Idea, Improved Stats Based On Rank

Justine.6351

I had an idea to reward veteran players with a high wvw rank.

For every rank bracket (bronze, silver, gold, platinum, mithril, and diamond) give +50 all stats. Applicable is all areas of the game.

I think this would encourage players to spend more time in wvw instead of just coming for the high loot rewards.

• Haha 8
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Justine.6351 said:

For every rank bracket (bronze, silver, gold, platinum, mithril, and diamond) give +50 all stats. Applicable is all areas of the game.

I think this would encourage players to spend more time in wvw instead of just coming for the high loot rewards.

Please no!

It would have discouraged me to even begin with WvW because every enemy I fight would have a stat advantage. Not having access to ascended gear, infusions and rank traits like warclaw, dismount and gliding already hurts newcomer enough.

Guilds run back to their Guild Objective Aura for that little stat advatange.

I'd rather wish for less stat advantage... not more!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

ur completely bonkers, mr topic creator

first, wvw has no "high loot rewards". the loot is absolutely bad, it's probably the worst paid gamemode of gw2

with all the dmg nerfs, a more reasonable change would be to remove all stat buffs from guild objective auras and from bloodlust

it's yet horrible that anet gives the pvE anvil statbuffs also to wvw, like who seriously thought that this makes sense

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

How about we increase stats, including boon duration based on how outnumbered people are and we also give random boons in combat, if they are totally outmatched? Also remove down state for people fighting outnumbered enemies.

Then we're talking: 2v8 with permanent stab, protection, resistance, swiftness, quickness, alac and might, +120 to all stats and no way to rally for the larger group...the smaller group is still at a substantial disadvantage but it levels the playing field some.

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, KrHome.1920 said:

The gemstore part is important. WvW not being p2w (I mean pay to win, currently it's only play to win to get warclaw) is a big missed opportunity. ANet should think more the economic way. Just notice what blizzard does.

I don't think I got a phone that can run this game though 😕

• Haha 2

No

Simply because veteran WvW player =/= WvW player with high rank

On the contrary, I believe an idea like this would drastically reduce the drive to participate in WvW for players with lower ranks - not to mention that "high loot rewards" can't be found in WvW now (and never have been).

Should also get permanent +10% Magic Find bonus for every 10 Stonemist Defense, and a stacking defense bonus for every objective captured within X # of minutes, up to a maximum of 100% damage reduction. 

Ooooh also, also, add a new rank to Warclaw that grants all Boons to self and allies on mount and dismount!

Edited by Shroud.2307
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Veteran WvW players needing every advantage they can get to kill those rank 5 nubs doing their dailies. Gotta montage it!

btw i think the sideline joke is that many rank10ks are just ktrain farmers who ppt hourlong empty objectives and do not fight anyways

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/27/2022 at 12:48 AM, Justine.6351 said:

Just GOLD!!!

🏆💥

• Haha 1