balance is awful please hire people that play multiple classes in wvw

Loke.1429

On 6/19/2022 at 3:52 PM, Svarty.8019 said:

Promote Karl McLain! He's been a loyal and (I can't believe I'm saying it, but here goes) competent employee for a vast amount of time. Please give him the promotion he (and we) deserves!

Idk why you got the confused responses to this. 
I worked at anet and we would obviously had internal play tests fighting each other in spvp etc. Karl was legit one of maybe a handful of people who knew how to play.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 6/20/2022 at 9:22 AM, Hotride.2187 said:

Just get the designer/developer staff (but don't touch the environment/artist staff, they are amazing) to do weekly gvgs vs the hardcore gvg guilds (I'd say do blob fights but there won't be enough staff...). And then make them solo roam for a couple of hours.

You know so its not just the players who suffer.

That's not enough. They need to play only the classes they have nerfed into ground and are now unplayable in each game mode. And lets see them clearing the new strikes CMs with core classes or a setup of our choosing that is able to provide all the standard boons. I'd watch a stream of that.

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/20/2022 at 8:05 AM, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

People willfully ignoring that CMC, the PvP Balance dev…designed the classes. 

one instance of proof: mobility was creeped. He even stated this on stream. This is not even a bad thing but it is one of the philosophies incorporated in the design. Where does mobility actually matter? It’s definitely NOT PVE…so stop using this excuse

Maybe open world? Open World is the most commonly played content and most of it is about getting around quickly since enemies die so fast.

I mean maybe it wasn't designed for  PvE. But I can tell you where it's not designed for-- WvW.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

i just want to play new builds, the current ones feel like they've been played for 2+ years with very minor/no changes.

from a wvw perspective eod was terrible, truly terrible and now this circus of a patch that functionally will impact very little in the meta and from all the leaks etc that the devs running the balance don't even understand the classes! what are we doing here?

Edited by RlyOsim.2497
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 6/22/2022 at 6:56 AM, Sahfur.5612 said:

I kinda predicted cele harbinger early on in the betas.

Just be glad they nerfed torment runes set bonus or it would have been even stronger at small scale/roaming.

They caught it in time though, but not before I took it for a test run in one of the betas. XD

It is fair for you to say that is mostly in small scale and roaming though, so I don't necessarily disagree there.

It might be hard to balance each way of playing the game but at least an attempt to somewhat balance some outliers should be made, imo. I do not think small scale and roaming is entirely irrelevant to balancing at all.

I do think it should be made a little less autopilot but it isn't the only build with that problem, it certainly makes a good example in the niche it is used though.

Edit:

I just hope they don't go TOO far with any of the upcoming nerfs because classes should have options in various niches that are strong. Strong, not autopilot. Some stuff definitely needs tuned down though.

I also hope they don't ruin even more core classes viability to balance the new specs. They have history doing that...

I agree with the overall sentiment of the thread, they need to hire people who play all the stuff and have them participate in each niche of wvw so they get a better idea where each spec should go without making them useless or too dominant.

they completely messed up once agian simply. they nerfed its power dmg a bit and its mobility of the leap, beta one made much more sense ngl

if anything, condi dmg needs like 80% dmg output reduction. anet completely messed that up - once f#cking again. nerfing harbinger powerdps factors is just another unlogic turn. harb is worst necro yet, maybe competing with reaper for that place 😛

they only need ppl that are not complete casuals on all fields in wvw. which they currently likely have. theres no way any sane mind thinks ranger, thief, engi damage variants are fine in wvw, absurd...

like most nerfs been directed to zerg dps builds, few to zerg sustain. now scrapper got another hit with this upcoming nerf. maybe we'll just run two scrappers in the future ngl. makes more sense than a nerfed spellbreaker, weaver or tempest (alac in comped groups makes no sense bc u have different cooldowns then)

technically extra tempest may work now, though didn't its healing abilites or sth alike get busted if u pick the alac rune? not a ele main here 😛 but i think i read sth alike in the patchnotes

btw what are ppl just talking about? a balance in open world? u pranking me or what, u can play in openworld with any random build and gear, there's ppl around u to carry u anyways...

and @Hotride.2187 they have free transfers and anything, nothing would hinder them to just join the strongest blobs during primetime to check the stats there. discord servers on EU are pretty well organized for open content, anet devs shouldn't have any issues getting to see how things work and how problematic and unbalanced clouds and siege atm are, ngl

also its superweird how the keep/guild auras aren't touched despite most dmg got gutted - and why siege dmg and target caps for some weird reason won't get target caps. makes zero sense right?. like, who of anet saw that and was like "yep, smart thing, i like it"

Edited by kamikharzeeh.8016
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 6/20/2022 at 6:38 PM, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

PS: Small miscommunication, but CMC didn’t design the classes he designed the EOD elite specs. 

He may have designed some EOD elite specs but for example Harbinger, Virtuoso and Mechanist were designed by another member of the team (who said so on Reddit).

Edited by Sonderm.4639
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Sonderm.4639 said:

He may have designed some EOD elite specs but for example Harbinger, Virtuoso and Mechanist were designed by another member of the team (who said so on Reddit).

Yes we know...

This doesn't change anything I said. They powercreeped mobility and this is stated by CMC on the stream where they introduced the specs. Nobody cares about mobility in PVE. Mobility only matters in WvW and in sPvP. CMC is the PvP balance dev. Put 2 and 2 together.

They should actually change their company policy since they won't find hardworking coder that is also passionate about competitive gaming.

Hire 2 people: well spoken (direct, not empty talk) logical visionary that plays WvW at high level and a hardworking coder under him. Both relatively young so they have passion. These 2 young lads would fix the game in no time.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Threather.9354 said:

Hire 2 people: well spoken (direct, not empty talk) logical visionary that plays WvW at high level and a hardworking coder under him. Both relatively young so they have passion. These 2 young lads would fix the game in no time.

Next patch

All classes except guardian has been deleted because our balance guy made a really well spoken argument about how its his favorite and his entire team agreed with him.

- Elementalist now does 60% less damage on all skills. You cant play it since its deleted but for transparency we felt the need to clarify that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Next patch

All classes except guardian has been deleted because our balance guy made a really well spoken argument about how its his favorite and his entire team agreed with him.

- Elementalist now does 60% less damage on all skills. You cant play it since its deleted but for transparency we felt the need to clarify that

That is the case if you hire wrong illogical emotional guy. What you need to do is appoint the right king that won't bring the country to its ruin. 

it's simply too easy to play, bursts too fast and with too high coefficients, still has tons of self boonloading and dmg negation, which is off considering most classes got heavy nerfed in plain dmg output

which is to be fair also the case for many condi builds. that stuff isn't balanced at all and encourages solo ramboism, since these ppl can also focus on sloting movement skills and run bunker armor on their conditanks

thief kinda seems to have gotten their nerf, by removing the permastealth, from the recent ones i've seen

• Confused 2

On 6/29/2022 at 8:37 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Next patch

- Elementalist now does 60% less damage on all skills. You cant play it since its deleted but for transparency we felt the need to clarify that.

Huh, I thought that was coming either way? What changed by hiring the 2 guys.