Spellbreaker Slaps

lgwald.4038

Why don't more people play spellbreaker? It's probably the most fun spec in the game. kitten slaps. I understand it's not viable at the highest levels of play, but to be fair that's like 50 people. It's perfectly viable up into plat 1 yet I never see anyone play it. So many people picking up the snoozefest that is BS because it's flavor of the month should give Spellbreaker a chance. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lgwald.4038 said:

Why don't more people play spellbreaker? It's probably the most fun spec in the game. kitten slaps. I understand it's not viable at the highest levels of play, but to be fair that's like 50 people. It's perfectly viable up into plat 1 yet I never see anyone play it. So many people picking up the snoozefest that is BS because it's flavor of the month should give Spellbreaker a chance. 

Or.....we've been playing spellbreaker for YEARS already, which was already a variation of the great/axe build, very similar playstyle even with dagger.

Its fun, but its a little stale after all these years, especially when its a shadow of its former self 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, lgwald.4038 said:

So many people picking up the snoozefest that is BS because it's flavor of the month 

spellbreaker (and berserker/core for that matter) may be fun to play and create some of the most exciting duels you ever did see, but that's only vs another class that has to respect its damage/does not automatically counter its damage sources, and those are few and far between.

People are picking up bladesworn because being hard to kill is generally more fun than playing a class that is fun to fight -with-, but has a hard time even making any significant impact vs any competent player on any more forgiving build. (you start getting those at plat1). For a large number of players, simply not dying long enough to press buttons (and perhaps even winning the fight due to outsustain) is more entertaining than learning to play glass. This issue is magnified on warrior, which can have its damage sources invalidated through smart play even while playing glass. 

Also bladesworn is easier in pvp because you can ignore incoming damage instead of being forced into playing around it. The other warrior specs need to be flexible enough to be able to avoid bursts. 

flavor of the month 

Analogy needs tweaking. It's more like warriors had no nearby ice cream shops for three summers and now there's a kiosk selling vanilla. Of course everyone's gonna get vanilla. Even if it -is- boring. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Or.....we've been playing spellbreaker for YEARS already, which was already a variation of the great/axe build, very similar playstyle even with dagger.

Its fun, but its a little stale after all these years, especially when its a shadow of its former self 

Nah. If a class is reasonably viable itll have a steady stream of people flipping back and forth between them. There's a reason you see lots of tempests, lots of deadeyes, holos - but next to no spellbreakers, and it ain't just boredom. That may be it for you, but that isn't the whole truth. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 6

Spellbreaker is obsolete when BsW is more mobile/better stability/barrier on shouts

Being an "honest" class in a dishonest game is too taxing for the player playing a class that can get trolled by unblockables and simple dodge counting

It IS fun if you win using outdated builds but eventually it just dies to unblockables and stun lock, something that Warrior has been very weak vs since the meta is shouts, and shouts = you CAN get stunlocked to death unless you play daring dragon stability reset spam BsW or be the stunlocker and use CC while doing damage unyielding dragon and set up for the team.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 8/2/2022 at 9:24 AM, lgwald.4038 said:

You are doing good...just use your own judgement to decide, just watch actual good players on the class ...

• Haha 2

Unfortunately you need to play the "meta" build to have success on it. Its fun to play yes, but there are more fun spb builds. Even just changing endure pain to featherfoot grace makes a big dent in your sustain... the rest of the build you literally cannot change.

I've had really smashing times mirror dueling s/d +gs glass spb. Its just so explosive and any hit you land, you earned. Most of the game is not like that though, its a slugfest; not an action game.

I do keep playing it in unranked though, where no1 can give me kitten for playing what I want to play. I even ran into an immortal legend spb twice last week, doing jumping puzzles in the most awkward of places. Lost both games cause my team wouldn't let me alone with the spb on node (and instead gathered to 1v3 on home).

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Sad 1