Anet, Was this patch made by 9 different teams?

Galisaa.8304

Nothing makes. Everything is inconsistent.

Warrior 5% crit on condition line?

Ranges free 100% alac compared to Revenent 1.5 sec quick?

Multiple traits becoming copy+paste. Give buff passively.

Making a skill massively different between game modes (Mantra of Solace)?

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Would love to see a dev response.  Mods have been removing a lot, but over on reddit, there is a TON of anger, confusion, panic, and stress regarding these changes.  I think some comment from the devs would go a long way to build goodwill with the community right now.  

I've said it before and I've said it again, we need public test servers.

• Like 21
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, wraith.7243 said:

Would love to see a dev response.  Mods have been removing a lot, but over on reddit, there is a TON of anger, confusion, panic, and stress regarding these changes.  I think some comment from the devs would go a long way to build goodwill with the community right now.  

That's why they drop the notes on a friday, don't need to deal with the backlash. 

• Like 15
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, ixon.2496 said:

That's why they drop the notes on a friday, don't need to deal with the backlash. 

Oh man. They could have dropped them on Tuesday with the patch instead of giving us a preview. They gave us a preview, everybody is raging. What they do, they only can do wrong it seems. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Galisaa.8304 said:

Warrior 5% crit on condition line?

Not the 1st time that I hear that... but from wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arms

"Arms specialization improves your ability to inflict bleeding on foes as well as your critical hit chance. It also grants access to the fury boon and methods to set up foes for more damage. "

Since from the game release Arms was both condition and precision traitline, it was to be expected that it would be placed there.

I agree on everithing else...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, hash.8462 said:

Not the 1st time that I hear that... but from wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arms

"Arms specialization improves your ability to inflict bleeding on foes as well as your critical hit chance. It also grants access to the fury boon and methods to set up foes for more damage. "

The concern in the warrior subforum was that condi berserker won't be able to give quickness and still do OK dps, if it has to invest in concentration. Since it would not have enough crit. Maybe that 5% crit is meant to address that. Or maybe its there to keep condi berserker (no quickness) playable. Since there will be a drop in precision now, without the unique buffs.

From what I read now, the concern is that you won't be able to provide quickness (fulltime obviously) even on the power builds (while maintaining sufficient dps to compete e.g. with qcfb).  I might be misreading it though. I don't play war in pve.

Edited by Hotride.2187

1 hour ago, wraith.7243 said:

I don't know why you think it would help.  We already heard a comment on it.  To paraphrase: "Lawls! The salt is real!"

• Like 6

1 hour ago, the krytan assassin.9235 said:

I'd say there were 3 teams: 

Team 1: necro, engi and guard

Team 2: mesmer, thief and rev

Team 3: ele, ranger and war

Team 1: "eh we don't need to do attacks anything the other teams can buff theirs to bring balance"

Team 2: "how can we buff stuff without making it op"

Team 3: "more nerfs the marier"

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, the krytan assassin.9235 said:

I'd say there were 3 teams: 

Team 1: necro, engi and guard

Team 2: mesmer, thief and rev

Team 3: ele, ranger and war

Pls anet change the devs on team 3 they hate for sure ele ranger and war, remove team 1, add necro on team 2.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, wraith.7243 said:

Honestly with their track record now public test servers would honestly go a long way to improving things and keeping it realistic and fair. 

As for a response? Unlikely to get one, maybe a short sassy comment somewhere on reddit at best.

They rarely comment when they mess up so I expect a long silence, patch going in unchanged and maybe a year later they consider fixing the issues they created with it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

52 minutes ago, Serephen.3420 said:

As for a response? Unlikely to get one, maybe a short sassy comment somewhere on reddit at best.

Nah, they will just ban you for 3 days for cosplaying a quaggan on the forums, cause quaggans offend other players. That is how it works nowadays. 

And yea, if you have seen the "leeks" (im literary talking about the vegetable) you know "how" they came up with this balance patch. 

Edited by soulknight.9620
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

16 hours ago, wraith.7243 said:

Public test servers for? At the end of the the day, ANet will still tell you " You do you, we do us ".

I am surprised that many are still angered by their 'balance patch'. This is what they do all these years. Buff 5%-10% here and nerf 70% to 80% there. There were super rare occasions where they patched more buffs than nerfs. But, there is always a but, all it takes is a few 'omg this profession is too op' forum posts from the vets and ANet will nerf, no, KILL that profession in the following patches.

It's their policy to not allowed players to have fun and break what is not broken. Take it or leave.

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 4

14 minutes ago, Mil.3562 said:

Public test servers for? At the end of the the day, ANet will still tell you " You do you, we do us ".

I am surprised that many are still angered by their 'balance patch'. This is what they do all these years. Buff 5%-10% here and nerf 70% to 80% there. There were super rare occasions where they patched more buffs than nerfs. But, there is always a but, all it takes is a few 'omg this profession is too op' forum posts from the vets and ANet will nerf, no, KILL that profession in the following patches.

It's their policy to not allowed players to have fun and break what is not broken. Take it or leave.

I believe only reason the playerbase may act more 'extreme' is because there is a limit to the nerfs. As in, they have nerfed the game so much and powercrept very specific sides of it, that it's becoming borderline unplayable. And the more similar patches, the worse. 

Ultimately, I rest my case, I think people need to speak their mind and show as customers if they are willing to fina cially support the game or not. I have put plenty of money in it. Like roughly 1k euros throughout the years. Cause I enjoyed it. But that feeling subsided. 

Time to move on. Sad to see yet another company being unreliable and irresponsible with it's product. Seems to be the case in the modern ebtertainment industry (films, games, franchises, shows etc.).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

30 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

I believe only reason the playerbase may act more 'extreme' is because there is a limit to the nerfs. As in, they have nerfed the game so much and powercrept very specific sides of it, that it's becoming borderline unplayable. And the more similar patches, the worse. 

Ultimately, I rest my case, I think people need to speak their mind and show as customers if they are willing to fina cially support the game or not. I have put plenty of money in it. Like roughly 1k euros throughout the years. Cause I enjoyed it. But that feeling subsided. 

Time to move on. Sad to see yet another company being unreliable and irresponsible with it's product. Seems to be the case in the modern ebtertainment industry (films, games, franchises, shows etc.).

Or maybe we were stupid enough to think that they might actually do something about the classes that dominate the meta.  It would make sense, right?  You can't exactly shift an underperforming class like warrior propped up only by its unique buffs over to the boon system to compete with the likes of firebrand or mechanist without giving groups some reason they would ever want to take a warrior under those conditions.

But then these are the same people who have done nothing about that situation for years and only managed to make the situation worse by introducing mechanist.  So why is anyone surprised with this balance patch?

It isn't the nerfs.  It's the fact that they flat out refuse to apply them where they're needed.  They seem to like the idea of having overpowered support in the hands of just 1 or 2 classes and can't figure out why the balance in their game is a meme.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

Why do you assume this fixes anything? WoW has them and things go live that were complained about three expacs ago.

It's the same for Elder Scrolls Online etc. Devs care about bugs which come up during PTR cycles, they care little about feedback when it comes to class balance. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1