Nice update

Lysico.4906

21 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

But with Renegade Forced Engagement had a reach of 1200, now 600, and Planar Protection a cooldown of 20s, now 30s. I wouldn't touch Renegade at PvP ever again. Rene was already OUT of meta before EoD, and the nerfs to Jalis and Retribution due ANet didn't care to adress Vindi made Ren even worse. Is like them nerfing core Engie for no reasons while no one is playing it while buffing Mech.

Anyway: meta yesterday was guards, necros and specter, nothing changed.

Definitely true. But that's where Anet seems to keep pigeonholing non-Herald Revenant builds. Maybe they'll Elite Specialization split utilities and weapon skills like they've needed to for YEARS now....

Mist Form being nerfed specifically to Tempest but has a reasonable cooldown under other Elite Specializations or NONE. Obby Flesh being split too would be cool. A lot of specializations would benefit from Elite Specialization specific splits since they tend to be the main problem... Then they nerf CORE things. 😉

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

ANet has gotten good at nerfing the overperforming stuff. (in most cases).

I'm glad they toned down WB and 🍔

Can we finally start buffing the underperforming stuff. Starting with 300 sec CDs. Been waiting on that for nearly 3 years now. 

i dont know it was a bug or it was in the patch, but the shield from arcane traitline was at 240 secs cd. Not sure how it is now.

Yes scourge, fb, berserker, core engi are the classes that come to my mind in terms of needing a buff.

Pistol off could get a buff since it's a direct offense/deffense trade off. If anything kitten comes out of it you just nerf the over performing elite, which they're bad at, dunno why they always go for the core even if most of the time it's one of the elites that are overperforming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/19/2022 at 2:09 PM, Hotride.2187 said:

Honestly reading "in pvp only" kills me a little inside each time. Its like wvw doesn't exist. Guess its time to move to spvp...

Willbender is hardly more powerful than other classes in WvW with the same bursty builds. Righteous Instincts doesn't grant 40% crit chance in WvW like it does in sPvP, it only grants 25%. It's much tighter getting to a high crit cap on it. So you don't get to pile on even more ferocity/power since you need the precision. Their mobility is also more valuable in sPvP than WvW due to the smaller spaces with lots of cover to take advantage of. In WvW there's a lot of open space and many classes are capable of catching up to it. They're where they need to be in WvW.

Willbender is how I want to play the game, but it's over-performance in sPvP is giving it a stigma in other modes. I don't want this class nerfed when it doesn't need it in WvW. Superspeed thieves are way more of a threat than a Willbender.

Harb could use some tuning but if someone has a lot of condi cleanse they get shut down pretty hard too.

I'd rather see other classes given more tools to deal with burst and condi bombs than have more nerfs. It's done more harm than good with this game. More counterplay is better than just making everybody do less until the class becomes too dull to enjoy at all. And by design, Willbender and Harb AT LEAST need to have burst of some kind to work.

Edited by Arolandis.8360
  • Like 3

On 7/19/2022 at 2:09 PM, Hotride.2187 said:

Honestly reading "in pvp only" kills me a little inside each time. Its like wvw doesn't exist. Guess its time to move to spvp...

@Arolandis.8360 is right about this.  In a small group,  willbender has more impact,  but you have to keep in mind wvw is a different beast, where being able to blow up one person is often offset by the fact that a blob will delete you easily should you interact with them in any committed way.

That's why things like blinding powder often have their durations remain around pve values in wvw. There's less structure because mobs can counterbalance glass.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, otto.5684 said:

To me, these changes are irrelevant. The game can is no longer fun, cuz damage is bad across the board. We need buffs.

Yes

Things are already taking to long to kill

We almost back to pre eod meta with endless team fights and over bunker side noders

Even as an ele main the side catas and supp tempest will be absolutely disgusting

And we already have annoying perma stealth thief to replace dare devil

We basically back to pre eod meta with different specs

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

Yes

Things are already taking to long to kill

We almost back to pre eod meta with endless team fights and over bunker side noders

Even as an ele main the side catas and supp tempest will be absolutely disgusting

And we already have annoying perma stealth thief to replace dare devil

We basically back to pre eod meta with different specs

Permastealth?

10 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

i dont know it was a bug or it was in the patch, but the shield from arcane traitline was at 240 secs cd. Not sure how it is now.

that was literally not a bug.... if you take the elementalsurge traitline, it reduces to cooldown of arcane skills.... it reduces the 300s down to 240s.

Edited by Sahne.6950

25 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

that was literally not a bug.... if you take the elementalsurge traitline, it reduces to cooldown of arcane skills.... it reduces the 300s down to 240s.

A trait ICD affected by another trait (by anything, really)? Are you serious?

11 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

A trait ICD affected by another trait (by anything, really)? Are you serious?

you see this alot actually....  

Cleansing fire trait in Fire also gets reduced cd from 40 to 32 if you are also running soothing disrupt in water.    (basicly any trait that will cause a skill to appear can do it. those skill will have a "type; for example arcane skill or it might be a cantrip. most of the time there is traits that reduce cooldowns of cantrips and such, thus those traits also reduce the Cooldown of said other trait)

other synergys to show more and other examples:

on ranger: Child of earth trait will cleanse 2 extra conditions if you also have Wilderness knowledge....   -> when taking both your troll unguent will cleanse 4 conditions, altho it says 2^^

rev: eluding nullification and fortified blessing trait. When taking both, you gain protection on dodgeroll.

there is million incidents of traits affecting eachother... Thats why certain specs are pigeonholed into certain traits. Because thesetraits produce some nice syngergy and running one without the other is d00d00... and running none of them is even worse 😄 

we need more trait interactions like this to make more builds viable.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

you see this alot actually....  

Cleansing fire trait in Fire also gets reduced cd from 40 to 32 if you are also running soothing disrupt in water.    (basicly any trait that will cause a skill to appear can do it. those skill will have a "type; for example arcane skill or it might be a cantrip. most of the time there is traits that reduce cooldowns of cantrips and such, thus those traits also reduce the Cooldown of said other trait)

other synergys to show more and other examples:

on ranger: Child of earth trait will cleanse 2 extra conditions if you also have Wilderness knowledge....   -> when taking both your troll unguent will cleanse 4 conditions, altho it says 2^^

rev: eluding nullification and fortified blessing trait. When taking both, you gain protection on dodgeroll.

there is million incidents of traits affecting eachother... Thats why certain specs are pigeonholed into certain traits. Because thesetraits produce some nice syngergy and running one without the other is d00d00... and running none of them is even worse 😄 

we need more trait interactions like this to make more builds viable.

From engineer, there are also:

• Elixir E getting the cooldown reduction (and other benefits) from HGH, reducing the icd from 40 seconds to 32.
  • Reactive Lenses getting the cooldown reduction from Gadgeteer, reducing the icd from 40 seconds to 32.

I am genuinely surprised that Dadnir didn't know about this, these interactions are ages old already.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

From engineer, there are also:

• Elixir E getting the cooldown reduction (and other benefits) from HGH, reducing the icd from 40 seconds to 32.
  • Reactive Lenses getting the cooldown reduction from Gadgeteer, reducing the icd from 40 seconds to 32.

I am genuinely surprised that Dadnir didn't know about this, these interactions are ages old already.

Cause Troll alert

Edited by Stallic.2397

10 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I'm not perfect, nor do I claim I am.

Sorry if it sounded rude for you, that wasn't my intent.

I just consider you to be one of the really knowledgable people on these forums and was surprised that these interactions escaped you.

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Sorry if it sounded rude for you, that wasn't my intent.

I just consider you to be one of the really knowledgable people on these forums and was surprised that these interactions escaped you.

I originally put more text on my answer but I thought it not really worth it. To put it simply I don't really like using those traits that proc skills and then enter an ICD. Thus, I'm not that knowledgeable on them. I'm more knowledgeable on the broad history of how the game change than on the intricacy of the skills and traits. There are even skills and traits that I have no clue about (mostly the new EoD stuff) because my body don't allow me to play the game (or any video game) since the end of 2020 (Shoulders injuries sucks! Whenever you think you see the end, a new one appear).

Edited by Dadnir.5038
  • Thanks 1