How is it possible anet that you still haven't added tattoo options for humans.

41 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Not adding basic customization options like tattoos (or facial hair/horns/skin patterns) after a decade in a game that people often refer to as Fashion Wars 2 is understandably weird. That's why these threads exist. And the longer these things go without being added, the weirder it is.

Barely any cultural pieces, one-off masks made to look like scars/makeup in the gem shop that never get iterated on, no new skin/fur tones in CC since launch, and an incredibly stingy application of new faces and hairs over the years is right up there with 'huh, kinda weird that we didn't get any Kurzick/Luxon tats with End of Dragons even though NPCs are wearing them everywhere'.

They must be aware that giving us new cosmetics and ways to customize characters is a great way to sell character slots, matching mount skins, weapons, skiffs/fishing poles, gathering tools, and gem shop armors, so seeing these threads seems perfectly normal to me.

I don't think most of these threads insisting on which ever pet issues be implemented are ones asking for customization options.

That said, two things. Firstly I personally am in agreement with the original devs for GW2 that decided to have tattoos be something exclusive to the Norn as something to make them more distinctive, and by sharing that feature with other races you diminish the Norns' distinctiveness, as if the Norn haven't been getting the shaft often enough throughout GW2 existence. Its always this feature, this one reserved for the Norn, no one ever asks that the bio-luminescence feature of the Sylvari gets shared with some of the other races (and you totally could come up with ways to justify how a Charr or an Asura could have this trait in-universe).

Secondly, I find bringing up Fashion Wars a bit ironic, since the most recent devs have gotten into the habit of making armors and outfits that allow less and less skin to be shown, slowly making the whole lot of this moot (further giving the Norn the shaft, among other things).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

the original devs for GW2 that decided to have tattoos be something exclusive to the Norn

I mean, are you sure? The starter gear for Necromancers gives you a selection of facial tattoos to pick and choose from, and the scar and facial marking masks from the gem shop can be worn by anyone. The only unique thing Norn have going for them in customization is body tattoos and massive feet (for males). I don't think it was intended to be exclusive at all, I think they just added in some nice tat options at the start and then pooped out on adding more.

9 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Its always this feature, this one reserved for the Norn, no one ever asks that the bio-luminescence feature of the Sylvari gets shared with some of the other races

I think a better comparison would be if people were asking for the Norn shapeshifting ability for other races (which has been asked for in the past) as that's purely a distinctive racial trait whereas tattoos can be given to anyone with skin which the others races have.

12 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Secondly, I find bringing up Fashion Wars a bit ironic, since the most recent devs have gotten into the habit of making armors and outfits that allow less and less skin to be shown

Pragmatic and conservative fashion options are still fashion, not to mention people have asked for years to have more practical armor alongside the skimp. What I think hurts fashion more than the style of those things is the fact that they're packaged as outfits. Outfits can be useful for a simple, cohesive look, but the mix-n-match of armor is always going to be vastly superior. I'm heartened by the new water dragon set for precisely that reason. If I like one piece of an armor set, I'll buy that set; if I dislike one piece of an outfit, no sale.

If they're willing to do armor again, who knows. Maybe there's hope for tats and other long-wanted customization?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

4 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

I mean, are you sure? The starter gear for Necromancers gives you a selection of facial tattoos to pick and choose from, and the scar and facial marking masks from the gem shop can be worn by anyone. The only unique thing Norn have going for them in customization is body tattoos and massive feet (for males). I don't think it was intended to be exclusive at all, I think they just added in some nice tat options at the start and then pooped out on adding more.

I think a better comparison would be if people were asking for the Norn shapeshifting ability for other races (which has been asked for in the past) as that's purely a distinctive racial trait whereas tattoos can be given to anyone with skin which the others races have.

Pragmatic and conservative fashion options are still fashion, not to mention people have asked for years to have more practical armor alongside the skimp. What I think hurts fashion more than the style of those things is the fact that they're packaged as outfits. Outfits can be useful for a simple, cohesive look, but the mix-n-match of armor is always going to be vastly superior. I'm heartened by the new water dragon set for precisely that reason. If I like one piece of an armor set, I'll buy that set; if I dislike one piece of an outfit, no sale.

If they're willing to do armor again, who knows. Maybe there's hope for tats and other long-wanted customization?

Edit: Actually, forget it, I'm just too tired to give a Kitten anymore.  Go ahead, but at least be kittening consistent, also insist on shared bio-luminescence and the like too.  In the mean time I'll instead be over in Conan Exiles brutally kittening my enemies.

Edited by The Greyhawk.9107
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

13 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Are you then going to ask for invisible chest armor skins so you can look at your tattoos?

Not sure that would go well with the age rating and the human female meta going around.

Isn't the same case for norn then?

So norn can go topless but humans can't? 

There are armour pieces suited for the purpose to display tattoos. 

Rirualists back in gw1 use tattoos. 

Never offended anybody.

The last point is just pointless.

Don't you have to go through character creation, take armour off at any given time, or do diving jumps?

What was the point of this reply?

Do you play GW2?

If you have to make all those pointless arguments, what was the real purpose? 

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

12 hours ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

Nothing is because I say so. It's how they are designed to differentiate and also feed into the lore and the culture of the race in the game as made. It's one of the things that clearly set humans apart from the norn.  Earlier you said a norn is a norn, not a human. And you know what adds to that, tattoos. 

I mean this has all the hallmarks I eluded to. 

Your opinion is somehow fact, not an opinion, making your argument valid. Whereas my opinion is only an opinion that runs counter to your, therefore invalid argumentation, despite the actual fact norn have tattoos and humans do not due to the culture of the race...

Is it a fact that if they introduced it ,it would add revenue or is that more of an opinion you hold due to confirmation bias as you would remodel your character? I mean Anet could remove the limit on cultural armour, give everyone the ability to have horns , a tail, or plant growths etc. More customisation, more revenue streams, and of course "why not" right? Saying no because humans don't have horns or tails and it's a char thing is not a valid argument! Clear differentiation and uniqueness between the races in an opinion and not a valid rebuttle! 

I mean sarcastically you say you can feel the realness in the argument that it's a norn thing. Yet that is somehow less of an argument than "why not"..Whether you like or recognise or or not tattoos being a norn thing so they shouldn't be on humans is a completely valid take to have. 

Also, saying essentially "if you disagree with me you clearly want Anet not to make money and the game to fail" is one of the flimsest arguments to back something up yet it always seems to appear in topics where people can't fathom the fact that their "universally great idea" isn't so universal and there are some who don't think it so great.

There are other things Anet can do to generate revenue without diluting and sullying their in game races unique characteristics and feel. 

Why is it everytime you reply to someone, you can never make an objective straight foward point.

You always come up with these very large essays to try to make a point.

No offence, but blatantly saying, you bore the heck out of me feller.

I don't even know why I bother replying to you at all.

I've noticed that a while back about you.

I agree with OP that humans should have tattoos. 

You don't like it, live with it.

Go bother someone else. Really.

Try spending more time actually  playing the game rather than boring people to oblivion over here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

13 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

I am however suggesting that ANet could make money out of this.

Players would start buying total makeover kits.

I don’t really think that Anet would make a lot of money out of it. You can buy total makeover kits with black lion statuettes, that’s what I always do. 
I think it’s good that tattoos are exclusively for Norn. It gives Norn something the others don’t have. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, yoni.7015 said:

I don’t really think that Anet would make a lot of money out of it. You can buy total makeover kits with black lion statuettes, that’s what I always do. 
I think it’s good that tattoos are exclusively for Norn. It gives Norn something the others don’t have. 

As someone else mentioned, their uniqueness is to shapeshift, not tattoos. 

Only norn can shapeshift.

Tattoos are universal.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 7

3 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

As someone else mentioned, their uniqueness is to shapeshift, not tattoos. 

Only norn can shapeshift.

Tattoos are universal.

You dont use the shapeshifting skills and you can’t customize them. Tattoos are the unique Norn customization. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 7
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

You dont use the shapeshifting skills and you can’t customize them. Tattoos are the unique Norn customization. 

Ok. Whatever bud.

This is getting nowhere fast.

It seems you don't have ANets best interest at heart.

Your argument is pure stubborness.

No point in carrying this on.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Ok. Whatever bud.

This is getting nowhere fast.

It seems you don't have ANets best interest at heart.

Your argument is pure stubborness.

No point in carrying this on.

Well, you are the stubborn one here, but whatever. And of course you only have Anets best interest at heart. It’s not about your characters, it’s solely about Anet. What a great guy you are. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Why is it everytime you reply to someone, you can never make an objective straight foward point.

No offence, but blatantly saying, you bore the heck out of me feller.

I don't even know why I bother replying to you at all.

Try spending more time actually  playing the game rather than boring people to oblivion over here.

Sorry for posting like I'm having a discussion and talking to someone about something. 

I'll keep this short. 

I disagree with you. The point is valid even if you don't like it. Live with it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

Sorry for posting like I'm having a discussion and talking to someone about something. 

Reply to OP then.

Why do you always feel the need to reply to me, I may never know.

I could consider this as stalking... perhaps even an attempt at bullying.

32 minutes ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

I'll keep this short. 

I disagree with you. The point is valid even if you don't like it. Live with it. 

Valid in your oppinion. 

You're not offering any logical or plausible explanation as to why humans should not have tattoos, other than "its a norn thing"

Sorry but that a very short sighted argument that makes no sense.

...and yes, it would make ANet money on Total makeover kits, aswell as new character slots, name changes, etc...

People do wanna change their characters.

I, myself have 3 characters lined up for name changing and total makeovers.

You've got nothing. What's the matter with you?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

Well, you are the stubborn one here, but whatever. And of course you only have Anets best interest at heart. It’s not about your characters, it’s solely about Anet. What a great guy you are. 

I'm the stubborn one?

Hardly, not at all.

I do have ANets best interest at heart.

You don't get to say otherwise. 

I want this company to succeed, so I can keep playing.

If that means killing two birds with one stone. Even better yes.

So I WILL TAKE any opportunity possible to make that a reality. 

It's a Win win situation on both ends.

Shame that people like you can't see it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

22 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

I want tattoos for one of my warriors,  since it's a RP character based on a human demi God, Norn just does not fit the role.

“ I only have Anets best interest at heart”

Like I wrote before, you can buy total makeover kits with black lion statuettes. I don’t think they will make a lot of money with it and I am sure they have better ways to make money. So why take the one unique Norn customization away? 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 8/13/2022 at 7:21 PM, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

I don't get these "Why hasn't Anet done This" or "How has there not been that in X number of years" threads that have been popping up lately.  They act as if its inconceivable that that their pet issue or feature hasn't been implemented already or that Anet is going in a different direction then what these OPs want.  In regards to tattoos, Arenanet made the design decision to make tattoos specifically and exclusively a Norn feature to fit with the cultural influences that they are based on, and to date they've stuck with that, due possibly in part to adding tattoos to human character customization would likely be a hassle that probably isn't worth the effort.  Notice that they've never added new tattoos to the Norn, nor new fur patterns for Charr, nor skin patterns for Asura and Sylvari. 

Or the "It's 2022 why isn't _______ implemented yet?" threads. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 8/14/2022 at 12:55 PM, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

It's not an irrational request.

When you disagree with something feasible just because you don't like it or have no real argument, it becomes trolling. 

How is disagreeing with something because you don't like it different from suggesting something because you like it?

Either way, it's just personal opinion...

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Plenty of people gave their opinions for why they think this aspect should remain as one of those things that differentiate humans from norns in this game. But it didn't help anything, you still labeled them as trolls. So what other straightforward point do you need here to not dismiss it?

You're giving out your opinion ("humans should have tattoos, because why not?!") and it's fine. Someone else gives their opinion ("tattoos should remain being the norn thing") and... you tell them they should go away instead of bothering you. 🤨 That's really not how forum works.

As for human tattoos, I don't see the need for that, if someone really wants to "roleplay as human demigod with tattoos", they can make a smaller norn and... that's right, roleplay as human demigod. People are perfectly within their rights and reason to not want to blend ingame classes or races which would make them less distinctive.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Go ahead, but at least be kittening consistent, also insist on shared bio-luminescence and the like too.

I've been very consistent, actually. Tattoos aren't race-specific by lore or by mechanic, and the Kurzick and Luxon Human NPCs added this year are the most recent example alongside the from-launch selection I mentioned earlier that can be worn by all races. Asking for tattoos and increased CC options for Humans (or any of the races) shouldn't be a hot-button topic to rail against, but here we are.

Norn shapeshifting and Sylvari bioluminescence are race-specific traits, but they're not what the OP is asking for, so I'm not sure where you're going with your comparison.

10 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

I'll instead be over in Conan Exiles

When you get back, please enlighten me as to how adding tattoos (more than already exist for other races), would be harmful for the game or for ArenaNet's sales, because I'm really not seeing it.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, Rogue.8235 said:

How is disagreeing with something because you don't like it different from suggesting something because you like it?

Either way, it's just personal opinion...

Right Rogue,

Because there has to be a logical reason behind oppinions, otherwise it just becomes empty words without real thought behind it.

Don't be surprised that a lot of people reply on impulse, rather than thinking of it logically. 

Even when you present facts about possible outcomes, they prefer to make it a personal attack, rather than making an objective statement. 

I agreed with OP, because, as I mentioned before Rogue, ANet could "kill 2 birds with 1 stone " by giving people something they desire, and make money in the process.

A lot of people have requested tattoos for humans in the QoL thread.

Saying that only norn should have tattoos because it is what defines them, is a false and nonsensical stament.

If you, like many of the players that know norn background, knows that it isn't tattoos at all that defines norn.

Culture, Lifestyle, Hobbies, Habits, Environment, Traits, etc... defines a race, definitely not tattoos. 

I like to have rational conversations. 

Present possible solutions. 

Facts don't care about feelings, and it seems Rogue, that's the reason behind some of the replies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

If you, like many of the players that know norn background, knows that it isn't tattoos at all that defines norn.

Culture, Lifestyle, Hobbies, Habits, Environment, Traits, etc... defines a race, definitely not tattoos.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Norn#Culture

Despite the cold weather of the Shiverpeaks, the norn are often only lightly clad, exposing skin which is frequently covered in elaborated tattoos in Scandinavian/Norse style motifs.

No matter how much you dislike it or think it shouldn't be what it is, tattoos are part of Norn culture. Can anet just change it if they wanted to? Sure. But for now it is what it is and people can see it as a reason to not merge theses cultural details into other races.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 4