Pointy low contrast cursor

Dear Arenanet employee.

The "low" contrast cursor was a great addition to the game, although it is not pointy, please make the tip sharp and use the tip for actual clicking instead of the inner part of the cursor.

Best wishes!

• Like 33
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, fable spirt.8465 said:

Honestly, I didn't really need the contrast, What I could go for is my curser not disappearing when I engage my camera. That would probably solve like 75% of the "dude where's my mouse" in the game for me.

So much this! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, fable spirt.8465 said:

Honestly, I didn't really need the contrast, What I could go for is my curser not disappearing when I engage my camera. That would probably solve like 75% of the "dude where's my mouse" in the game for me.

100% this, thanks for pointing this out!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Zek.8374 said:

Dear Arenanet employee.

The "low" contrast cursor was a great addition to the game, although it is not pointy, please make the tip sharp and use the tip for actual clicking instead of the inner part of the cursor.

Best wishes!

..... ^^ SO THIS

AND THIS >>> Honestly, I didn't really need the contrast, What I could go for is my curser not disappearing when I engage my camera. That would probably solve like 75% of the "dude where's my mouse" in the game for me. @fable spirt.8465  Right on point mate, idk why this has been actioned in 10 years, the amount of times in hectic Raid or Frac CM run, engaged camera and completely lose the mouse pointer its kitten annoying !

@ Anet: Please fine-tune the low/high contrast mouse cursor pointer, that activates at the actual tip, and is finer as per original.   Until this is actioned, it wrecks my emotional health far too much to use either low or high contrast as they are just too annoying !!!! 

Edited by Greg.7086
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, fable spirt.8465 said:

THIS

• Like 3

I was surprised by the quality of the art from the GW2 team and the quality of this new cursor, did anyone really approve of this and thought it was good or did they just release it without anyone seeing it? The idea is great, but it was very poorly executed, it looks like it was done in a hurry.

• Like 3

Got to test this for the first time today. Funnily this was one of the most anticipated features. 

Anet cmon. You botched it. Did you even test this? Clicking small buttons, menus on high resolution is wonky.

On 6/29/2022 at 10:40 AM, Zek.8374 said:

https://imgur.com/a/wCv7yys

I made a quick edit to the low contrast cursor, the red pixel represents the clicky part

This.

• Like 2

Sometimes the cursor quality in games eludes me . . . it's all mostly very basic images and not too many devs care about making the cursor user friendly. But I like that ArenaNet is trying, even though it's not too practical. To me it looks like Anet attached a sprite/image under the cursor (the cursor is probably a .PNG), so that's why the Hotspot (Click) is not moved from the Cursor's tip. Colors and shapes make the big difference in visibility!

Edited by Tearthy Flame.1463
Correction
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tearthy Flame.1463 said:

Sometimes the cursor quality in games eludes me . . . it's all mostly very basic images and not too many devs care about making the cursor user friendly. But I like that ArenaNet is trying, even though it's not too practical. To me it looks like Anet attached a sprite/image under the cursor (the cursor is probably a .PNG), so that's why the Hotspot (Click) is not moved from the Cursor's tip. Colors and shapes make the big difference in visibility!

That makes sense.  To fix the clumsy feel, they could render a different shape, maybe a little more egg shaped if not outright pointed, offset instead of centered on the base cursor so the clicky part is on the end of the point.  I definitely am avoiding the highest contrast one as it masks too much of what I'm trying to click on, but even the medium one makes precision very difficult.

I'm also one that hasn't had any trouble seeing the cursor except that it outright vanishes a lot.  When it's visible, it's big enough.  I'm sticking with medium contrast for now because I really like not losing track of it but goodness it's hard to precisely click anything.

• Like 3

On 6/29/2022 at 5:20 AM, fable spirt.8465 said:

You can do that with BlishHUD, though, it looks weird, the cursor disappears, while the overlay cursor stays.

You get used to it though...

But yes, this would definitely be nice to have a default option, without overlays.

• Haha 1