Get rid of one apex predator

Bern.9613

Seems the eco-system in wvw is being turned upside down now that thief has been destroyed. I saw at least 4 threads crying about mechanists/engineers and one or two about willbender/guard running around unchecked. Betcha didn't see that coming. What's the plan now? Rework more traits? Oh I know, why don't you nerf a trait or two and call it a reward. That went over really good last time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Theres so many things wrong in this thread....

-Thief has not been destroyed. Deadeye is stronger than ever! And now... hold your horses.....  CELESTIAL DAREDEVIL is a thing... and its THE thing. havent seen it yet? be glad!

-Mechanist... if you are having a single reflect.. this spec looks like the biggest joke ever.

-Willbender.... who complains about willbender!? Powerwillbender big p00p00 against anything thats not a glasscannon. And celewillbender big p00p00 against anything that can cleanse.... If you are dying to a build that does Burn and burn only... thats on you 😄

-There is literally Celestialharbinger running around.... PRE NERF!!! non of the nerfs made it to WvW.... CELESTIAL...HARBINGER... unnerfed... how can this thread ignore the elephant in the room... but complains about willybenders xD

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I've met some pretty strong willbenders lately, its such a fotm build. Even a mechanist or two.

Specters and daredevils still put them to shame as roamers.

9 out of 10 thieves will disagree with me and make confused emotes because luckily for the roaming scene, good thieves are few and far apart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I've met some pretty strong willbenders lately, its such a fotm build. Even a mechanist or two.

9 out of 10 thieves will disagree with me and make confused emotes because luckily for the roaming scene, good thieves are few and far apart.

I love thief subforum because half the players are rightly drooling over a Deadeye+Specter comp winning monthly AT while the other half are raging about their perma-stealth "gathering build" (like, for gathering resource nodes) being nerfed.

1 hour ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

dunno the build but i got hit by 14k with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vault while in condi bunker equip + merged with stout pet

SA changes had no effect on Vault.  That's a niche build that can catch people off guard because it's not common.  It has lots of evade frames and can hit like a truck if it gets on top of you.  Its drawback is that it's 100% melee... something a Ranger should be able to capitalize on.

13 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Harb, WB, and Mech all seem to be FOTM.  They're everywhere.  They can be built stupidly tanky while doing decent damage thanks to Cele stats, WB's mobility rivals Thief's, and Harb is still busted in WvW since none of the nerfs carried over from other modes (why?!).  No surprise that the Holy Trinity's EoD specs are over-tuned and overrepresented.

13 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Generally agree.  But that also suggests that about 10% of the Thief player base is alone responsible for all the salt and qq against Thieves.  Compare that to any other meta roamer with whom certainly more than 1 in 10 encounters may not go well for the average player.

Edited by Twilight Tempest.7584
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

How about nice 26k death's judgement 

https://i.imgur.com/yEekk7Y.jpg

Another 21k bs

https://i.imgur.com/1mUn8Pa.jpg

Another 20k bs

https://i.imgur.com/mYv16tI.jpg

Playing zerk/mara was tough at times. 🤭

Imagine trying to play some Berserk/Marauder Elementalist in these times, didn't matter, still you'd get just reduced to atoms in 1 hit and you hit like wet noodle.

8 hours ago, Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

Member when Thief had damage appropriate to its glassiness?

Ah yes, so glassy, stealth for days, evades for days, teleports for days, truly "glassy" af. ( ͡ಥ ͜ʖ ͡ಥ)

• Like 2

On 7/30/2022 at 9:45 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Member when thief had glassiness appropriate to its damage?

When was the last time you actually played thief seriously?

EDIT: No answer, as expected.  People sure love to talk about things they have no clue about.

Edited by Twilight Tempest.7584
Talk is cheap. If you think thief is so great, get off your G/E/N and prove it.
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1