Does the loot for me ever going to improve or not?

I play this game for so long, and i only see if expensive items everywhere. the loot is very bad in this game (loot to make gold)
I feel a big greed here and i hate that. irl i am not a greedy person so this makes it even more worse. i am a loot player. nice loot make me happy and i stay in the game for longer.
After EoD i experienced so much disappointments, soo-won meta that 99% of the time failed. a forced story. 
An annoying turtle in harbor which only goes away when finishing the collection. the collection is also a big grind. 
Many content that came was too hard but got nerfed later because the ppl who likes a challange says it was too easy, but they keps their achievements from the easy version.
I checked the tp and i saw soo-won infusion box for 10k and 47 bids, now there are only a few left. its ridiculous in this game, the rich get even more rich while others can only watch what someone else show off. it's bad. what i do i never loot something worth nice gold, treasure mushroom, khan ur chest. tarir looting. silver wastes. other bosses which can drop infusions. pinata. 
Nothing for me, it feels bad. i am now playing hearthstone more often because more loot what makes me happy, i already have spend around 70 euro on bundles while for gw2 i once in a half year i spend 25 euro on gems. if i compare it it is weird while for gems i many times think twice before i buy some while for packs it was more easy. more loot. yes 1 legendary from 40 packs. 
but from 2016 i looted 1 item worth more then 800 gold. thats 6 years. last week some streamer looted something nice, i said that because a streamer for easy advertisement. but she told that it was her first expensive drop in EIGHT years. ridiculous.

it makes me feel bad sometimes, ppl who loot a 10k infusion can buy so many nice things ingame from the gold. everything drops in price and making gold is not so easy (fast) yes its easy but takes ages. and i have more things to do irl. if i had to strat over again i had saved the gold from legendary's to make more. 

1 good thing that they did is making raids raceroll able, i don't know my class but we just killed the bosses. this is very nice for effort reward ratio. normally (before) it felt bad when try hard for a kill and no loot. 

further nice game, sub free. yes i am tired i just need a break. 

And thanks in advance for the /cry emotions. i appreciate that very much.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 23
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

1 good thing that they did is making raids raceroll able, i don't know my class but we just killed the bosses. this is very nice for effort reward ratio.

I was on the fence until this.

This has to be a troll.

• Like 15
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Ashgar.3024 said:

I was on the fence until this.

This has to be a troll.

Normally i am but now i am serious. not that i am very bad player, but i am very new to specter, sure i got all acsended armor and all good things (runes,sigils), also i created a good build. but i just pressing ability's without knowing much about the class. its not real faceroll, but or i got carried and the others where very nice and knew what to do. it was was more do able for me then before when i raided without the buffs. back then i had to do my very best to kill the boss and i knew my class. this time with the new buffs i didn't know the class and after a few tries we killed the boss. i cleared 2 wings which 1 of them i never cleared before. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2

Farming gold can be tedious. I wouldn’t expect to get an expensive item like that. Play what you like and gold will come over time no matter what you do.

you can try the treasure hunter drops. When I got some stuff to do, i plop my rat by the event area and just glimpse at the screen to see if it’s about to start. It’s a rare drop but chance is higher then infusions. I’ve gotten gold for a couple legendaries that way over time. But again. Don’t assume or expect the drop cause you will get disappointed and burnt out. Let it be a nice surprise if you do get them. Good luck 

• Like 9

Probably bait but I'll bite because there are others who think this way. If you want more chances at getting gold from getting rare drops, then the drops would have to be less rare, and thus they would be worth less gold. 

17 minutes ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

back then i had to do my very best to kill the boss and i knew my class. this time with the new buffs i didn't know the class and after a few tries we killed the boss.

So there was a time when you needed to understand your class and the boss in order to beat it. Now you can go in and clear it with little to no knowledge of either. I would argue that this design contradicts the purpose of high-difficulty endgame content. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

Probably bait but I'll bite because there are others who think this way. If you want more chances at getting gold from getting rare drops, then the drops would have to be less rare, and thus they would be worth less gold. 

So there was a time when you needed to understand your class and the boss in order to beat it. Now you can go in and clear it with little to no knowledge of either. I would argue that this design contradicts the purpose of high-difficulty endgame content. 

end game or not, to be fair for everyone, legendary armor should also be obtainable for open world players like me. 
i am not bad, but i just didn't have enough interest into learning mechanics from bosses, also raid times are bad for me.
also i don't want to be a part of a group who are doing it weekly, when you do you have to be there at the right time, i only want to play when i want. so just hop in and clear everything with a nice buff is perfect. 
i have tried some raids before and after a few tries we killed the boss, i learned at that moment. but the kp, the elites and more reasons kept me away from raids. everyone wanted a nice fast clear, i also want that but then i had to show kill proof. 
so the only option was a group with the same players for a long time.

and this so called end game is already from heart of thorns from 2015, everyone who like raids already have the best things from it. so now its place for other players to give them i chance, i know its hard for many ppl to let other have nice things, (i keep my opinion here for myself) and 7 years later its time to make it possible for more players. its late already. 7 years to give others a chance to get legendary armor...

• Thanks 6
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

... sure i got all acsended armor and all good things (runes,sigils), also i created a good build. ...

Sounds like you're doing fine without hitting the jackpot on some expensive infusion. In 10 years I've had 2 precursors drop, plus only a handful of "expensive" items (100 gold or less).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Sounds like you're doing fine without hitting the jackpot on some expensive infusion. In 10 years I've had 2 precursors drop, plus only a handful of "expensive" items (100 gold or less).

it's not bad, but because i have many things to do irl i don't have time to farm gold. with my age i have other goals that have more priority 🙂  (gym, work) and more things. 

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

You do know legendary armor doesn't improve your stats right.....it's nice but it's optional.   I'm an open world player primarily, and while it would be great, I'm ok with having ascended and just working on legendary weapons.  I dabble with it a little in WvW but it's not a big focus.  Sounds like you're doing just fine.  

The rng overlords do not exclusively hate you.  I've never seen anyone get anything of much value from a treasure mushroom, a world boss, or the infamous eye from Dragonstorm.  Clearly you're not alone, a lot of people continue to do those because they also do not have gold to buy an infusion or just want to get it themselves.   It's frustrating but part of the game.  

Oh..and yes EoD needs better rewards as has been discussed man, many times in the forums.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

Normally i am but now i am serious. not that i am very bad player, but i am very new to specter, sure i got all acsended armor and all good things (runes,sigils), also i created a good build. but i just pressing ability's without knowing much about the class. its not real faceroll, but or i got carried and the others where very nice and knew what to do. it was was more do able for me then before when i raided without the buffs. back then i had to do my very best to kill the boss and i knew my class. this time with the new buffs i didn't know the class and after a few tries we killed the boss. i cleared 2 wings which 1 of them i never cleared before. 

I think many here really didn't read in full the 28/06 patch notes, cause i just understand what he is talking about, and is one of the main point in the patch and why Anet try to get "easy classes with minimun rotation" more predominant in the game.

In the patch note was written that we get a new "easy raid mode" where for 1 week one of the raid would get the "easy raid mode" active buffs (and change the next week to a new raid if i am correct) that power you up every time you die in a boss fight.

I think that is what happened to him (he talk about a new buff), and that is why was easy for him clean the various bosses and the wings. (the way Anet try to get casual players to play high level contents and why Mecha, an easy to play class is choosen so much by casual players for raids (and considering you normally get full gear for it, you go with it in the other high level contents even if isn't the best option around).

Holmindeboks is a casual player i think, the people who Anet are trying to appeal for the future of the game (Steam = a lot of casual gamers, so, you all add together for that ending) .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

You do know legendary armor doesn't improve your stats right.....it's nice but it's optional.   I'm an open world player primarily, and while it would be great, I'm ok with having ascended and just working on legendary weapons.  I dabble with it a little in WvW but it's not a big focus.  Sounds like you're doing just fine.  

The rng overlords do not exclusively hate you.  I've never seen anyone get anything of much value from a treasure mushroom, a world boss, or the infamous eye from Dragonstorm.  Clearly you're not alone, a lot of people continue to do those because they also do not have gold to buy an infusion or just want to get it themselves.   It's frustrating but part of the game.  

Oh..and yes EoD needs better rewards as has been discussed man, many times in the forums.

anet can make my life (in games) so much better by just mail me a full legendary armor set. It would help me very much.
real life is not always easy. So then I am playing a game for relaxing. But this rng fest only give frustration. While I see many ppl with rich looking characters. veterans who saved up nice amount of gold when it was easy. I mean. I want legendary armor. But when I see what I have to do for it it makes me angry. So big collection and not easy to obtain. 

And about stat swap. The things I enjoy in this game are mostly tweaking builds and thinking what can be a nice combination. But because of gold and spirit shards i am only using a build editor on internet. I am always out of spirit shards. Since they negeer silver wastes bags I am always out of spirit shards. Also the herta thing and princess haven’t dropped a lesser or normal vision crystal in months or years. Ridiculous. 

I have a guildy who got nice gold back then with just selling food. He got rich and never have to spend real cash. He had 150k last time he showed it. And makes a few k a day I think by just playing the to. once another guildy wanted chaos axe which was 500 gold. The rich person mailed 500 gold ore and thought he would be funny. Last week some new player needed help in wayfarer so I mailed him 1 gold and said that it would make it a lot easier for him as a new player. For me 1 gold is not much. I said that I know how it feels when you start a new game and not having gold. (I meant this when I started in 2012) he was happy and it gave me a good feeling. I also like how new ppl react when I mail them 1 gold or a bag. The new player also said that he never got so much help in the time he played WoW. 

If I think about al this frustration that’s not worth it. If i think about it that gamers only can having fun by using the wallet. Feels bad and greedy. And the rich veterans or streamers only can enjoy being rich while a big community gift them legendarys. I haven’t met someone who gave me that. 

same for call of duty vanguard. One big frustration. Hearthstone also against other players. If it stays like this then i maybe have to go back to offline games. Like when I was young. But yes. Online games are addicted and always have progress to do. 

• Confused 10
  • Sad 1

You do understand that majority of players and veterans included do not have 100k gold sitting around.   I played WoW for over a decade....one guy I played with had a fortune because he couldn't do raids due to time constraints and all he did was farm. They exist in every game.  That's a big focus for some people. 

It was very generous to give a new player gold.  It can be a huge help and also a welcoming experience.  There's not really a time limit on when you get back a good deed.  Best wishes for you on an awesome drop!

• Like 6

I have never gotten a drop worth the 800g you mention. GW2 is designed for you to grind away in order to gradually accumulate currency over time and then buy what you want. You know, like a job rather than a game with exciting rewards.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 6
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

just tried deimos, the buff was at 5th stack and 7 tries (2 tries with stack of 5) and still no kill, i said i g2g i nearly falling asleep. 
it asks too much from my concentration and makes me tired. + the frustration that build up every time in every game. 

maybe when i get hero of lions arch title i take a break, that thing i really wanted for a long time. 

1 minute ago, Lysico.4906 said:

Op says he is flat out not interested in learning the fight mechanics.   Full stop there.  Fine and all but then you don’t get the best loot.    

did you read my post? the loot part if from bosses that can drop infusions. the legendary armor is different. i once asked a different collection for open world players that we have to get 2 gifts of exploration for 1 armor piece and no legendary insights. and a different collection to do open world boss tasks instead of tasks in raids. (so we can also do the content we like) 
but many ppl can't imagine other ppl's situation. so for open world players it has to be easyer to clear raids (if we are forced to do raids as only option) i don't ask for FREE legendary gear, the gifts parts can stay like that so the price is the same. the only thing that has to be different is the collection and the places of the bosses. 

• Confused 9
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

just tried deimos, the buff was at 5th stack and 7 tries (2 tries with stack of 5) and still no kill, i said i g2g i nearly falling asleep. 
it asks too much from my concentration and makes me tired. + the frustration that build up every time in every game. 

maybe when i get hero of lions arch title i take a break, that thing i really wanted for a long time. 

did you read my post? the loot part if from bosses that can drop infusions. the legendary armor is different. i once asked a different collection for open world players that we have to get 2 gifts of exploration for 1 armor piece and no legendary insights. and a different collection to do open world boss tasks instead of tasks in raids. (so we can also do the content we like) 
but many ppl can't imagine other ppl's situation. so for open world players it has to be easyer to clear raids (if we are forced to do raids as only option) i don't ask for FREE legendary gear, the gifts parts can stay like that so the price is the same. the only thing that has to be different is the collection and the places of the bosses. 

Well then do wvwvw armor?

• Like 3

On 7/22/2022 at 10:26 PM, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

Many content that came was too hard but got nerfed later because the ppl who likes a challange says it was too easy, but they keps their achievements from the easy version.

Is it me ? or does that sentence doesnt make any sense at all ? sorry didnt get your point there.

+1 For the Rng system , dont think a lot of people like it (only the one who looted 10k + infusions i guess) .

But can say i wasnt lucky with rng , still i despite this system , you can have a random garry discovering silverwaste and getting the bee infusion after 10 hours of playtime . Thats just disgusting , i'd rather do an achievement like succeed 10000 times silverwastes , than freaking rng , at least the end of the tunnel is far but the end exist.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 7/22/2022 at 10:03 PM, Freya.9075 said:

Farming gold can be tedious. I wouldn’t expect to get an expensive item like that. Play what you like and gold will come over time no matter what you do.

you can try the treasure hunter drops. When I got some stuff to do, i plop my rat by the event area and just glimpse at the screen to see if it’s about to start. It’s a rare drop but chance is higher then infusions. I’ve gotten gold for a couple legendaries that way over time. But again. Don’t assume or expect the drop cause you will get disappointed and burnt out. Let it be a nice surprise if you do get them. Good luck 

Why would you go through all that farming gold when you can just swipe your credit card on the store........I mean duh we don't actually play the game anymore we just buy the best skins off the cash shop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Southerncarl.2740 said:

Why would you go through all that farming gold when you can just swipe your credit card on the store........I mean duh we don't actually play the game anymore we just buy the best skins off the cash shop.

If you want to do that, go for it! I’m all for supporting anet. I will however choose to do it my way 🙂