In spvp all classes are fulfilling their themed roles

warrior: big and dumb immobilizing themselves as a part of their morning routine 

guardian: the best (heal) support

rev: dying (going to the mists)

ranger: running away

engineer: lighting themselves on fire (at least in holosmith)

thief: stabbing people in the back

mesmer: making people confused

necro: making everybody scared of them (both the player (because it is overtuned) and the character (fear cc effect))

elementalist: ???

I just can't find a significant role for elementalist. Blowing bubbles (tempest)? throwing down ridiculously small fields (sword: flame uprising, lava font) or ridiculously large fields that do nothing ( staff: meteor shower, healing rain)? giving crit on next attack to allies (arcane power)?

does anyone have suggestions?

Edited by Infinity.2876
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 4

Warrior: Stalwart warriors against the violent uncultured masses. Heresy is Punishable by 30 seconds of hard CC 🙏

Guardian: Guarding the gates to viability from the lesser classes. 

Necromancer: Killing fun and raising a rotting mess in its place

Thief: Sneaking their way into viability land after Anet tries to kick them out

Engineer: Building an elaborate coffin to bury their core spec. 

Elementalist: Bending the salty tears of everyone that still dies to one. 

Revenant: Channeling the power of a dead playerbase to grow stronger

Mesmer: Throwing sparkles and glitter then hitting self in confusion. 

Ranger: "Shhh, I'm hunting Necwos..."

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

Warrior: Screams I gonna hit you, before he hits you.
Rev: Warrior who replaced the air in their head with LSD.
Thief: Takes your stuff the second you stop looking at it.
Ranger: Literal furry.
Engineer: Introvert shut-in, refuses to leave his point.
Mesmer: 100% Lore accurate.
Ele: The one mage in gaming who realized a thin robe and a fancy stick aren't sufficient for a battlefield.
Guardian: Proof that god exists and he does care.
Necro: And so does the devil.

Edited by Albi.7250
  • Haha 11

8 hours ago, Infinity.2876 said:

warrior: big and dumb

necro: making everybody scared of them (both the player (because it is overtuned) and the character (fear cc effect))

I just can't find a significant role for elementalist. Blowing bubbles (tempest)? throwing down ridiculously small fields (sword: flame uprising, lava font) or ridiculously large fields that do nothing ( staff: meteor shower, healing rain)? giving crit on next attack to allies (arcane power)?

What are you talking about? Ele clearly does have a role: it's the only class that can activate "PvP Challenge Mode" for the team! That power is so unique that ANet keep nerfing it in fear it will bring more tears.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Infinity.2876 said:

Eles role is annoying people when they use vapor form when downed and go inside portal so they cant be killed

On 6/4/2022 at 9:30 PM, Infinity.2876 said:

LOLOL, good one. That right there speak in volume!!!! WTF is an elementalist? Are they mages or weather forecasters? Today will be scorching hot, tomorrow expect snow, all of next week will be arid and dry with chances of thunderstorms. 

In WvW double meteor shower Cata "may" be an asset depending on your commander. 

• Haha 1

On 6/4/2022 at 4:48 PM, Mini Crinny.6190 said:

Eles role is annoying people when they use vapor form when downed and go inside portal so they cant be killed

This is true to a T. Which is why I've taken liberty to Magebane tethering downed eles near tower portals, and yoinking them back before they ever reach it, or immob if I have it.

On 6/4/2022 at 9:30 PM, Infinity.2876 said:

That ele description made my day. Funny guy, OP 

Re: warriors - Not sure about their size as some may play Asura, however, if you read the comments of warrior mains, I wouldn't say they're dumb, quite the contrary. If you meant how the class is designed by the devs - then yeah, I'm w you 100%. Im not a warrior main but played a bit of it pre HoT and made a complaint how the class felt gutted back in 2015. Little did we know it was better off then, than whatever is left of it now. 

• Thanks 3

On 6/8/2022 at 8:34 AM, Pimsley.3681 said:

That ele description made my day. Funny guy, OP 

Re: warriors - Not sure about their size as some may play Asura, however, if you read the comments of warrior mains, I wouldn't say they're dumb, quite the contrary. If you meant how the class is designed by the devs - then yeah, I'm w you 100%. Im not a warrior main but played a bit of it pre HoT and made a complaint how the class felt gutted back in 2015. Little did we know it was better off then, than whatever is left of it now. 

Warrior mains do wish to UNGA BUNGA, you can see it in all threads that veer into berserker talk(and even berserker can't unga bunga), but for some reason Anet does not let warrior UNGA BUNGA like all other professions and forces the chess style play of knowing how all other builds work so you can have an answer to the situation, push and pull, but with time everything started doing 15 things per second and the only answer became kiting.  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Warrior mains do wish to UNGA BUNGA, you can see it in all threads that veer into berserker talk(and even berserker can't unga bunga), but for some reason Anet does not let warrior UNGA BUNGA like all other professions and forces the chess style play of knowing how all other builds work so you can have an answer to the situation, push and pull, but with time everything started doing 15 things per second and the only answer became kiting.  

I don't think Anet will allow warriors to Unga Bunga and they expect you guys to wear a tuxedo after 6pm for the evening cocktail party at private hotel lounge, sipping on cognac or 18yr old single malt whiskey. 

• Haha 1

On 6/4/2022 at 9:45 PM, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Support tempest is the only elementalist build anet has acknowledged in the last 4 years.

Ohh... how much i wish this was true...

Elementalist

Elementalist is another profession getting a pair of adjustments to some of its more potent ranged damage skills, namely Meteor Shower and the Firestorm from Fiery Greatsword.

• Meteor Shower: Reduced power coefficient from 1.1 to 0.88 in WvW only.
  • Firestorm (Conjure Fiery Greatsword): Reduced maximum number of targets struck from 10 to 5 in WvW only.
  • Fiery Eruption (Conjure Fiery Greatsword): Reduced maximum number of targets struck from 10 to 5 in WvW only
  • Confused 1