Warrior more work than other professions?

Gigawatt.7850

In Open World PvE and sPvP, I feel like I work really hard to do be the best I can but other profession just out do me with lesser effort. Anyone else feel this way, I'm about 6 months into into this game, I've played every profession except Mesmer(doesn't interest me). Warrior is really fun but I feel like it just doesn't put out the damage and support that other professions do.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gigawatt.7850 said:

Warrior is really fun but I feel like it just doesn't put out the damage and support that other professions do.

It started from anet wanting to keep warrior "simple" and "non magic" which prohibited the class from getting access to most boons. Also, warrior class revolves around burst which is in my opinion too simple. Then it goes into how the skills, utilities and elites skills don't flow as well as the other classes do with their own skills and utilities.

Warrior has been lacking since launch and whenever it did rise to dominate, it didn't take long for it to be nerfed into the ground.

Yup, it's a struggle to keep up as a warrior with anet always breathing down warrior's neck with nerf hammer at the ready. They did not make a good warrior class. Somehow, all the other RPG's and MMO's did. But anet somehow botched the design.

And I like anet and Guild Wars 2. Its just obvious how much they lack in handling the warrior class.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Particularly in open world, Spellbreaker tends to be my class of choice for soloing difficult content. You have so much sustain and many ways to negate damage.

PvP is a different issue. The specs that aren't Bladesworn have to work pretty hard for the same payoff as other classes.

In PvE, Bladesworn and Berserker are actually really good picks - you provide banners and decent DPS, while you don't fall over as easily as something like Ele or Guardian thanks to warrior's naturally high HP pool.

Edited by Arklite.4013
  • Confused 1

I dunno, war feels more like combat to me than the other professions I've played. You duck and weave and hit hard at the right moments. Its really hard for me to play e.g. ranger or guard, it feels like I'm just unloading dmg and my build keeps me alive. Rev and thief seem interesting since they also rely on burst windows, but I enjoy war playstyle too much to start learning them.

IMO main problem is that you dont really hit hard and/or the windows for dmg are not particularly wide. Other professions just rotate defensive cds and dmg pressure to keep you off them. And have at least some midrange pressure, unlike you.

You can still win a lot of 1v1 matchups with spb, some even with core. But you dont have the typical "I press this and you take dmg" buttons. If you dodge bad you will die, if your spacing or timing is bad you wont deal dmg.

For bladesworn, I think it tries to address the biggest flaw in spb and core power builds - the lack of viable ranged pressure. But the spec is unplayable without shouts for sustain, just like core. I guess if they leave it as is, it will be annoying but maybe meta like other bunkers (in spvp anyway). Gameplay looks pretty lame though, compared to what I'm used to on war.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

I wonder why warr is sentenced to never get a spec that plays like thief/shiro/WB 

We are the only class with no 1200 range port... That says enough.... Anet will never care. 

Hey now. Don't forget Dragonslash reach. 

We don't have range.... This guy...😏

• Haha 1

For some unrespectable reason, Arenanet really hates Warrior to an unreasonable degree and actively makes sure it's the worst profession.

It's no surprise that Warrior needs to put in significantly more effort for less result than other professions.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

PvE? War is easy mode until you have to fight at range. Warrior ranged weapons are pitiful.

Competitive? You're constantly fighting with one hand tied behind your back compared to everybody else.

I think bow is actually Very solid, on Berserk that is. Especially since they added the burn trait on 1 into discipline. Low cd on 2, ammo count on 4,pindown still strong and can hit several targets aswell. The burst is also real strong imo,but have to make sure you lock players into it first with a hard cc or pindown. I just think 3 could use something extra as only being used as a blast.

Edited by Caedmon.6798

44 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

For some unrespectable reason, Arenanet really hates Warrior to an unreasonable degree and actively makes sure it's the worst profession.

It's no surprise that Warrior needs to put in significantly more effort for less result than other professions.

Its a bit weird their resolve towards warrior while there are far low effort builds to play, yet warrio r build are super glass cannon gimmick or potato , when this happens its because players are forced into 2 those system builds cause almost nothing in that class works between... like being a warrior  wich end in players forced to play like a bzerker in any spec  or a monk wanabe .

This is pure lack of understanting how dev's want classes OR leaning totaly to the classes that they play or are favorable for them, just look the humongamous of stuff that scrapper ended with and wich leaded to nerfs(balance actually).

Warrior should be the central class....  joking a little bit i guess next update will give a tutu to the warrior spec... 

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Its a bit weird their resolve towards warrior while there are far low effort builds to play.

Warrior should be the central class....  joking a little bit i guess next update will give a tutu to the warrior spec... 

yea it's funny how anet is so determined to make warrior the lowest effort and lowest ceiling to play class in every single build possible.

even tho warrior has the most variety of weapons (yet the least variety of playable playstyle)

when other classes have way lower effort build created and have complex build with high functionality as well.

sure we are able to disregard the fact that warrior has the most variety of weapon etc.

but even for all the elite specs, they are also very determined to keep warrior on the ground with minimum effort and functionality like all previous specs...even tho the whole point of elite specs, like the weapons, were supposed to bring completely new playstyle and role to the class.

playing warrior is just depressing at this point and most of my pvp warrior buddies from 2013 2014 literally never log on anymore for how bad anet treats warrior

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

yea it's funny how anet is so determined to make warrior the lowest effort and lowest ceiling to play class in every single build possible.

even tho warrior has the most variety of weapons (yet the least variety of playable playstyle)

when other classes have way lower effort build created and have complex build with high functionality as well.

sure we are able to disregard the fact that warrior has the most variety of weapon etc.

but even for all the elite specs, they are also very determined to keep warrior on the ground with minimum effort and functionality like all previous specs...even tho the whole point of elite specs, like the weapons, were supposed to bring completely new playstyle and role to the class.

The issue with that is Anet don't know how to make trade offs towards balance, some classes ended with heavy trade offs compared with others anyway,  warrior has plenty of weapons, some are useless some are OP(lets just call them OP in comparison with damage and warrior weapons pool only) in direct damage, well OFC players will choose what does damage faster and if less effort the better,  that or something that wil make them l feel themselves survive more encounters even if they don't kill anyone (with DPS nerf theres more risk rewards in some classes wich made low skill players swap to  survival builds since they cant be much carried to kill targets just with their DPS, now if they fail to be carried with DPS target will  counter atack and most dont want to be in that spot).

IMO the  main issue with Warrior atm is that is to much centred in being a monk wanabe, EoD Elite should had been a Monk rather than a fake samurai lol... at least would build up towards what ic in WvW, which is minstrel or very potato warriors ONLY even if they try to kill....i run zealots mixed with clerics and i get 100-500 damage with  100B, this tells alot that the meta of warrior is misleading alot of players to bad builds or just to one role  (like warrior pvp suport build... that we had some time ago), and what leads meta or behaviours is Anet when they choose wich classes need to overperform rathern than try to streamline combat itself, if they to this they wont have to spend balancing classes that have 4years or more....

No classes should overperform, if theres a class to have big DPS should also have a trade off with the same weight.

All classes should have trade offs and strong points (the more the class is better at some roles the worse is at another ones, some here excell in almost everything that is needed to combat with trade offs that dont impact much or almost nothing).

All classes should be more towards player skill to what's happening rather game being heavily towards skill rotations and teir DPS faster as possible(actually in this aspect game is much  better then it was), and force players to play more in team rather than stack up to blob overperformance. 

Question, wonder if some weapons in warrior that  aren't much used (cause theres no need to use it in combat due their useless efficiency) its the trade off f for being master of weapons and have high vit... not much as a reaper vitality :)

Edited by Aeolus.3615

19 hours ago, Gigawatt.7850 said:

In Open World PvE and sPvP, I feel like I work really hard to do be the best I can but other profession just out do me with lesser effort. Anyone else feel this way, I'm about 6 months into into this game, I've played every profession except Mesmer(doesn't interest me). Warrior is really fun but I feel like it just doesn't put out the damage and support that other professions do.

Its simple really, Play Warrior if you want to play gw2 on hard mode, play other classes to play on medium or easy mode. 

I do find it funny that when you try other classes, you realise just how easy the game is in all game modes, pve, pvp, wvw, ect. 

What ya mean in exotics only I have better sustain and outdps my fully asc Warrior using less abilities while having more cc options? 😮

But hey, at least we have a single Bladesworn build that does still allow us to have tank stats with 100% crit rate. Till ya know, Anet.

Edited by Gorem.8104
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Its simple really, Play Warrior if you want to play gw2 on hard mode, play other classes to play on medium or easy mode. 

I do find it funny that when you try other classes, you realise just how easy the game is in all game modes, pve, pvp, wvw, ect. 

What ya mean in exotics only I have better sustain and outdps my fully asc Warrior using less abilities while having more cc options? 😮

But hey, at least we have a single Bladesworn build that does still allow us to have tank stats with 100% crit rate. Till ya know, Anet.

I mean it is kind of funny. Revenant is in a similar pickle; Sure renegade can be strong and is one of the only reasons they're even wanted just like banner slave is for warrior right? But herald, vindicator and core are all left in the dust in most game modes with competitive having places for core and herald... sound familiar? (Also most of rev's weapons, the ones we can use suck now. Again due to over tuning.) 

Thats because warrior and rev suffer the same issue, the same problems persist on both classes. And both are treated the same and I decided they were the two classes I liked most... talk about feeling stupid and like I wasted my time all these years lol

... So what if us warriors go play another class? Will it get nerfed too? Maybe we should all jump onto "blue class" and get it nerfed into oblivion too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

... So what if us warriors go play another class? Will it get nerfed too? Maybe we should all jump onto "blue class" and get it nerfed into oblivion too.

I actually came from guard to play war. I highly doubt guard and necro are ever getting nerfed, half the playerbase will quit.

• Like 3