Core engineer uses moa signet: the new meta

Devas.8104

12 minutes ago, Devas.8104 said:

My screenshot folder was unfortunately busted, but I've been MOA SIGNET'd 3 times in the span of a single game by a core engineer...

Yet this feels more balanced than facing willbenders.

Good job ANet on all fronts.

core engi is a meme

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

When Core necro was dominating the meta, there was nothing more satisfying than when they would try to bait you at low hp with shroud, or when they would try to cheese you with lich, and you would ruin their plans by turning them into a bird. 

Bonus points if they were a minionmancer because then you had the satisfaction of watching all of their minions die. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

When Core necro was dominating the meta, there was nothing more satisfying than when they would try to bait you at low hp with shroud, or when they would try to cheese you with lich, and you would ruin their plans by turning them into a bird. 

Bonus points if they were a minionmancer because then you had the satisfaction of watching all of their minions die. 

yeeeeeeeeeeees

sitting there just waiting their lich to immediatly moa them

satisfying is the word

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, freakcoco.4287 said:

meme build test

2k~4k Shrapnel Grenade , It actuality not that bad as a engi while all meta engi are nerf to the ground ....

As a engi  main I gonna cry!

All of engi build are meme now.

At 0:27 you were running back and forth in perfect tempo with the music. 

Just happily bouncing back and forth like a metronome.  

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

Moa is my favourite thing to do. I've been using it for ages on core engi. I see lich? I moa, net shot root so he cant run, then blunderbuss, jump shot, prybar and acid bomb and they will usually be dead if everything crits. The salt you receive over that is amazing. I've turned around 1v2's more than once as well with a well placed moa.

Elixir X is an amazing elite. Tornado can absolutely kitten people up as well if they don't have any stunbreaks/ports left, and if you're lucky it does huge damage.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Calling it "meta" is quite the stretch, my man. Duration is 3 seconds or something of the sorts, just press button 5 and get out of danger.

Ofc it's not meta, but you can meme people hard even with 3,5 seconds. Rifle 3 root prevents them from running and they are a free kill from that point on. And with alchemy + tools traits the cd can be reduced to 58 seconds. 

Edited by Koensol.5860
  • Haha 1

On 7/17/2022 at 9:52 PM, Devas.8104 said:

My screenshot folder was unfortunately busted, but I've been MOA SIGNET'd 3 times in the span of a single game by a core engineer...

Yet this feels more balanced than facing willbenders.

Good job ANet on all fronts.

This is a 10 year old game. Elixir_X has been meta for most of it. Where do I even begin with this...

So eh, back in the ancient past - most likely way before you were born - engineers had the option NOT to play mechanist. And when you play those archaic mysterious builds, you'll notice that engineers have TOOLBELT SKILLS. If you have an engineer, just unequip mechanist for a few seconds(I know it's scary, but trust me you'll be fine), and look at your F1-F5. Now look what appears on F5 if you slot in Elixir X.

Woaaah magic!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 7/23/2022 at 9:56 PM, bethekey.8314 said:

I appreciate that Core Engi is played so little, people don't even remember what abilities it has.

Can you blame them? Even devs forgot about Engineer having stuff, like the Tools traitline. Looking through it would make it apparent, that even when they were doing sweeping changes, changing 800 skills and traits in 2020 feb, they left out stuff, like Reactive Lenses. Or Streamlined Kits, into Grenade Kit.

11 hours ago, wasss.1208 said:

Can you blame them? Even devs forgot about Engineer having stuff, like the Tools traitline. Looking through it would make it apparent, that even when they were doing sweeping changes, changing 800 skills and traits in 2020 feb, they left out stuff, like Reactive Lenses. Or Streamlined Kits, into Grenade Kit.

how about they make that core engi elite also splash the harbinger elite skill "cope" ontop of moa?

• Haha 1

Doesn't the mesmer moa have a much longer cooldown - and affects only 1 target? I think the elixir on engineer is fun. Loved it when I still played core engineer. Though it is supposed to only work in the lower skill tiers. Better players just dodge/block/reflect it.

Yes tornado is fun. (But random ... you might get the other transformation.) If they do not have a lot of stability it can work well. 😄

Virtuoso? Would not want to play it - to squishy. Just gets auto attacked down by some bunker guy. 😄

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1