Anyone notice how UNFAIR this is? This is some top tier no excuse BC bias

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dash_(trait_skill)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flowing_Resolve

You got the daredevil dash evade that does nothing but give swiftness and remove movement condis, and you get exhaustion.

Now, look the willbender f2 also evades, removes all the movement condis, heals, and then heals more when you attack and it has 2 charges and can be traited to remove 3 other condies.  (two CHARGES....TWO) and then it also goes the same distance as dash, and the guardian still has it's normal dodges. This means it has more dodges then the dd dash dp, and with the other tele skills it does move across the map with dd speed and guardian durability.......

by the way, it doesn't get exhaustion when removing a movement condi, nor any penalty.....and this can be reset.

SO, why is daredevil subject to exhaustion? Why does mirage only have 1 dodge? Why do they get exhaustion? It is hilarious, I'm cackling. Guardian mains are now the daredevil, but the Real Devil and better. Just rip stuff off from one and give it to another, and now the daredevil is not played at all except by trash and below. The love and care for the game has been replaced by the bottom line, no wonder all the originals left.

Edited by Mandatory.6590
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5

Exhaustion was much necessary on DD, they were pretty much impossible to catch otherwise. What we got here is simple power creep. Thing needs to have a single use and it'll be fine again. If they want ppl to use it more often they should consider a lower CD of all things rather than ammo.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mandatory.6590 said:

You got the daredevil dash evade that does nothing but give swiftness and remove movement condis, and you get exhaustion.

Now, look the willbender f2 also evades, removes all the movement condis, heals, and then heals more when you attack and it has 2 charges and can be traited to remove 3 other condies.  (two CHARGES....TWO) and then it also goes the same distance as dash, and the guardian still has it's normal dodges. This means it has more dodges then the dd dash dp, and with the other tele skills it does move across the map with dd speed and guardian durability.......

by the way, it doesn't get exhaustion when removing a movement condi, nor any penalty.....and this can be reset.

SO, why is daredevil subject to exhaustion? Why does mirage only have 1 dodge? Why do they get exhaustion? It is hilarious, I'm cackling. Guardian mains are now the daredevil, but the Real Devil and better. Just rip stuff off from one and give it to another, and now the daredevil is not played at all except by trash and below. The love and care for the game has been replaced by the bottom line, no wonder all the originals left.

LOL...everybody knows that Anet never ever ever touch the blue and green child , they have been up there for the last 8 years ?! Expecting equality or (gasp) balance at this point is pure madness

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Dd was top pick, super easy to play and still is easy to play. Now there is willbender so be glad for a change for once, or you still want the dd meta for like the last 7 years? If willbender gets nerfed its just back to the meta we had for all this time. Be happy with meta changes even when some eod specs are busted, it keeps the game fresh

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

21 minutes ago, Solomons.9713 said:

Dd was top pick, super easy to play and still is easy to play. Now there is willbender so be glad for a change for once, or you still want the dd meta for like the last 7 years? If willbender gets nerfed its just back to the meta we had for all this time. Be happy with meta changes even when some eod specs are busted, it keeps the game fresh

Anet: Ok. We have this ultra OP build.

Players: Please nerf!

Anet: Ok. We nerfed it into the ground.

Players: Isnt that a bit much?

Anet: OK. We have this new ultra OP build.

Players: Please nerf. <-- we are here.

Can we not just BALANCE for once?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Its Anets Blue child.

And Anet LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEs its Blue (and green) child.

2 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

LOL...everybody knows that Anet never ever ever touch the blue and green child , they have been up there for the last 8 years ?! Expecting equality or (gasp) balance at this point is pure madness

Except willbender was one of the worst if not worst eod pvp specialization at start..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Mandatory.6590 said:

Not trying to defend wb but you should be glad dash daredevil still has 3 dodges, it deserved the same mirage treatment

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, lotus.5672 said:

Not trying to defend wb but you should be glad dash daredevil still has 3 dodges, it deserved the same mirage treatment

This does not make any sense. It appears that you are absolutely defending WB, and wanting to keep the others in the trash.

Mirage should not have exhaustion, and it should have two dodges. Druid should have its evade back on its staff, daredevil should have no exhaustion or another f-skill giving it stability and healing with ammo counts. I can not believe the absolute hypocrisy when it comes to balancing those classes. They don't even exist.

OR, Flowing resolve should only have 1 count and only remove immobile. Also the courage skill should be increased in CD or unable to inherit the stability. Seems like the best option to me, because I know no one wants to buff daredevil, mirage, or druid. Also, astral form should not have a 20 sec cd, it should be brought down to 10 or removed.

Edited by Mandatory.6590
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

6 hours ago, Solomons.9713 said:

NO.

It should not have toys that others cannot. Give back the toys to everyone, or take them away. Play daredevil if it is so easy to play, I do not see any top thief streamers on DD, only some are playing the specter.

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, Luna.6203 said:

Except willbender was one of the worst if not worst eod pvp specialization at start..

And then they "fixed" that issue with a speed that no other profession (except maybe Necromancer) sees things fixed with.

This confirms Arenanet's blue bias in two ways:

It was unexpectedly under-performing, so it was super-charged to properly over-perform as wanted.

When Guardian has big issues, Arenanet shoves out patches nearly immediately, while other professions have to wait for one of the few and long between regular patches.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 7
  • Confused 4

40 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

And then they "fixed" that issue with a speed that no other profession (except maybe Necromancer) sees things fixed with.

This confirms Arenanet's blue bias in two ways:

It was unexpectedly under-performing, so it was super-charged to properly over-perform as wanted.

When Guardian has big issues, Arenanet shoves out patches nearly immediately, while other professions have to wait for one of the few and long between regular patches.

I think this is because arenanet wont allow new eod profession be that bad. So they emergently boosted it with little bit of overshoot.

Btw looking at your avatar image (spellbreaker). At start of path for fire expansion spellbreaker was GOD in spvp. I know it. It was my main back then. And look where is spellbreaker now..

I bet willbender will end up same.. Itll just takes some time. Actually I liked weak version of willy.. Nobody was playing that. I felt so unique special snowflake ;). Now every team has one with two harbingers supported by core guard. Pff..

14 hours ago, Luna.6203 said:

I think this is because arenanet wont allow new eod profession be that bad. So they emergently boosted it with little bit of overshoot.

Btw looking at your avatar image (spellbreaker). At start of path for fire expansion spellbreaker was GOD in spvp. I know it. It was my main back then. And look where is spellbreaker now..

Then why is Junksworn still junk instead of being addressed appropriately? It's still junk, outside of Shout spam (which is not what most Warrior mains want to play). Outside of Harmbinger and Willbender (which belong to the green and blue love children), there's nothing too over-performing from the new specializations.

Also, you should not assume what someone plays based on the forum avatar. I simply like the design of the Spellbreaker icon. Or do you expect every Choya/Tengu avatar user to somehow play those NPC races?

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

So you compare a class with 3 dodges (swiftness and weakness). Near perma stealth unblockable teleport cc some at least decent damage plus the hardest blindspam in the entire game....... to a class that got only Blocks some blind and decent Ports plus 4 evades? 

Idk both builds mechanics idk are broken. But gues what the willbender one its somewhat more healthy to the game cause we could at least punish it meanwhile a daredevil simply outrun stealth blind or simply ports away. 

EDIT: better willbender than daredevil in my opinion.

BONUS: also do you noticed that guardian at all used to be a hard counter to thiefs? Well gues the Times where it more like daredevil Was the counter to guardian (more or less) somehow now guardian is punish thiefs away on willbender so to me it seems pretty fine.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

So you compare a class with 3 dodges (swiftness and weakness). Near perma stealth unblockable teleport cc some at least decent damage plus the hardest blindspam in the entire game....... to a class that got only Blocks some blind and decent Ports plus 4 evades? 

Idk both builds mechanics idk are broken. But gues what the willbender one its somewhat more healthy to the game cause we could at least punish it meanwhile a daredevil simply outrun stealth blind or simply ports away. 

EDIT: better willbender than daredevil in my opinion.

BONUS: also do you noticed that guardian at all used to be a hard counter to thiefs? Well gues the Times where it more like daredevil Was the counter to guardian (more or less) somehow now guardian is punish thiefs away on willbender so to me it seems pretty fine.

If a willbender decides to leave a fight, you cannot chase them down. Who needs stealth when you have Thunderclap and Flash at your disposal?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

because daredevil got stealth and ground targeted teleport and very good range weapon, that's why.

also willbender will not chase a daredevil simply because it got stealth, basically no one can

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Guardian is favorited by the entire development team and it shows. For years guard necro combo. Can you name another duo in gw2? No you can not.

During HoT, reaper tempest. Double herald,  mesmer thief.

In core, Shoutbow cele engi,  thief cele ele. 

PoF, Holo herald, thief herald, double renegade. 

Yes, guardian has been meta for a while now. But looking back to mota, it wasn't.

It wasn't meta in high tier games during the entirety of HoT. It wasn't great all through PoF either, even though it was extremely dominant at the start of it.