whats the best dueling spec in the current meta other than Bladesworn and Mechanist

LOST.5198

2 hours ago, JunkJunk.8971 said:

Condi virtuoso 

I dont know why you got a confused react. I've literally seen condi virtuosos stall 1v2 and 1v3 for ages lately and I've yet to figure out how it is they're accomplishing this. 

All I know is the virtuoso yells at us to stay away from far and I've learned to listen and leave them alone to do their thing 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

42 minutes ago, thepolishman.2348 said:

mechanist isnt very good 1v1 if u know how to counter it.  Just move out of node when a bunch of circles show up.

Also, virtuoso sucks.  Poe lies.

no he doesnt lie. there is a degenerate virt build and it is build for the sides.

some are saying condi but what it hits me for power and the pathetic damage I do against it makes me believe it is demo.

it won't be long before I post the real deal

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

no he doesnt lie. there is a degenerate virt build and it is build for the sides.

some are saying condi but what it hits me for power and the pathetic damage I do against it makes me believe it is demo.

it won't be long before I post the real deal

I dont know dude.  Maybe its cause i play staff tempest and i'm a hard counter, but virtuoso sucks every time i face it.

• Haha 1

I can perceive it. It is starting...  It's time for a new witch hunt!!! Virtuoso must be caught as soon as possible. He ruthlessly confuses and kills people. Also mesmers still have skills that affect more than five allies/enemies. Sacrilege! We have to annihilate that garbage as soon as possible.  Stealths, blink/teleports,  heals, blocks...
Prepare your weapons! It's time to go, the next balance must eradicate all them of all game modes where they spread their dominance and terror. Throw them on the fire!!! Burn them! 🔥🔥🔥

FOR THE NERF!!!   

Edited by Heika.5403
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Heika.5403 said:

I can perceive it. It is starting...  It's time for a new witch hunt!!! Virtuoso must be caught as soon as possible. He ruthlessly confuses and kills people. Also mesmers still have skills that affect more than five allies/enemies. Sacrilege! We have to annihilate that garbage as soon as possible.  Stealths, blink/teleports,  heals, blocks...
Prepare your weapons! It's time to go, the next balance must eradicate all them of all game modes where they spread their dominance and terror. Throw them on the fire!!! Burn them! 🔥🔥🔥

FOR THE NERF!!!   

Huh??

Everyday is a witch hunt on GW2 PvP forum....the same 10 cats creating 1-2x nerf thread for each class...every other day, it depends against what they lose against yet another side node 1v1 or they get +1 and come to rage/vent on the forums

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

WB - minimum Number of Targets, cleaning condi, puts pressure on team fighter - necro, insta meditation(though meditation can't be insta). In short, a paladin with a bubble at the start of characteristics. Most importantly, because guardian used to be able to kill a ranger tank in medium armor(ranger with cleaning and mobility), probably will kill an untamed as well.
P.S. A person who is just observing without playing pvp. I wish pvp users and attempts to illusory skill start moving the ventari tablet.

Roamers is an Anet's feature, if anything, you can always run away. If he presses the thief you can draw your own conclusion. The warrior is who should put pressure on the thief and on mobility. (Not BS. BS as anti-mobility should counter his own warrior).

Edited by DomHemingway.8436

15 hours ago, JunkJunk.8971 said:

They heal off condi damage, have blocks, invis and other shields..     But that is fine.. folks can be "confused" because that means less chance of nerfs

well yeah i'm really confused because healing something like 30 hp per second is not something id say to argue a spec is too strong

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, LOST.5198 said:

appreciate the answers but still no clear answer which is the top dueling classes in the current meta 

If by dueling you mean 1v1s that can actually end, its very matchup dependent. It would be hard to label one as the best. If you go by teapots latest tournament and the MAT then its vindicator but that is mainly just to hold a node and stall.

• Like 1

Not Vindi.

* Is easily downed when faces 2 foes, specially if they are WB or Harbingers in any combination.

* Does no damage while defends, and its attacks are very telegraphed.

* Has barely any ranged damage to pressure foes.

Yes, is hard to kill. But at the same time is bad at killing others. Currently seing the MAT, and during the evening plenty of glass cannon builds seemed confy 1 vs 1 Vindis.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

[the following two are NOT duelling specs, but they counter /are good against the most popular sidenode options]

weird flex.... but P/D Condithief wins alot of its 1v1s in the current meta.... just saying.... You are gonna hit a brickwall when trying to kill a good Harbinger... but everything else is dead pretty fast! (people are simply not used to condithiefs anymore i guess)

and another weird flex.... Sicem Soulbeast is very strong against Harbinger/Willbender/Vindicator and Virtuoso... aka. you surprisingly win alot of your "sidenode 1vs1´s" altho you are a roamer/DPS! In my humble opinion the "sidenoders" are a species that is going extinct at the moment.  Is that just me? I feel like people are gravitating to teams with 1sup / 2 Dps / 2 roamer.

The most reasonable answer would be Vindicator tho... or Condi Preparation spectre. <--- this one is mad strong! Or your typical "Willywonka" and "Garbinger". But in all honesty... Try Soulbeast... it counters Harbinger and Willywonka... what else could one ask for in this current meta!? 😄

Edited by Sahne.6950