Seriously, it's time to hand us the Skyscale

2 hours ago, Drennon.7190 said:

I just returned to GW2. Looked at the skyscale guide and lost interest in playing more. 

The activities you need to complete for the skyscale collections are fairly typical of open world PvE, so if you don't think you'd enjoy them, then you won't enjoy PvE in this game. And if your preference is for PvP, WvW or instanced content, then you don't need a skyscale, as you can't use it in those game modes.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, costepj.5120 said:

The activities you need to complete for the skyscale collections are fairly typical of open world PvE, so if you don't think you'd enjoy them, then you won't enjoy PvE in this game. And if your preference is for PvP, WvW or instanced content, then you don't need a skyscale, as you can't use it in those game modes.

That’s not PvE. There is no versus an NPC involved in zoning into 20 diff places to collect dragonpoop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7

5 hours ago, Drennon.7190 said:

I just returned to GW2. Looked at the skyscale guide and lost interest in playing more. 

Welp...bye its no easier in any other mmorpg its a time and gold investment in all games. Unless you are talking drop mounts then , dif  games dif acquisition, you can pay a sub fee of 14.99 a month to get your mount 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Drennon.7190 said:

It’s easier to get the flying mount in literally all other MMORPGs. You’re acting like hard to acquire skins are the same thing as hard to require functionality…

Now, you know that's literally not true, BDO's pegasus mount being the first example to come to mind of a flying mount that's harder to get than the Skyscale. I'm sure other folks know other examples.

• Like 4

On 5/13/2022 at 8:44 PM, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Blizzard straight up ripped the Skyscale and is going to make 10x more than ANet because it's a selling point of their expansion. Meanwhile, ANet makes it a tedious side quest that forces us to minimize the game 100 times in order to use guides that also link to other guides (e.g., Runestone 'puzzle'). That is not good design.

But people will keep defending it, because they got theirs. I get it, you worked hard, so you're obviously going to think that others should too. You enjoy the reward, which makes you think the journey is worth it. That is flawed thinking. Enjoy keeping this MMORPG off the radar.

No. . . Its not hard just do it. And why even bring up WoW? No one wants the kitten flight mount over there, look at all the beta feedback people hate it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yoni.7015 said:

Because you have to play the game to get the skyscale? how terrible. 

Playing the game is one thing,grinding/farming until your eyes bleed out is another.

Now what I mean: I love new things,story,puzzles etc to make some things harder and I am sure many players are like this.

Make it harder by locking things behind dungeons,story quests,puzzles,etc

Now almost all of the skyscale is locked behind grind,same boring things and re-doing the same things over and over... just like the part where you have to farm different types of currencies now as maps are half dead they added new way to obtain the currencies via other annoying achievement which sends you to redo different stories over and over...(Return To)

I worked quite hard for my Skyscale(3 months+ as casual) but I would not mind of developers make it easier to get or sell different parts for gems/gold . It would give some revenue to Anet and I hope future improvements like skyscale will be better tought.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

16 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

"bye" "we won't miss you", "can I has ur stuff"

ah, the legendary and friendly GW2 community... I bet all those employees fired 3 years ago cuz the game wasn't making enough money loved those phrases too =:3

What other response does the "I saw a guide for 1 particular mount acqiusition so now I'm quitting the game" deserve? I joined the game, that one mount isn't handed out to you so I quit? I mean... Nothing left to say here other than: ok, good luck 🙋‍♂️

I'm also not entirely (or rather: at all) surprised the players won't miss someone with the attitude to constantly ask for handouts. A lot of the people don't play for the handouts, but for the gameplay itself, with rewards being placed behind said gameplay. The priorities of the previous poster seem a little backwards to me.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What other response does the "I saw a guide for 1 particular mount acqiusition so now I'm quitting the game" deserve? I joined the game, that one mount isn't handed out to you so I quit? I mean... Nothing left to say here other than: ok, good luck 🙋‍♂️

You honestly can’t see the issue with locking that much functionality behind some awful collection grind?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

23 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I'm also not entirely (or rather: at all) surprised the players won't miss someone with the attitude to constantly ask for handouts. A lot of the people don't play for the handouts, but for the gameplay itself, with rewards being placed behind said gameplay. The priorities of the previous poster seem a little backwards to me.

So let's get rid of rewards if the gameplay is enough, give everyone everything. Since you're only doing it for the gameplay itself you shouldn't need a reward to get you to do things, the enjoyment of gameplay should be enough. Now we will have people playing the things they actaully paid to play without time sinks put in place to artificially inflate engagement/playtime. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Drennon.7190 said:

You honestly can’t see the issue with locking that much functionality behind some awful collection grind?

Not awful collection and not that much grind. Even easier now with "return to" achievements, rewarding you with the stack of needed currencies.

No, I do not see a problem with how skyscale is unlocked, even before the above mentioned "return to" achievements.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, VooDoo.9014 said:

So let's get rid of rewards if the gameplay is enough, give everyone everything. Since you're only doing it for the gameplay itself you shouldn't need a reward to get you to do things, the enjoyment of gameplay should be enough. Now we will have people playing the things they actaully paid to play without time sinks put in place to artificially inflate engagement/playtime. 

There's a difference between having rewards behind gameplay and you wanting to "just have everything" while seeing any bigger/longer collection as an automatic reason to quit the game.

Good effort at trying to change the meaning of what I said though.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1