relatively close to each other, and take so much of the damage lift off of Mirror Strikes.

it means the seeking target part as follow up ,first stage , you summon the seekerfollow up part is it seeks the target

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

That's not even related to what I wrote. Please don't speak for me.

Its a 2 stage attack, that doesn't mean it isn't bugged. Its still hitting more often than it should be hitting. That is the bug. Just because it has a followup attack doesn't mean that the extra hits were intended, nor was our DPS intended to be this high. Its only that high because of a bug

@OriOri.8724 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

Its a 2 stage attack, that doesn't mean it isn't bugged. Its still hitting more often than it should be hitting. That is the bug. Just because it has a followup attack doesn't mean that the extra hits were intended, nor was our DPS intended to be this high. Its only that high because of a bug

What has axe ambush to do with alacrity quickness etc? Did i completly missunderstand u ?

Did u say that " when mirage has same dps then ele for example its overperforming"?

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

What has axe ambush to do with alacrity quickness etc? Did i completly missunderstand u ?

Did u say that " when mirage has same dps then ele for example its overperforming"?

He or she wouldnt have said that. If that was the case then we wouldnt argue about distort share when that was a hot topic (not that it aint one atm)

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

The axe comments were a mistake. It was a bugged draft that I didn't see that got attached to the bottom of my comment. As to my statement and what I meant. No, I didn't mean that if a class can cover something that you would normally need 2-3 classes its overperforming, but that is true. I meant that in general classes are already doing too much, of everything. DPS classes are doing too much damage, period. Some support builds are doing too much damage for the support that they bring. Some support classes (notably chronomancer) provide too much in the way of support. Its just nearly every class that you see in raid groups is overperforming in some way. I guess the end result is the same though.

@OriOri.8724 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

The axe comments were a mistake. It was a bugged draft that I didn't see that got attached to the bottom of my comment. As to my statement and what I meant. No, I didn't mean that if a class can cover something that you would normally need 2-3 classes its overperforming, but that is true. I meant that in general classes are already doing too much, of everything. DPS classes are doing too much damage, period. Some support builds are doing too much damage for the support that they bring. Some support classes (notably chronomancer) provide too much in the way of support. Its just nearly every class that you see in raid groups is overperforming in some way. I guess the end result is the same though.

you have a good point but you only considered the class balance in current content - raid .let's actually look at class designbeside distortion share , chrono really doesn't provide too much comparing to other classes . it's a power creep since trait rework .druid ,zerker , tempest , rev , firebrand , scrapper even poor scourge , and firebrand actually provides much more than chrono .but1.many things are not needed in raid , not yet , who needs a blood line scourge provides might with best res ability when you team faceroll most raid bosses already .and things like debuff and boon corruption are ignored in pvp content.

1. anet doesn't want to creat content that requires certain class, therefore the specific mechanic that you need utilities to deal with are very limited in raid . so you can change one utility skill on chrono or druid to do just fine . imagine if there is mind crush every 10s and no safe bauble ,you will certainly take 2 guards with you . people already do this in cm.
  2. people will try to run utility with least of dps cost .chrono happens to be that guy who loss less .it's same for gw1 .since gw1 was much harder , you can clearly see gw1 meta changed from team with healer + utility bot + battery bot to least healer + dps with utility .
  3. chrono actually has to run more than one trait line to achieve most support while other class only has one or two support trait line (excpet maybe ele ) to begin with .also for perma quickness you need 80% boon duration or higher . the cost of chrono support is way higher than other class , it should be better .but that is more to do with the fact anet did not standardize the trait lines which they should to avoid "overperforming" you claim. otherwise the support line will either be worthless or shadow other class utility.

@musu.9205 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

you have a good point but you only considered the class balance in current content - raid .let's actually look at class designbeside distortion share , chrono really doesn't provide too much comparing to other classes . it's a power creep since trait rework .druid ,zerker , tempest , rev , firebrand , scrapper even poor scourge , and firebrand actually provides much more than chrono .but1.many things are not needed in raid , not yet , who needs a blood line scourge provides might with best res ability when you team faceroll most raid bosses already .and things like debuff and boon corruption are ignored in pvp content.
  1. anet doesn't want to creat content that requires certain class, therefore the specific mechanic that you need utilities to deal with are very limited in raid . so you can change one utility skill on chrono or druid to do just fine . imagine if there is mind crush every 10s and no safe bauble ,you will certainly take 2 guards with you . people already do this in cm.
  2. people will try to run utility with least of dps cost .chrono happens to be that guy who loss less .it's same for gw1 .since gw1 was much harder , you can clearly see gw1 meta changed from team with healer + utility bot + battery bot to least healer + dps with utility .
  3. chrono actually has to run more than one trait line to achieve most support while other class only has one or two support trait line (excpet maybe ele ) to begin with .also for perma quickness you need 80% boon duration or higher . the cost of chrono support is way higher than other class , it should be better .but that is more to do with the fact anet did not standardize the trait lines which they should to avoid "overperforming" you claim. otherwise the support line will either be worthless or shadow other class utility.

I think the main issues for people who say chrono does too much support is that for a long time it was the only viable method of having permenant quickness and high to almost permenant alacrity. It also gives permenant uptime of almost every boon it gets (a few exceptions but not notable) which has a major impact on group compositions and will have in the future as fury generators become less and less used or in the case of guards where retal gives such a high boost in damage. Then we have the distortion share which no other class in the game has, absolutely no other class can render you invulnerable at the right time, it requires good timing, no arguement here but it is doing something incredibly strong that no-one else can. It also has a heal that cleanses conditions and most of the time takes focus which is a great mob pull and reflect while having great break bar damage.

It also has space for trading alacrity uptime for something like aegis, stab, extra cleanses, boon rip and additional reflects. I’m not saying chrono is overpowered or that it does too much for investment as I haven’t had enough coffee and am not awake enough to care about that question just listing why people might think it does too much. I would say druid does far too much support now, absolutely too much.

@apharma.3741 said:

@musu.9205 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

I think the main issues for people who say chrono does too much support is that for a long time it was the only viable method of having permenant quickness and high to almost permenant alacrity. It also gives permenant uptime of almost every boon it gets (a few exceptions but not notable) which has a major impact on group compositions and will have in the future as fury generators become less and less used or in the case of guards where retal gives such a high boost in damage. Then we have the distortion share which no other class in the game has, absolutely no other class can render you invulnerable at the right time, it requires good timing, no arguement here but it is doing something incredibly strong that no-one else can. It also has a heal that cleanses conditions and most of the time takes focus which is a great mob pull and reflect while having great break bar damage.

It also has space for trading alacrity uptime for something like aegis, stab, extra cleanses, boon rip and additional reflects. I’m not saying chrono is overpowered or that it does too much for investment as I haven’t had enough coffee and am not awake enough to care about that question just listing why people might think it does too much. I would say druid does far too much support now, absolutely too much.

on distortion share , yeah no one can do that yet but in actual raid ,you can use other method to achieve "same" result ,it just costs more than two chrono .and even tho pug could do those stuff with alt ways like barrier or aegis or stability ,they still follow meta which is provided by qt anyway . again it's a problem with trait line design .less false choice more lined up useful spec would be better .

about fury , it's more to do with the fact how we were so reliant on druid fury before .anet could easily give more fury to rev ,engi or deadeye .but keep in mind , people are still trying to build around the idea of dedicated healer as second healer , but they could easily get might fury from condi rev supporter /healer or tempest who doesn't camp water all day . you can argue most of them are not meta but they have their niche especially you don't need second druid for spirit now .and condi rev healer is probly better than condi druid in some fight especially the one u can't get 100% alacrity uptime.

@Draco.9480 said:they destroyed necro's shades and didn't remove icd from demonic lore but zis is fine. "it's balanced" - Anet 2017

i meant most classes have suffered from bad balance and poor design choice , even more so on mesmer .and most people here agree mirage broken dps is from a bug and wish it gets fixed asap .

and its funny how mesmer forum got more salty comments from thief , necro and war .you guys know ele sub forum exists ?

@Draco.9480 said:they destroyed necro's shades and didn't remove icd from demonic lore but zis is fine. "it's balanced" - Anet 2017

True. But as a Necro main is must say pls anet dont "fix" the mirage like necro shades. Necro suffered 5 years from doing bad damage and so did mesmers, now they have a good dps build to spit in ele faces and kick them from the throne. So please dont nerf it, you will regret it. No sarcasm iam really serious.

@musu.9205 said:beside distortion share , chrono really doesn't provide too much comparing to other classes . it's a power creep since trait rework .

Distortion (and portal) may be the only unique things mesmer provides, but chrono can provides support that would otherwise take 3 classes.Firebrand for quickness and aegis, revenant for alacrity, necro for boon strip. It's that extreme role compression that's chrono's biggest strength, that allows you to get as much utility out of one spot, so that more raid spots can be pure dps. On top of that, they can tank even in zerker gear, increase the uptime of all boons, provide reflects, a humongous 600-radius pull.

And that's only after 2 years of balance patches and a new expansion, because before that, quickness and alacrity was unique to them. Even then, distortion share and portal are the only 2 class-specific mechanics that enable new strategies by themselves.

@RabbitUp.8294 said:

@musu.9205 said:beside distortion share , chrono really doesn't provide too much comparing to other classes . it's a power creep since trait rework .

Distortion (and portal) may be the only unique things mesmer provides, but chrono can provides support that would otherwise take 3 classes.Firebrand for quickness and aegis, revenant for alacrity, necro for boon strip. It's that extreme role compression that's chrono's biggest strength, that allows you to get as much utility out of one spot, so that more raid spots can be pure dps. On top of that, they can tank even in zerker gear, increase the uptime of all boons, provide reflects, a humongous 600-radius pull.

And that's only after 2 years of balance patches and a new expansion, because before that, quickness and alacrity was unique to them. Even then, distortion share and portal are the only 2 class-specific mechanics that enable new strategies by themselves.

all with cost of dps , and one dps + chrono is very close to firebrand quickness + rev now if we ignore broken mirage and weaver .tbh chrono doesn't really have aegis .if not for deimos and chaos fractal , i doubt most will know that exists .everyone can tank on zerk gear .literally every class.rev does have boon removalhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Banish_Enchantment

but those were not my points.beside what the chrono actually provides , i wanted to remind everyone , part of the reason why people view chrono as utility powerhouse is the fact we had it as meta in past 2 years .we developed strategy around it and ofc we had most of its utility since it cost least dps loss . if firebrand happens before chrono , we could have said same about it.

and for the past 2 year of balancefirst of all , anet did not intend to make chrono quicknessbot to begin with ,they didn't know what to do with chrono . and there are not alt way for quickness or alacrity . there is no possible way to balance chrono without gutting it entirely in the past 2 years . so i don't know why u brought that up.

secondly , if anything , in past 2 years , war brings most dps for its slot .anet knew it . hence why they started breaking meta with war.

and ofc , meta still favors druids over any other healer (gotl change didn't help this since druid is new ps ). so firebrand +rev comp didn't get popular , not to mention that asking for a chrono is easier than two specific underdog builds even they are almost equal for a pug group which doesn't do distortion share strategy .

off topic , before balance patch , mirror comp was fastest and also safest comp for most groups. after patch , there are less reasons for a pug to follow the exact meta comp from sc or qt .

Archived