Jade bot: Personal Waypoint Suggestion

It would get alot more uses if we could use it across different maps, specially with a 10minute recharge on it. Or at least change it's cooldown to work when you cast it, not use it, which probably isnt doable cuz of coding. I also would like to suggest the cooldown to be set globally across all your characters. I mean if you set it to J to use it, that is set globally to all characters so it only makes sense the cooldown should be as well. Could change it's casting time to 1sec since it's just a QoL thing but even with the recharge or only just in 1 map use still don't see it getting used as much as it should be.

It was the only mastery in EoD i was excited to get because of how the skill description reads. But it was just a huge disappointment when i did finally get it, I'm sure there are other tweaks they could make to it of course, just as it is it's just a wasteful mastery. Only time i've used it was for the dragon's end meta lol

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

Wait doesn't it work outside of EoD? I've never tried i just assumed it did.. as boats and fishing does.. Why was it even a mastery then.

It works in rest of tyria, but what i meant by across different maps, is placing it in eod map for example, then going to teq and using your waypoint to get back to eod

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Odin the exiled.5764 said:

It works in rest of tyria, but what i meant by across different maps, is placing it in eod map for example, then going to teq and using your waypoint to get back to eod

Exactly this; would actually make it useful and worth the mastery points spent.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Yes, yes, so much yes!

It's a mastery i forget i had, why is it even a mastery if it can't port you between maps?

Like, I have enough waypoints within a map to go where I want and the rest can be traversed with mounts.

And 99% of the time when you go somewhere - for example, to put your waypoint down - there's usually no reason to go back there. 

Like you're there already, you do the thing you went there for and go away, personal waypoint is such a niche use i almost never use it.q

But it it would work across maps, that would be useful! Especially with the insane EoD to central Tyria cost. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

At first I thought it was a permament wp, be it per char or per account, working even if I moved to a different map. It turned out to be a disappointment since it not just has 10 mins cd but it's a single use. I've used it just twice, once in Kaineng to try it out and another time at DE meta. I never remember about it tbh, it has so little use with this design.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, daninumbers.4036 said:

it has so little use with this design.

Actually it is quite useful in DE meta. You get a fast res point for the last phase. I normally use it for every meta event to get a  waypoint nearby. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

Actually it is quite useful in DE meta. You get a fast res point for the last phase. I normally use it for every meta event to get a  waypoint nearby. 

That's what I'd use it for. But it's 1 use and the ewp is a few seconds away.

If they were worried about a permanent wp that could break things like jps (not like mesmers don't let you bypass them), just add wp blocking in the same areas that glider and mounts are blocked. But 1 use just while you are in the map and instance and 10 minutes cd makes it fairly useless to me besides that 1 free rez. That could be the issue too, planting a wp right there and instantly getting up over and over again. On paper it sounds like a great idea but so many problems that render it either op or quite useless.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, daninumbers.4036 said:

I never remember about it tbh, it has so little use with this design.

Same.  I tried it the day I got the mastery, and accidentally placed it next to a regular waypoint.  A little while later I thought I'd port to it just to make sure it works. It was already gone and so was my one and only effort to use it lol. 

• Like 7

i barely remember it exists, honestly, outside of placing it just in case i fully die fighting Claw of Jormag. if it had more than one TP in it for the duration that it sticks around, it would be a lot more useful for meta events, but with the 10 min CD on top of only being able to use it once, it's a really flimsy safety net that most people aren't going to bother with (as shown with the replies to this thread).

(i do wish it was more useful though, it's a great concept with some unfortunate cons.)

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Giovanelli.6071 said:

i barely remember it exists, honestly, outside of placing it just in case i fully die fighting Claw of Jormag. if it had more than one TP in it for the duration that it sticks around, it would be a lot more useful for meta events, but with the 10 min CD on top of only being able to use it once, it's a really flimsy safety net that most people aren't going to bother with (as shown with the replies to this thread).

(i do wish it was more useful though, it's a great concept with some unfortunate cons.)

Yea I guess Anet want to tone down the rez rush on bosses.

On 6/6/2022 at 9:40 PM, Duglaive.5236 said:

Exactly this; would actually make it useful and worth the mastery points spent.

It really would help, especially so I don't have to go to Arborstone, then to another point, and back, etc.  

I wouldn't mind if it reset every map change as well.  

• Like 3

As it is, it's pretty much just a free rez for when there isn't a waypoint or when the waypoint is contested, on a 10 min cooldown. I also think the cooldown should be on a per map basis, especially if it doesn't carry over between maps. Every time I do use it, by the time I feel the need to use it again, it's still on cooldown as all the mount variety makes map traversal pretty quick if you know what you're doing. Like sure, I can use it to save on a port fee once every so often, but that isn't efficient use as it's more useful as a free rez. As a result, since it's more often than not on CD when I do try to use it regularly, I pretty much forget it exists after the initial use.

Just so it's said, someone who is good with Griffon/Roller Beetle can usually cross from one side of any map to the other in under a minute. Sometimes even under 30 seconds.

Edited by Fan Didly Tastic.7169
Typo
  • Like 3

I usually use it when doing certain achievements which easily fail and you need to get back on a certain spot. 

But yeah. Kind of a dissapointment that it was a single use. 

I think it would be an idea if it stays permanent, but with a cooldown. Meaning that when you die the first time, you can instantly respawn. Second time (for example) 10 sec. 3th time 20 sec. Etc.. in this way it isnt single use. But it also doesnt give an endless respawn option. 

For me it doesnt have to be across maps, but it would be a nice QoL. 

Edited by Cronospere.8143
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I honestly forget it exists. I only use it consistently as a quick respawn point in Soo Won. The only other time I used it outside of that battle was to be able to get the coins in the Caldera in Ember Bay and still be able to return to get the chest. Which failed because I fell and by teleporting I had reset the progress 🤣.

I could have completed the jumping puzzle and gone for the coins after. So...

• Like 2