I've spent $150 on keys in the gem store...

9 hours ago, Borked.6824 said:

This thread is terrifying to me.  Over half the people in here are just saying "dude don't gamble. gamble bad, make money go caput" but blatantly missing the point... you're admitting that it's ok that game features are being literally locked behind a wall of statistical uncertainty.  As in, you will likely never see the item, ever, unless you cough up the cash for an unpredictable amount of keys.  You're ok with being insulted like that?  Or are you just really jazzed up on Stockholm Syndrome?  Please stop being like this, people.  That's just enabling more inconvenience.

I don't think most people here have no problem with lootboxes.

The thing is, you can whine as much as you want, as long as people like OP buy this crap, there is nothing we as customer can do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

The thing is, you can whine as much as you want, as long as people like OP buy this crap, there is nothing we as customer can do.

This is a reasonable and valid statement that I can accept.  What I can't accept is people defending and enabling a divisive practice.  It's as if their captors have spared their lives and fed them daily.  They kiss their captor's feet and shower them with thanks in return, but behind the curtain their food is being laced with poison.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Borked.6824 said:

This thread is terrifying to me.  Over half the people in here are just saying "dude don't gamble. gamble bad, make money go caput" but blatantly missing the point... you're admitting that it's ok that game features are being literally locked behind a wall of statistical uncertainty.  As in, you will likely never see the item, ever, unless you cough up the cash for an unpredictable amount of keys.  You're ok with being insulted like that?  Or are you just really jazzed up on Stockholm Syndrome?  Please stop being like this, people.  That's just enabling more inconvenience.

These are optional things, not features.  None of it is required to complete content.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Borked.6824 said:

This is a reasonable and valid statement that I can accept.  What I can't accept is people defending and enabling a divisive practice.  It's as if their captors have spared their lives and fed them daily.  They kiss their captor's feet and shower them with thanks in return, but behind the curtain their food is being laced with poison.

Yeah, i fully understand you. I myself try to filter this people out as much as i can. Although, like you, sometimes it triggers hard xx. This thema got plenty threads in the last years and it's astonishing to me, the view of some people here. BLK are in fact, gambling and pointed at addicted people, who are sick and need help and anet fires exactly in these people minds. And some people on this forum has defended such a behavior because they didn't want more "gouvermental control" or such thing, like in other countrys.

Instead of helping people, they put on their alu-hat...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Borked.6824 said:

That, "wall of statistical uncertainty," lacks statistical uncertainty. The implementation of statuettes makes getting the item a certainty assuming some patience. One is only, "likely to never see the item," if one chooses to not buy a sufficiency of keys. One is guaranteed to get the item, again given a willingness to wait, given a predictable number of key purchases.

I detest this system too, but I dont need to lie about it and other posters in order to express that dislike.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Borked.6824 said:

I think what people are saying is that people are Adults, if you don't want to buy from the shop, don't   If you do, then take responsibility for your own actions and weigh up if the pleasure you get is worth it..  Its a mindset issue, personally I occasionally buy stuff, and if it has a random element i only go for it if i'm happy with what i'm getting as a typical prize, with a miniscule chance of getting a rare skin  i.e I know its equivalent to rolling a thousand sided dice and wanting a six  I certainly wouldn't roll it 150 times trying to get a six!

people also need reminding, you play for no SUB, so its ok investing every now and then.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/6/2022 at 1:53 PM, Borked.6824 said:

They've been around 9 years, i don't think its going to change anytime soon.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/6/2022 at 6:53 AM, Borked.6824 said:

No, we are just fine with the idea that every week we can use our FREE keys and perhaps get lucky. Thats fun and gives certain items some prestige.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/6/2022 at 12:35 PM, Klowdy.3126 said:

No one has to "feel this kitten." You chose to spend money for a CHANCE at a skin, because in the past you've been lucky. I've seen people on YouTube open hundreds of boxes, and get a few lame skins, nothing worth while. What did you expect opening a ticket to do? Did you think it would change anything at all? It seems like you feel entitled to that skin because you spent so much money, and the fact you complained to the people in charge about how you didn't get what you wanted. Just because this is a video game doesn't mean the same rule of chance don't apply. 

Not entitled, but the mechanics seemed off, only 4 "special" items in that many keys seemed broken and that's why I contacted support. Never happened to me before and I buy keys every month, that's all.

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2022 at 11:53 PM, Borked.6824 said:

It's not enabling, it's realistic.

As long as there's money to be had, businesses are going to exploit these things. Hurray, capitalism!

If people got sick of it and refused to buy in, the practice would disappear. Yes, that's almost as unlikely as businesses voluntary showing restraint, but it is at least slightly more likely, because it's in people's best interest to refuse to pay for loot boxes.

• Like 1