Well rested in VIP areas?

Can we get Well rested in VIP areas?

I mean, we paid for them, and they're now a bit "inferior" to arborstone in a way, cause you always want to go there and get the buff cause why not.

Sure, the convenience is still there, but why not add specific buffs for specific areas? With the same rested - well rested buff tiers.

Mistlock - 10%-25% more XP in fractals (or karma or whatever is most useful for fractals

Armistice - 10%-25% more WXP

Idk, Lilly of the Elon - 10%-25% more xp in open world

You know, each one to give you something, not every one has to be super specific, they can be open world most of them.

Also, for steam release, could you add training zones like in Seitung to all starter zones? That's where they'd be most useful, and the buff would benefit new players and old players who don't want to visit Seitung for the buff every time a lot!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Haleydawn.3764 said:

Cooking my popcorn for the p2w crowd.

Haha i thought of that too. 😛

But by some people's standards VIP areas are already p2w so who cares?

1 hour ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

If they won't even add a Jade Bot Workstation to Mistlock, I doubt they'll add this.

I doubt it too, but would be nice. 

Training zones like in Seitung would really do well to be in starter zones. I mean, who needs to learn to CC at lvl 80, if you don't know how to dodge and CC by then, well... Bad news.

But the buff and all the training zones with a boss every 10 minutes like in Seitung would be nice in starter zones to teach people the mechanics of the game.

Or you know, the map after the starting map, when you have some skills that can actually CC and make combo fields.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Training zones like in Seitung would really do well to be in starter zones. I mean, who needs to learn to CC at lvl 80, if you don't know how to dodge and CC by then, well... Bad news.

There are many new players who insta-boost to 80 just to get to the latest content.  They have no clue on these things.

• Like 6

I think adding well-rested to more areas is a good idea, OP. Not sure about the varied buffs though; it should probably just be one flat thing rather than trying to customize per lounge. Well-rested is a new buff added with EoD, but I don't see why it couldn't be added retroactively to the pay-for lounges or even the player home instances once the mastery is unlocked.

Pros:
- Requiring people to get the Arborstone mastery first to enable this buff elsewhere would incentivize the purchase of EoD
- Arborstone is already the 'free' option (with purchase of EoD), meaning it is accessible to the average player without additional purchases
- Incentive for people to continue to buy/use old lounges even as new ones come out (layout preferences, vibe, etc.)
- May ease overcrowding in lounges and Arborstone by allowing people to spread out between them without missing out on the rested buff

Cons:
- A dev would have to look at the code for these lounges and poke it with a stick
- Someone, somewhere would prefer resources be spent elsewhere and be very unhappy

So, like I said, I don't think unique buffs per lounge is the way to go, but going back and periodically updating lounges with attractive features across the board does seem like a good way to keep them relevant even as more get added.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

There are many new players who insta-boost to 80 just to get to the latest content.  They have no clue on these things.

Eh, true enough. But i didn't say remove it from Seitung, just that, most people don't really need it by then.

They could sure use it in the start, especially now that they're going to be changing starter world bosses with CC phases and whatnot, could be useful.

3 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

I think adding well-rested to more areas is a good idea, OP. Not sure about the varied buffs though; it should probably just be one flat thing rather than trying to customize per lounge. Well-rested is a new buff added with EoD, but I don't see why it couldn't be added retroactively to the pay-for lounges or even the player home instances once the mastery is unlocked.

Thank you! Yeah, it should probably just be one buff. Except Armistice Bastion could use the WXP buff instead of normal XP, you don't really buy armistice if you're way into PvE. The rest could just be the same as Arborstone.

The only thing i can't see working is home instances cause they're just that - instances, you can't park your character there...

Pros:
- Requiring people to get the Arborstone mastery first to enable this buff elsewhere would incentivize the purchase of EoD

Good catch, but yes, i also think it should be first unlocked by a mastery.

- Arborstone is already the 'free' option (with purchase of EoD), meaning it is accessible to the average player without additional purchases

Hence, no p2w. 🙂

Cons:
- A dev would have to look at the code for these lounges and poke it with a stick

I mean that could be said for anything, the sphagetti code needs to stop being an excuse for Anet to not do something.

I mean, how long does the preview UI hide weapons you want to see on your character, i can't preview a staff on a Charr, or a Greatsword... The answer? Sphagetti code, can't do anything... Well, i think it's just a lazy excuse...

- Someone, somewhere would prefer resources be spent elsewhere and be very unhappy

🤣

So, like I said, I don't think unique buffs per lounge is the way to go, but going back and periodically updating lounges with attractive features across the board does seem like a good way to keep them relevant even as more get added.

Yeah, XP and WXP buffs should be enough.

4 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Well rested should be applied in every city hub, change my mind.

I actually don't hate that idea!

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I doubt it will happen. 
The buff is sometimes the only reason people even go (and log out) in arborstone. It's part of the mastery system there. If the buff was offered in other cities or VIP areas (even if requiring the EoD mastery) no one would bother with arborstone except as an EoD strike lobby and the kitten vendor, because it is inferior in almost every other way to cities like LA, and especially VIP passe locations for convenience.

Not saying this is "good" or anything, but this is likely why it would never be.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

training zones like in Seitung to all starter zones?

I think Anet should actually take a page out of FF14 newbie system. Each character on a new account can be sent to a "Mists Battle Academy" every 10 levels or something by speaking to a special NPC located in each starter town. Here players complete specific tutorials like gearing (stat) and build experimentation, boon generation guide, dodging, break bars/exposed, etc. etc. Upon successfully completing each tutorial they get a bloodbound exotic celestial armor piece (lvl 60 they will have full set of bloodboud celestial armor). lvl 70 and lvl 80 tutorials are dps checks to practice rotations (mixed with breakbars, exposed, dodging, etc.) that provide bloodbound celestial weapons. Make these have some nice but simple skins too.

Also, can we please get a training golem in guild halls? Make it available when upgrading the arena to second tier or whatever. I want to test builds on professions that are alt parked without losing my spot while also being able to train rotations easier with guildies and have a better reason to hang out in the guild hall.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Eh, true enough. But i didn't say remove it from Seitung, just that, most people don't really need it by then.

They could sure use it in the start, especially now that they're going to be changing starter world bosses with CC phases and whatnot, could be useful.

I don't disagree that having better tutorials in the starter maps isn't a bad idea.  😉

• Thanks 1

As someone else mentioned an XP buff isn't that appealing to me because I'm not that desperate for spirit shards. I don't currently leave characters in Arbourstone unless that's where I happen to be when I stop playing them.

I'm not opposed to adding it and I don't think it would be pay-to-win (because it's fairly trivial) but for the same reason I'm not particularly excited about getting it and it wouldn't encourage me to make sure I log out in a lounge any more than I currently do with Arbourstone.

• Like 2

I am entirely unimpressed with the "well rested" system. To the point that I don't park any characters there on purpose at all. Only if it just happens to be there. I suppose they want to give people another reason to go there, but to be honest I don't spend a whole lot of time in Cantha anymore. Reason? I don't care for the gen3 legendaries nor fishing. 

So I only do the bare minimum to be able to buy the A.S.S. every week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, costepj.5120 said:

I don't understand how this buff is supposed to encourage people to use Arborstone. If I use it at all, I just move a character there before logging out. What is a stream of characters appearing, then instantly disappearing, achieving?

If I'm logging in and out there anyway, I might as well clean out my bags and visit the vendor, do my mystic forging, and even port upstairs to do my daily ecto refinement.

It worked exactly as intended for me. After EoD launch I started parking my characters there just to get the mastery experience as quickly as possible. Over a short time I found I was using services at the Lily of Elon less and less, becuase my characters were at Arborstone anyway. By the time I was done, it had largely replaced the Lily as my go-to lounge.

At this point, I only use the Lily for it's access to the main cities, and I only use Rata Sum to park one character, who happens to be my tailor and artificer, because she also is the character who visits my home instance each time I log in.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Well rested should be applied in every city hub, change my mind.

I like this idea!  I spent YEARS hanging out in Divinity's Reach at the Minister's WP and got to know lots of familiar faces there over the years. 

I log out in Arborstone now for the extra XP bonus and miss the social aspect I got in DR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

My honest reaction when I saw this new feature was: LOL

After almost 10 years of Guildwars2, at the very very end of the currently last expansion, we finally get this feature. When pretty much most of the EXP gathering was done. Are you kidding me?

Locking it behind Arborstone was not a genius idea either. Totally agree with @Labjax.2465here, it should be accessible for all players. Especially the new players. If they really want to lock it behind something, limit the access to paid accounts. Other MMORPGs do the same.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

Locking it behind Arborstone was not a genius idea either. Totally agree with @Labjax.2465here, it should be accessible for all players. Especially the new players. If they really want to lock it behind something, limit the access to paid accounts. Other MMORPGs do the same.

Pretty sure the obvious intention behind that was having players get used to the new hub. Introducing that to other hubs/main cities would actively work against what it was intended to do.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

If I'm logging in and out there anyway, I might as well clean out my bags and visit the vendor, do my mystic forging, and even port upstairs to do my daily ecto refinement.

It worked exactly as intended for me. After EoD launch I started parking my characters there just to get the mastery experience as quickly as possible. Over a short time I found I was using services at the Lily of Elon less and less, becuase my characters were at Arborstone anyway. By the time I was done, it had largely replaced the Lily as my go-to lounge.

At this point, I only use the Lily for it's access to the main cities, and I only use Rata Sum to park one character, who happens to be my tailor and artificer, because she also is the character who visits my home instance each time I log in.

This is not criticism or even disagreement, I truly do not understand. When I go to Arborstone to do a strike mission there are few, if any, services available. I do not understand why I would be there for anything other than starting the daily EoD strike if every service is already available elsewhere.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

If this was added I might bother leveling my Arborstone mastery. Currently I dont see a reason to do so.

15 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

This is not criticism or even disagreement, I truly do not understand. When I go to Arborstone to do a strike mission there are few, if any, services available. I do not understand why I would be there for anything other than starting the daily EoD strike if every service is already available elsewhere.

You have to level the mastery to see the services, that's what it's for. You can see a list of what's added by each tier here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arborstone#Unlocking

With the Commercial Hub mastery it basically becomes a free lounge. (Free in the sense that it doesn't cost gold or gems, I know, as someone will inevitably want to point out, that it 'costs' time to get the mastery points and XP.)

• Like 3