You can turn DE meta into a loot train now

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

While it's convenient to just say "google it!", there's no way to find a lie you made up, sorry.

It really doesn't matter to me anymore. I was just venting my frustration. While they didn't say brain dead way of playing game, they did say "play the way you want" which doesn't work anymore.  Too much flash, aoe circles and boon based game for openworld is not my style. I am not afraid of challenging game, in fact it's the opposite. I just don't like cheap challenge which I find GW2 is over saturated at this point.

I am on verge of quitting this game. I don't like the way game is taking its direction.  But, If you like it, good for you and hopefully you can enjoy many years to come. In the meantime, keep game healthy for all of us. Who knows, I might come back someday again.

• Like 9
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Well as long as you don't spam CCs when they're not needed we're good. And everyone dies every now and then.

It also helps if you supply boons and whatnot to neighbors. It's not all about damage. Even the most wet noodle of people will still do damage when given a bunch of might, fury, etc. Something like pack runes can work pretty good because it doesn't require any interaction.

I mostly play my specter these days, it give heaps of boons with an aoe skill.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Raizel.8175 said:

If you've ever played any RPG, GW2s build and equipment system won't be rocket since or witchcraft for you. Stats are pretty much self-explanatory and if you bother to read traits, you'll realize that there are pretty obvious choices for whatever kind of playstyle you wish to play. The main issue with GW2 is simply that a lot of people simply don't want to use their brain - in spite of the game harassing you both with the training and the build tab in the hero panel on several occasions.

To be fair there is not much cause to study calculus if you will (almost) never encounter math more advanced than 2+2=4. So by the time a player encounters content that would actually benefit reading your traits, skills, etc many players have been taught to ignore them because the effort is wasted.

Most (not all of course) of the 1111 comments Ive seen over the months and years has been negative commentary about the content of the game requiring no more, not about the players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

33 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

If the game also advertises thay you will always should be happy to see another player in OW (any player), then yes, that does mean exactly that.

That statement has never been true due to scaling. Too many AFKs, low DPS, etc, and an event can go from a guaranteed win to a guaranteed fail. Scaling needs to be changed to factor individual contribution, then it wouldn't matter who showed up, but that'll realistically never happen.

• Like 4
  • Confused 7

11 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Well as long as you don't spam CCs when they're not needed we're good. And everyone dies every now and then.

It also helps if you supply boons and whatnot to neighbors. It's not all about damage. Even the most wet noodle of people will still do damage when given a bunch of might, fury, etc. Something like pack runes can work pretty good because it doesn't require any interaction.

Hold up, are you saying when I use LB4 on a mob that is about to die that someone else is melee on it - it was the wrong thing to do? 🙂

Though I will admit, you really do need to learn like what each button does off by heart essentially, like using sword on my Ranger, and yeeting myself off edges to deaths is common when learning. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 6/5/2022 at 9:34 AM, rune.9572 said:

Hardcore players have moved on. It's not prestigious anymore so I think it's fine to allow everyone to 111 it now.

What if we could used as an experiment ?

We let the community vote in-game about a new mechanic called "By the people for the people ...Eagle! ". Where people are freely to use  a new mechanic :(

a) You must use a Template code for an Low requirement  build , that has Exotic gear , or another  link for Ach

b) Utilities are free of your choice

c) the system checks  occasionally if you use this Template)

With the goal , whoever wants to participate , he gets 1 LI (raid currecny) for whatever contents he wants to plays and he can unlocks the Raid set, without stepping on Raids ever , but has quadruple  the LI needed .

Edit: And if we want  to make it more seductive , then we bent the rules and we only allow the DPSmetes for personal uses  - no linking in the chat  (FullMetal Alcemist -  The law of equivalent exchange)

As a result , people across the game will increase their damage and people can get in their hands a long-term goal without content they don't like

(if the damage increases ,so will be the health of the future bosses to keep the feeling of "danger clutch time" ? People will be forced to use SC builds then ?

Or as Teapot said : some will carry the rest ? And in the future some casual will get bored and will want "more from their life" , replacing the 1st "burned" wave of people that carried them)

Edited by Solitude.2097
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

16 hours ago, Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

It really doesn't matter to me anymore. I was just venting my frustration. While they didn't say brain dead way of playing game, they did say "play the way you want" which doesn't work anymore.  Too much flash, aoe circles and boon based game for openworld is not my style. I am not afraid of challenging game, in fact it's the opposite. I just don't like cheap challenge which I find GW2 is over saturated at this point.

I am on verge of quitting this game. I don't like the way game is taking its direction.  But, If you like it, good for you and hopefully you can enjoy many years to come. In the meantime, keep game healthy for all of us. Who knows, I might come back someday again.

The out of context "play the way you want" bit was never about you being able to randomly click a random trait and a random skill and succeed anything no matter what anyways, despite how this quote is kept getting used nowadays on this forum in an effort to claim just that.

7 hours ago, Healix.5819 said:

That statement has never been true due to scaling. Too many AFKs, low DPS, etc, and an event can go from a guaranteed win to a guaranteed fail. Scaling needs to be changed to factor individual contribution, then it wouldn't matter who showed up, but that'll realistically never happen.

Correct. And it was already explained to him pretty recently in another thread. Apparently it doesn't matter and he'll keep repeating those empty phrases that were never true and complain that they're... still not true, I guess? 😄

19 hours ago, Erise.5614 said:

I'm sorry. But which is it?

Does the build include DPS? Is it optimized to deal DPS beyond what poor builds deal?

Um... you keep using that "optimized" word in your last few posts... And each time I read your sentences including it, I'm getting increasingly convinced it doesn't mean what you think it means. Just because something includes dps, doesn't mean it's optimized for dps.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The out of context "play the way you want" bit was never about you being able to randomly click a random trait and a random skill and succeed anything no matter what anyways, despite how this quote is kept getting used nowadays on this forum in an effort to claim just that.

Not always everywhere.

But that is how it played out for story and almost all of OW.  You can play in the way you want. Using any build and any trait setup. And you'd still have a good time. 

It is a quite small amount of players who want to have a completely different OW experience, which is indistinguishable from any other while being, necessarily, exclusionary to the people who enjoyed the above mentioned style of content and gameplay. 

10 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Um... you keep using that "optimized" word... And pretty sure it doesn't mean what you think it means. Just because something includes dps, doesn't mean it's optimized for dps.

You know. It might actually be different. Coming from programming optimizing means to improve performance. To improve an aspect of something. 

Though looking it up it is also defined as perfecting the use / perfecting the efficiency.

When I say optimizing beyond the OW average I mean one has to make choices that are more optimal in regards to DPS output than most players end up making.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Erise.5614 said:

Not always everywhere.

And that's the complaint right now too, although it was never true. Which is exactly the point, so it would be enough to write that you agree with what I wrote. 🤨 

11 minutes ago, Erise.5614 said:

But that is how it played out for story and almost all of OW.  You can play in the way you want.

And it still does. This meta has nothing to do with actual story content. You don't even need to ever participate in this meta to finish the full story. But the complaint here isn't about "most content" or "story", it's that "it's not always true and they said it will be!". It was never true. You know it, I know it, Astralp knows it. And yet he'll keep comming back with this quote and pretend that it was ever actually factual and somehow just changed now. But it wasn't and didn't.

You know. It might actually be different.

Yeah, it is. Including dps -or its modifiers- in a build doesn't mean it's optimized for dps.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And that's the complaint right now too, although it was never true. Which is exactly the point, so it would be enough to write that you agree with what I wrote. 🤨 

What OW content wasn't possible to do with any build back when the game released?

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Dodge mechanics still on point, I see. Guess I'll have to learn from you 😄

8 minutes ago, Erise.5614 said:

What OW content wasn't possible to do with any build back when the game released?

This is what you yourself wrote above:

23 minutes ago, Erise.5614 said:

But that is how it played out for story and almost all of OW.

If you've played at that time, you should be able to think of events/bosses that were failing. If you didn't play... hf with your research.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And it still does. This meta has nothing to do with actual story content. You don't even need to ever participate in this meta to finish the full story. But the complaint here isn't about "most content" or "story", it's that "it's not always true and they said it will be!". It was never true. You know it, I know it, Astralp knows it. And yet he'll keep comming back with this quote and pretend that it was ever actually factual and somehow just changed now. But it wasn't and didn't.

Yeah, it is. Including dps -or its modifiers- in a build doesn't mean it's optimized for dps.

This meta has not to do anything with the story ?

In wich part when the devs said " "it will be the conclusion of 10 year story" didnt you get the memo?

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Dodge mechanics still on point, I see. Guess I'll have to learn from you 😄

This is what you yourself wrote above:

If you've played at that time, you should be able to think of events/bosses that were failing. If you didn't play... hf with your research.

I said "almost" thinking specifically about TT. I'm pretty sure it's not possible to beat it if all players have poorly preforming builds. Though that did not exist upon release. 

But good to know you can't think of any either! 

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

This meta has not to do anything with the story ?

In wich part when the devs said " "it will be the conclusion of 10 year story" didnt you get the memo?

Yes, the story is separate from the meta event itself. If you still somehow fail to understand why or how, start a new playthrough and follow the green markers. You finishing the story has no connection to you actually participating in that meta event. Talk about "missing the memo" 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yes, the story is separate from the meta event itself. If you still somehow fail to understand why or how, start a new playthrough and follow the green markers. You finishing the story has no connection to you actually participating in that meta event. Talk about "missing the memo" 🤦‍♂️

And yet the devs when describing the meta they said that "its the epiq finale of the 10 story" .

Not its a hardmode (CM) for the story.

Or we want to teach them to git gud

So you try to spread  lies

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Erise.5614 said:

I said "almost" thinking specifically about TT. I'm pretty sure it's not possible to beat it if all players have poorly preforming builds. Though that did not exist upon release. 

Yeee, keep thinking 😄

And even with that one example you know it was not true in core. Suddenly repeating that out of context sentence is supposed to show what exactly? Again, that it's still not true after 10 years?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

And yet the devs when describing the meta they said that "its the epiq finale of the 10 story" .

Not its a hardmode (CM) for the story.

Or we want to teach them to git gud

Do you understand what the "story content" means in this game? Beacuse you seem to not understand it in an attempt to find any strawman you can. Just because the boss is used both in story content and in an OW meta, doesn't mean that both are the same. Honestly, this is really not that complicated. You literally have the "Story journal" to pinpoint what the "story content" actually is -and again(x2? x3?) you don't need to ever participate in that meta to finish the story.

So you try to spread  lies

😂

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Story_Journal

Ok, buddy, hilarious bait. Go re(?)play the story now, since apparently you've missed the point.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1