Dungeon Token Change

Having to redo dungeons to regain access to legendary components I've bought several times before is not good news. I've completed all dungeons related achievs, I'm not interested in doing all these runs again just to unlock items I had unlocked before this maj...

Edited by Eclipsiste.3251
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

2 minutes ago, Eclipsiste.3251 said:

Having to redo dungeons to regain access to legendary components I've bought several times before is not good news. I've completed all dungeons related achievs, I'm not interested in doing all these runs again just to unlock items I had unlocked before this maj...

Are you sure?

• To purchase exotic armor, weapons, and legendary gifts from dungeon merchants, players are now required to complete the dungeon explorable mode associated with the item.
    • Note: Accounts that have already completed any story mode or explorable path before this change are exempt from this requirement.
  • Confused 1

What components do you mean? The gifts? I just checked and I can buy them just like before. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Ultramex.1506 said:

Are you sure?

• To purchase exotic armor, weapons, and legendary gifts from dungeon merchants, players are now required to complete the dungeon explorable mode associated with the item.
    • Note: Accounts that have already completed any story mode or explorable path before this change are exempt from this requirement.

Yes I am... I'm at the merchant right now and all items are greyed out with the indication to do the related dungeon 4 times to be able to buy them 😕

• Like 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Yes I am... I'm at the merchant right now and all items are greyed out with the indication to do the related dungeon 4 times to be able to buy them 😕

Ask support then,  take a pic of your Dungeon Master achievement

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

What components do you mean? The gifts? I just checked and I can buy them just like before. 

I just checked again, going to the merchant with the character I used for most dungeons... Same result: all items greyed out. I can't buy anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

Brilliant idea by Anet! Now all the longer and harder paths will be completely abandoned 😘

As opposed to last week when LFG was filled with groups all competing for players to run those dungeons?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

This change is so sad. I get that they would want to simplify the currencies or whatever but I think this does more harm than good.

1. Dungeoneer title becomes way easier to get and less prestigious, which is unfair to us who spent a lot of time in every dungeon in the game to get it.
  2. There is now no reason to ever return to any of the longer or less easy dungeons such as Arah unless you really like playing them. The few people who actually did farm HotW or Arah for tokens will completely abandon them cause now you can just do Ascalonian Catacombs and Twilight Arbor instead. The change will just make the amount of people playing dungeons even lower than it already is.

I hope ANet would do something like fractals where you have 3 different dungeon paths being daily with extra rewards so maybe people could start doing daily dungeons *hopium*. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

Oh. "any" - I see. It means with me having completed the personal story (Arah story mode - soloable) ... I can still buy the legendary gifts. (Mainly interesting thing for me.) Does not apply to the armor though - which I probably still will farm slowly with PvP reward tracks lol.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jokuc.3478 said:

There is now no reason to ever return to any of the longer or less easy dungeons such as Arah unless you really like playing them.

Arah is basically the main victim of this patch. Maybe I'm a bit masochistic, but no more Lupus A**holicus is making me kinda sad. ...and the undead chicken, oh... the undead chicken... What have we lost...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eclipsiste.3251 said:

The forum mob is confusey facing you but there is  bug that is causing your issue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I hope ANet would do something like fractals where you have 3 different dungeon paths being daily with extra rewards so maybe people could start doing daily dungeons *hopium*. 

This. Or at least more frequent daily dungeon but with specific path and some decent rewards.

• Haha 1

This change is so sad. I get that they would want to simplify the currencies or whatever but I think this does more harm than good.

1. Dungeoneer title becomes way easier to get and less prestigious, which is unfair to us who spent a lot of time in every dungeon in the game to get it.
  2. There is now no reason to ever return to any of the longer or less easy dungeons such as Arah unless you really like playing them. The few people who actually did farm HotW or Arah for tokens will completely abandon them cause now you can just do Ascalonian Catacombs and Twilight Arbor instead. The change will just make the amount of people playing dungeons even lower than it already is.

1) Prestige cannot be less than 0. There is no prestige for having completed lower difficulty dead content.

2) Peoe doing dungeons because they enjoy them is not a bad thing. I may have missed something because I honestly didnt see anything indicating that you now get credit for completion of one dungeon by doing another.

• Confused 2

There is a bug that the merchant instead of looking at the total achievement it is looking at the character to unlock. You have to speak to the vendor with the character you have actually unlocked all the paths the first time around. After than the items will be unlocked for every character. If you have unlocked the paths with more than one character just speak with the vendor with each one.

Like look up and try things out before you have a meltdown. One way or the other they will probably have a hotfix about it soon.

Edited by Turin.6921
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Eclipsiste.3251 said:

Nice... I posted a support ticket... The only reply I got was "you need to redo the dungeons"

It's possible their support staff doesn't yet realize there's a bug with this release.

You're not the only person reporting that the exemption for existing accounts is not applying correctly. Some are speculating that you need to visit the vendor on a character who has done the related dungeon paths, but even if so, ArenaNet's patch notes directly state that your entire account should be eligible for those purchases. Sounds broken to me, and I hope they fix it soon.

Ask for your ticket to be elevated, submit a bug report, and also consider adding your experience to this thread in the bug section of the forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/8/2022 at 6:06 AM, Eclipsiste.3251 said:

Nice... I posted a support ticket... The only reply I got was "you need to redo the dungeons"

WTF Anet? This game is already time consuming, I have no interest in redoing something I stopped doing years ago. You just made tokens unusable for me.

I reran HotW 9 times today ( 3 x 3 explorable) and nothing unlocked. Like wtf??????????????????????????????????????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1