Let us transfer our account to Steam

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Not gonna happen (in the foreseeable future). 

Would still be nice for things like using the steam deck and sharing controller layouts (even more if they would add native steam input support, to allow mapping specific actions for specific modes like riding the mount).
And maybe linking support will be implemented, if enough people ask nicely about it ^^

Edited by hartie.5370
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Steam only gets 25% revenue share after NCSOFT has made $10,000,000, and only 20% after they make $50,000,000.
    • Includes sales from existing NCSOFT titles on Steam (only Guild Wars and FUSER unfortunately)
  • Digital River / credit card companies / PayPal etc. still take a cut when you buy outside of Steam.
  • ArenaNet will lose out on sales from existing players that would be more likely to make purchases through Steam.
    • ArenaNet will also lose out on lapsed players who won't return to Guild Wars 2 because they would have to create a new account or, inconveniently, install the existing launcher.
  • Steam users can use more payment methods including funds from the Steam Community Market.
  • Steam users earn Steam Points as an added bonus, as well as Steam Trading Cards (if ArenaNet ever adds them) as a small rebate.
  • Steam helps ArenaNet automatically do regional pricing.
  • Steam does/can handle patch downloads for Guild Wars 2 worldwide, reducing ArenaNet's server costs!
  • Though FINAL FANTSY XIV Online, EVE Online, Albion Online, don't allow you to use your existing account, the following MMOs do:
    • RuneScape
    • Old School RuneScape
    • Star Wars: The Old Republic
    • MapleStory
    • MapleStory 2
    • Guild Wars
    • The Elder Scrolls Online
    • Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis
    • Black Desert (as of a recent update)
    • and many other games!
  • Some MMOs (such as New World and Lost Ark) are *only* accessed through Steam!

Since RuneScape launched on Steam in 2020, I've spent thousands on it (through Steam) but less than $150 on Guild Wars 2, even though I like Guild Wars 2 more and am willing to pay more money for it! I'm willing to spend thousands on Guild Wars 2, but I can't if it's not on Steam, and I know it's the same for many other players!

Please don't ignore this part of our feedback! Allow us to link our existing account to Steam! Go with the decision that benefits the players the most!

Edited by Cronos.6532
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

Yes, please!

We beg you. One-time transfer would be amazing. For players outside USA and EU it has been a pain to buy the expansions and gems, with the accessibility of Steam payments we will'be able to purchase the future content and gems more straightforward. 

Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The one thing I would say is, if this does happen, please, please make it optional. Don't force all existing account onto Steam. Having had bad experiences with Steam, I do not trust it and would definitely not want to use it. I've no wish to have to keep trying to reclaim my account from Russian hackers - again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I don't think it is going to change with just a week to go, when there have been suggestions to allow this ever since it was first mentioned there would be no 'link' years ago, and ArenaNet has not changed their stance. 

They can always change how it works later if there's enough negative feedback about it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Can you people stop behaving as if Steam is the all-be of PC gaming and people can't game without having it? You're acting as if the game is unplayable if it isn't on Steam. This is turning into an obsession, really. Bohoo regular accounts can't be linked, what a tragedy. Like come on....

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Cronos.6532 said:

They can always change how it works later if there's enough negative feedback about it!

(Like Raids?)

I am sorry , i had to make that joke !

I don't think so , because the more people that interfere the distribution with the game , the less money each makes.

Steam will use it's advertisement , to boost it's  cut , while GW2 will keep their slow campaign to attract some other kind of people

Shouldn't we combine the October patch + stand-alone PvP server + 3 random spec/rotation every week and push it to Steam instead ?

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Crono.4197 said:

Can you people stop behaving as if Steam is the all-be of PC gaming and people can't game without having it? You're acting as if the game is unplayable if it isn't on Steam. This is turning into an obsession, really. Bohoo regular accounts can't be linked, what a tragedy. Like come on....

I don't know, your comment seems more 'boohoo' than anyone else's, to be honest.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Crono.4197 said:

We just want it to be easier to install/play the game and buy stuff, and get more out of our experience.

• Like 5
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Or like Elder Scrolls.  YOu download the launcher via Steam, and it lets you log in normally.  I believe when I created my account, I was able to link to a Steam account.  Also for Path of Exile, I was able to link to my Steam account after the fact.

3 hours ago, Cronos.6532 said:

Steam only gets 25% revenue share after NCSOFT has made $10,000,000, and only 20% after they make $50,000,000.

• Includes sales from existing NCSOFT titles on Steam (only Guild Wars and FUSER unfortunately)

You know what companies like more than losing 20-25% to another company? Losing 0%. Steam release is aimed at new players, they don't need to entice you into playing the game through another platform because you're already playing it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

What about the revenue share when NCSoft makes less than 10,000,000?  Is that when the 30% cut takes effect? 

Steam gets 30% until you make $10m, whether you make $100 or $1,000,000 and it only starts going down when you cross $10m and make Valve over $3m just because they have a platform some refuse to leave. 30% is a massive cut, especially when the revenue is already being split up between studio and publisher and now a third party wants in.

Companies like Digital River do take a cut but it's based on individual transactions and is typically small—5% or less. Steam wants nearly a third of anything and everything just because. Losing 30% of $40 is better than keeping 95% of $0 but it's understandable that Anet/NCsoft want to do what they can to keep veteran players playing (and paying) where they keep over 90% of the money spent on gems.

• Like 1