We really should get a free set of Legendary Armor

Just now, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Oh boo hoo, Scrooge! You already have all legendary armors do they should give everyone something else. How selfish. Just salvage the kitten things.

They should give us something everyone can use. Who is the selfish one? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I dont see the point. Ascended has the same stats, and you can get those pieces readily enough with a modicum of time involved. The importance of Legendary stuff is overblown. It's mostly for bragging rights (which are worthless if it's handed to you) and practicality (I cant think of anyone who changes their entire stat regularly, except for dedicated raiders, and if you're in That category, getting legendary stuff is triffling).

From someone who own several char with patchwork ascended and exotic gear, and doing perfectly fine legendary-less.

57 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

Actively playing all the 10 years is quite niche as well. If you still did not reached end-game in any of the 3 ways (PvE, WvW, PvP), what did you do all the time? Only showing out your fashion in Lionarch?

Funny how you've just ignored like 80-90% of what this game has to offer. Your view of what constitutes an endgame is extremely narrow, based on other games, and not on this one. It's also not very compatible with the mindset of a very large part of this game's population.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Tails.9372 said:

I was specifically referring to the nature of something being a "general game participation reward", from what they said getting the new armor set relates to every piece of content released to this day while the Prismatic Champion's Regalia only relates to specific LW content.

I suppose you meant the Regalia? Anyway it's not even close to being the easiest, the achievement related gameplay requirements are on par with both Aurora and Vision (and as opposed to them you can't just skip most of the achievements by playing sPvP / WvW either), the only thing missing here is the "do the obligatory X rounds of the Tarir meta to satisfy the gold sink" and while not having it does take away "game participation" I don't think one can count this as "missing difficulty".

Also, the actual "easiest legendary piece available" are still all the "competitive" stuff. I got Conflux entirely through WvW dailies. Exept for the things you can buy on the TP: In sheer terms of "difficulty" nothing else comes even close to being that easy.

Howcome did you got Conflux entirely by just doing WvW dailies? For me it was hours and hours playing in WvW to get  for example those wvw tickets and Testimonies of Heroics for it. 

Edited by samsar.9152
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Try to see how much of that content you clear with an average 2-3k DPS open-world build. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to drop another player's health by even 50%. Keep in mind that for the average player, even just buildcrafting, practicing a rotation, etc. is considered high difficulty, immediately making any kind of content where you have to do so challenging for them.

Players are rewarded for those modes because they're hard (outside of ktraining, but..). Once you're relatively skilled at the game, open-world doesn't even have the slightest bit of difficulty outside of meta bosses, and even alot of those can be low-manned on decent builds.

Orr at launch and Maguuma at HoT release, now that was another story, but its history.

Maybe not with 2-3k dps. But you can complete  raids for example by doing average of 15-20k dps to training golem. No need to reach  ~80% of benchmark dps, its not mandatory.  🙂

I don't have a single piece of legendary gear, and I don't intend on getting any. I still say giving out a set of legendary armor as a 10th birthday gift is a bad idea.

If we're throwing out account and character ages to support our arguments, I guess I'll go with being a 17 year veteran of the GW franchise. I even have a 17 year old ranger!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Darkobra.6439 said:

It's really fun to come back after years and see these forums.

In the DAY I've been back, I've seen Steam players being called toxic for simply having Steam and now you're all at each other's throats over a free gift and demanding more. 

Yeah. STEAM is the problem. 

😂👍

People are merely training their own toxicity to fit the coming tenor! 😄

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

well may be a black lion weapon ticket , mount skin ticket ,10 black lion keys.......

in 10 years i never made any legendary armor playing on a daily basis ,only weapons (5)  back items (2) amulet (2) ring (1).

Edited by voodoo.7412
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, samsar.9152 said:

Howcome did you got Conflux entirely by just doing WvW dailies? For me it was hours and hours playing in WvW to get  for example those wvw tickets and Testimonies of Heroics for it. 

I wasn't in a rush, you can finish Wood by playing on average 10-12 min per day meaning you have the required skirmish claim tickets for it in about 2 years (less if you use the Warclaw reward track).

49 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's called hyperbole, i guess. Unless doing dailies takes ~2-3 hours on average, of course.

Nah, that would be your post.

• Confused 2

34 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

Nah, that would be your post.

No. 2-3 hours per day is  what you'd need to max a diamond skirmish track. Of course, you don;t need to max it, but in that case your amount of wvw skirmish tickets goes down massively. If you were truly "just doing WvW dailies" (which is like 10-15 mins maybe), you'd get maybe 3 tickets every 2 days. Perhaps you might even complete wood, but that's it. That's 17 tickets per week (at best). That's over two years of doing dailies non stop, every day, every week. Probably more, because just doing dailies doesn't usually take that long.

Theoretically possible, but not very realistic.