The "Features" added in End of Dragons are all badly done

To make the bot appear, if they were to make skins for it that was what I expected, either you should give up on your mini or even make it disappear when the map is full like minis do. Can't have too many entities in the map it seems so that could potentially double them if eveyone had minis and bots showing.

4 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

The battery mechanic needs to be scrapped or changed entirely so that its solar and just recharges over time

Actually there is an effect that does this https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heart_of_Jade

The bad thing is, not being stated there so far not sure why, in my own experience it recharges 1 charge every probably 10 minutes. I got bored waiting for it. If you really don't come accross a battery or zipline in 10 minutes you must be camping the same spot so it feels quite useless. But yeah, having to go around to recharge it is more an annoyance, but at least no more item or key needed to open a chest like in HoT or PoF areas.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I agree about the fishing.  The RNG nature of something that you want to work towards feels so wrong. Most achievements in PVE you know what you have to do.  If everyone does the same thing, they get the reward (dodge the thing, kill in X minutes, complete # events, etc.) In fishing, do the same thing, you do not get the same outcome. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'd also like to highlight how the meta-focused design of Dragon's End actively promotes toxicity.

Every time I've been on the map recently where the meta's active, the people doing the meta are telling people to join up or leave the instance to join a different one, as if it's easy for someone to choose which instance they join.

People playing the map the way they would play any other Guild Wars 2 map are seen as being dead wood and actively contributing to the Meta failing.

In effect, ANet have created a toxic environment where both groups of players could rightfully complain about the behaviour of the other.

It's appalling.

They should have instanced the meta in the same way they did Dragonstorm.

I appreciate the ambition, but it has been executed incredibly badly.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Bottom line for me (and I will assume many others as), once I have all the masteries maxed and the turtle, EoD will be dead to me. I bet some won't even stay that long.

P.S. A third module slot for a solar recharge module would have been a smart addition. (as mentioned by others)

Edited by Blude.6812
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I don't know how they managed to miss the mark on so many things with EoD but to me something broke in relation to the game.

If I could refund EoD and pretend it never existed I'd do it in a heartbeat to go back to the way GW2 was before this failed expansion.

As someone else said in a comment a while ago regarding EoD: egos won.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

There are literally batteries everywhere and the zip lines also recharge them. It makes absolutely no sense for the jade bot to suddenly be solar powered. 

And having to actively seek those out in order to charge your bot so you then have to seek out two separate stations to charge a buff that is necessary to make a lot of the content easier actively breaks flow.

This could all have been removed and the mobs scaled down a tad for no perceivable difference to combat, but with none of the faffing about.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Blude.6812 said:

and hows does that work outside of EoD maps??????

It doesn't have to work outside of EoD maps, because mobs on maps outside of EoD haven't been artificially buffed to justify the existence of these stultifyingly bad mechanics.

Edited by Mungrul.9358
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

And having to actively seek those out in order to charge your bot so you then have to seek out two separate stations to charge a buff that is necessary to make a lot of the content easier actively breaks flow.

This could all have been removed and the mobs scaled down a tad for no perceivable difference to combat, but with none of the faffing about.

And you want that system to be changed to be passive?  Why not just ask for the charges to be removed entirely and to permanently have the damage and defensive buffs?

• Confused 5

Just now, Mungrul.9358 said:

It doesn't have to work outside of EoD maps, because mobs on maps outside of EoD haven't been artificially buffed to justify the existence of these stultifyingly bad mechanics.

Funny how it recycles worthless stuff when you are on other maps when charged. So ya it's needed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, mythical.6315 said:

And you want that system to be changed to be passive?  Why not just ask for the charges to be removed entirely and to permanently have the damage and defensive buffs?

To be honest?

I don't think the bots add anything of value to the game outside of the gathering modules, and the game could quite happily exist with their complete removal.

Yup, I'm saying the game would actively be better without Jade Bots, full stop.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

To be honest?

I don't think the bots add anything of value to the game outside of the gathering modules, and the game could quite happily exist with their complete removal.

Yup, I'm saying the game would actively be better without Jade Bots, full stop.

Then don’t use them. Why ask for the charges to be removed when you feel the game would be better without jade bots?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Well only the pof masteries are really good overall. I like the hot masteries too, but if the hot metas were as lackluster as eod metas (in terms of rewards and being able to chain them)... probably I would only be using the gliding.

The ibs masteries are a trainwreck, only the CC from waystation and the mount stealth are any good. The essence manipulation (3 tracks for this, really?) and raven crap are usable/"good" in what, 2 maps? The DRM masteries are just lol.

Doesn't really bother me that most (if not all) are crap. Though I agree that the jade bot masteries are masteries only technically. Having to get the modules on each character defeats the purpose of the mastery system.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mythical.6315 said:

Make it so the buffs get added/stacked with every event you have done on that specific map. Now you have a gamewide universal mechanic that incentivizes active play (and staying for longer on single map, instead of doing fast map jumping in chase of metas/worldbosses). Batteries are no longer needed.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, vanfrano.1325 said:

I don't know how they managed to miss the mark on so many things with EoD but to me something broke in relation to the game.

If I could refund EoD and pretend it never existed I'd do it in a heartbeat to go back to the way GW2 was before this failed expansion.

As someone else said in a comment a while ago regarding EoD: egos won.

Incredible. I loved the expansion, best one so far and gladly sales proofs that.

It needs some fixes, as with every exp on every game, but its been very very smooth so far

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

32 minutes ago, KeoLegend.5132 said:

Incredible. I loved the expansion, best one so far and gladly sales proofs that.

It needs some fixes, as with every exp on every game, but its been very very smooth so far

To be fair initial sales are not an indication of whether or not it is the best expansion as people have to buy it before they can effectively judge its quality for themselves. This is why we pay attention to drop off of sales for movies. Many failures sell well initially. To be clear, I am not saying that EoD is a failure, or poor of quality, rather that initial sales are a poor metric for measuring what is, "best."

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

12 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

My gliders are unlocked account-wise, and i don't need to use any "glider desk" to change them, and yet i can customize and diversify them on all my characters. Jade Bots could have easily worked the same way, but anet wanted to disguise a new gear grind/progression option as mastery, so we have what we have. Except of course i can get a legendary option for all gear slots except breather (which is not a problem since noone plays underwater content anymore), but there's no legendary bot equivalent.

Its wrong to equate changing a bot's utility to a glider's skin, its more like chaining the sigils on weapons or the runes on armor, because it has practical effects and is not just cosmetics. Of course it should be character bound.

No legendaries? Relax, its just recently been released, they haven't even done ascended yet and you're already complaining about legendaries. Give it some time.

Edited by OtakuModeEngage.8679
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Make it so the buffs get added/stacked with every event you have done on that specific map. Now you have a gamewide universal mechanic that incentivizes active play (and staying for longer on single map, instead of doing fast map jumping in chase of metas/worldbosses). Batteries are no longer needed.

This approach would also reduce the anti-immersive visual clutter of jade tech in areas where it makes little sense. A map specific participation system, perhaps similar to what we see in WvW, could be an interesting mechanic for PvE.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

Maybe they don’t intend for it to be used outside of EoD maps. That would be a power creep. 

It already does work outside EoD maps. Vitality buff is universal and works everywhere, so do the chips. And the offensive/defensive buffs you can also use on older maps, as long as you charged them in EoD. The only features that do not work outside are the chests, ziplines and teleporters, because there aren't any outside of Cantha. Yet, anyway.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, daninumbers.4036 said:

To make the bot appear, if they were to make skins for it that was what I expected, either you should give up on your mini or even make it disappear when the map is full like minis do. Can't have too many entities in the map it seems so that could potentially double them if eveyone had minis and bots showing.

Actually there is an effect that does this https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heart_of_Jade

The bad thing is, not being stated there so far not sure why, in my own experience it recharges 1 charge every probably 10 minutes. I got bored waiting for it. If you really don't come accross a battery or zipline in 10 minutes you must be camping the same spot so it feels quite useless. But yeah, having to go around to recharge it is more an annoyance, but at least no more item or key needed to open a chest like in HoT or PoF areas.

Oh that's neat, so there is a way, rather hidden behind that merchant but neat. Doesn't sound to be as good as it could be but at least now we don't lose charges on map swaps, and for some reason, keep the incredible all boons in the game buffs for all maps now. The Open world power creep with that change is crazy.

4 hours ago, Blude.6812 said:

Bottom line for me (and I will assume many others as), once I have all the masteries maxed and the turtle, EoD will be dead to me. I bet some won't even stay that long.

P.S. A third module slot for a solar recharge module would have been a smart addition. (as mentioned by others)

Said this basically at EoD launch, and it already has been a true fact now for awhile. There's nothing to bring you back, no bounty trains, no converter, no legendary accessory, weak meta rewards even if you win - and since the jade bot is so weak, besides them doing the last patch change it had literally no effect on the actual game. The only thing noticeable would be the health increase to all mounts. That's it.  And some more loot bags to open with chat spam. The bot at least needed to be so much better. 

1 hour ago, KeoLegend.5132 said:

I could have predicted that as I have said in a previous post - leading up to EoD, the game was the healthiest and active it has been in years. They had to increase the size of wvw servers. I joined in with this crowd of people coming back. Then found out about the expansion and of course, realised now just how overhyped it was. That's the thing here, overhyped things have high sale rates, its what happens after release that determines if its a success or fail - sales numbers mean nothing. If a single person bought the same thing a million times, would that mean it was a success? EoD almost offers nothing for the base game, its an expansion that almost doesn't even need to exist, and if it didn't, the game right now would be more popular. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2