ANet. Will you please hire some new armor designers.

8 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Yes, but GW1 followed a strict guideline on aesthetics. It had a distinct style, that's why it was beautiful beginning to end.

In GW2, sadly, everything seems to be allowed, no matter how out of place, ill-matched, comical, extraterrestrial, punky, or otherwise immersion-breaking it might look. GW2 lacks a clear-cut identity and sense of taste.

Indeed.

• Like 1

I remember bringing up this concept multiple times, the person in charge of choosing armor concepts is not artistically adept. I got tired of fighting it. Just pick your favorite armor in game and stick with it. I promise you not gonna win. The armor from the guardian concept the guy with the shield, never came into fruition either, sadge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Kaioh.7598 said:

Tbh all I really want is to have our lovely gw1 armors ported into this game. 

Count me in, as well.

edit: NPC clothing (with higher texture resolutions) as armor pieces would be highly appreciated, too

Edited by Andur.9275
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I am still using Dreadnought armor because nearly every armor in the game not exclusive to Charr looks absolutely horrendous. Especially in the helmet department.

Having every armor in the game designed around just the human models is just laziness.

Edited by HonesltlyX.7164
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HonesltlyX.7164 said:

I am still using Dreadnought armor because nearly every armor in the game not exclusive to Charr looks absolutely horrendous. Especially in the helmet department.

Having every armor in the game designed around just the human models is just laziness.

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word, "laziness."

• Haha 1

What I would like to see more is armor like the Mistward plate ("sleeveless" metal armor of some kind) for the heavies. Also, the option to change the position of some of the "one-sided" shoulder pads (ex. Herald's Shoulderplate) from left to right or vice versa would be nice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

it just depends on what you make of it. a complete set may not seem pretty. but if you are a bit creative yourself and make a combination of several sets and give them matching colors with dyes. then something really beautiful can be made with it.

I used google translate for the whole message. 

• Haha 1

I often get the impression that they design armor and weapons more so as "pieces of art" rather then as actual armour or weapons.

It sometimes reminds me of the wierd things you'd see walking down a fashion runway, or displayed at an art gallery. 

Which is unfortunate. Im not questioning the quality of the pieces, because there's clearly talent behind the designs. But it caters to a very niche taste, and it's a taste that is so unrelated to the combat focused fantasy RPG that this is. Creative license is one thing, but this isn't an art exhibit.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I'm not sure if it's fortunate or not, but at least it saves me money when I look at the paid cosmetics and they're all hideous looking (to me at least). I suppose I can play FFXIV if I want a really good variety of outfits, Guild Wars 2 for better or worse has fully embraced the "glowing is cool" mantra, so i'll be sticking to default outfits for now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They did Shiro dirty in the 'legacy outfit' I mean... wtf is that even. Don't even get me started on those weapons. Sword skin I get (even though it is garbage and nothing like what Shiro had but .... GS skin? Really? That was about the same level of shock as I had when I saw the Pegasus Griffon skin, like LMFAO
At this point everything they bring out is just comical now, I get to laugh at how ugly it all is and know I will never buy it / use it and move on with my day.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1