preventing zoom from changing

Is there a way to prevent the camera zoom from automatically changing in combat?  I notice this mostly in boss fights where I want to keep as wide a view as possible to see mechanics but then something happens and suddenly the camera is zoomed in dramatically requiring me to zoom out again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/17/2022 at 1:20 AM, EmmetOtter.8542 said:

Is there a way to prevent the camera zoom from automatically changing in combat?

Unfortunately, there isn't.

I have no idea why the programmers thought it would be a great idea to set an auto-zoom at several fight occasions (e.g., everytime you respawn on the main Deimos platform in Wing 4 after doing the chains part).

It's super annoying to have to correct the zoom manually.

Edit: The person who gave me a :classic_blink: reaction obviously enjoys to have to manually correct the zoom factor all the time. 😂

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, lokh.2695 said:

Jup, it's a sad story. So far ANet hasn't even acknowledged the reports/threads/requests.

If I remember correctly, a dev worked on the camera options and on camera-zoom a few years ago in 2015 and he also shared some of his obstacles in doing so in the forum with collision-detection of the camera etc. and he also was asking players for their opinion about how the camera zoom and camera collision detection should work.  However, it was seen as a "first step" but I guess the dev later on was assigned with other tasks (or was no longer working at Anet) and no one else at Anet cared about this topic enough to further work on it.

• Like 3

"the camera is zoomed in dramatically requiring me to zoom out again."

This has been one of the evercoming issues players have been asking to be fixed for years. Hopefully with the attention being on client performance recently, they will also get this sorted.

Edited by fatihso.7258
  • Like 3

On 8/18/2022 at 9:07 AM, Zok.4956 said:

However, it was seen as a "first step" but I guess the dev later on was assigned with other tasks (or was no longer working at Anet) and no one else at Anet cared about this topic enough to further work on it.

There's an unending number of cases this applies to in the game. It's actually absurd. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, abc.4918 said:

Eh, that Blish module maybe possibly just a chance it helped a tiny tiny bit in a couple cirucumstances. But I just ran through Teq and still zoom-in, zoom-out, zoom-in, zoom-out, ugh. Also, already got Collision Sensitivity, Zoom Sensitivity, and Field of View all the way to the right. I'm glad I don't motion sickness -- bet my brother couldn't play for more than a few minutes in a boss fight.

Yes, that module only helps partially. Doesn't stay zoomed out all the time.

16 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Yeah, that kitten is annoying.  What kind of "feature" takes control of your camera like that?  It happens a bunch in the DE meta, too.  I'm having to zoom my camera out over and over again.  Wish they'd fix that.

To make things worse. It wasn't always like this. 😕

This wasn't a problem at launch. One of the later patches changed it to the current behavior and we have been stuck with it.