Full Servers not getting the chance to profit from Steam launch

Trigarta.3841

I play on Drakkar Lake and for some weird reason the server still counts as full. We really could profit from an influx of new players that want to try out WvW. The server might seem full, due to some flawed chart or statistic but the amount of players actually playing is far from it. Other servers also won't see any new faces. I would like for ANet to take away the restrictions of not being able to join a server because it is labeled "Full" for a few weeks, to allow every server to get new players. Now people would probably argue about broken population balance, resident players flocking to the high demand servers and so but when was the last time server population was balanced anyway? I don't think this would do more harm. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 9

47 minutes ago, Trigarta.3841 said:

I play on Drakkar Lake and for some weird reason the server still counts as full. We really could profit from an influx of new players that want to try out WvW. The server might seem full, due to some flawed chart or statistic but the amount of players actually playing is far from it. Other servers also won't see any new faces. I would like for ANet to take away the restrictions of not being able to join a server because it is labeled "Full" for a few weeks, to allow every server to get new players. Now people would probably argue about broken population balance, resident players flocking to the high demand servers and so but when was the last time server population was balanced anyway? I don't think this would do more harm. 

I also do not know how DL can be full either. I only see INC, Dorn, RiP, WvW and Enja and that was it. Maybe you guys have alot second account users who play 1h per week and still get counted to the max population?

Edited by Yunari.9065
  • Confused 2

Meanwhile TC is winning T1 against BG this week, yeah the algorithms are really off since obviously that's a T4 server full of wall runners that needs to be open!

You know what steam would actually help with?...... the actual servers that are actually lower in actual population/activity than you actual full server memememememe complainers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Yunari.9065 said:

I also do not know how DL can be full either. I only see INC, Dorn, RiP, WvW and Enja and that was it. Maybe you guys have alot second account users who play 1h per week and still get counted to the max population?

WvW is not on DL anymore. They transferred away.

• Confused 1

From a guild perspective, guilds on Full servers will lose out on potential new recruits because there isn't world restructuring yet with a predictable team formation schedule at which players will be able to play with their guild.  A new recruit could be stuck for months and months not being able to play with their new guild with the current system and that's a terrible experience.  Now one may respond that they should just transfer off the Full server and that is always a valid option, but there are other costs associated with that (not only transfer costs) which some feel they don't want to contribute to.  Guilds on Full servers are already at a disadvantage _normally_ on the recruiting front while this Steam release is a one-time thing.  But I recognize also that this post wasn't made for guild recruiting or caring about guilds at all...

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Confused 3

First of all, it takes a while before brand new player reach wvw.

Second as soon as other server get new player spending hours in wvw, the closed ones likely open.

(As I think, the Status is computed relative to the average play-hours of all server, so if the other get more play-hours the average increases and the closed open.)

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Meanwhile TC is winning T1 against BG this week, yeah the algorithms are really off since obviously that's a T4 server full of wall runners that needs to be open!

You know what steam would actually help with?...... the actual servers that are actually lower in actual population/activity than you actual full server memememememe complainers.

And yet, all the guilds running around are on our link.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Trigarta.3841 said:

As some other people have hinted at already, the biggest problem with Steam and WvW as things stand isn't necessarily that some servers will not benefit from a possible influx of players, but rather that said possible influx of players will be met with the full-server issues and everything that comes with it.

For example, could Drakkar use new players that are more active and more hungry than some touristing casuals or jaded waiting-for-things veterans? Perhaps, but do you really have the infrastructure in place to receive them and get them playing with you? Because the other downside of having tourists or jaded veterans is that no one is really looking to put in the work to take care of the players who may come. The whole thing becomes some sort of fling feces at the wall and see what sticks, while the wall doesn't have much to stick on, ordeal. If servers are full, people are unhappy and too many existing players don't have the energy to fight an uphill battle against Anet's disregard for content, then that is what the new players will be met by. That's the real problem with Steam ahead of World Restructuring whereas most other stuff is just problems with any kind of World Restructuring being forever delayed.

Edited by subversiontwo.7501
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/22/2022 at 2:13 PM, Trigarta.3841 said:

I just transferred to Drakkar last night so it's definitely open

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2022 at 10:19 AM, Xenesis.6389 said:

Getting farmed by BG in T1 is not something that should be considered "winning".....   (Unless you are BG)

• Haha 1

It is how the WvW infrastructure is flawed due to keeping temporary system around too long. You can't have guilds + pugs on same server anymore since links took 40% of population capacity of main servers as people transferred to them over time. And why wouldn't they, it was cheaper and allowed you same matchups.

Just delete link servers to fix the population caps.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

They role play win situations.

note: isnt tc the role player server?

I dont get this thread topic, arent servers still selected by the new players, if server is full wont get more influx and get stated has locked ?

Meanwhile the amount of steam users not all will be playing wvw nor all will stay and it will take time for them to apear in wvw still i doubt that will be that of a increase in wvw players.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Haha 1

On 8/22/2022 at 4:47 PM, Dayra.7405 said:

First of all, it takes a while before brand new player reach wvw.

Second as soon as other server get new player spending hours in wvw, the closed ones likely open.

(As I think, the Status is computed relative to the average play-hours of all server, so if the other get more play-hours the average increases and the closed open.)

Second counterpoint: Gandara is been full and locked for stints of approximately a year (it would have been more without player boycotts)

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Haha 1

On 8/23/2022 at 4:19 PM, Dayra.7405 said:

Yes, a lot german server went down in population at 22.08.2022 19:45:02 (https://pop.apfelcreme.net/)

Only Gandara ist full in EU now

What a surprise. And when we went on strike on Gandara the full servers on EU suddenly doubled. Odd coincidence isn't it?

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Haha 1

On 8/22/2022 at 11:22 AM, Chaba.5410 said:

From a guild perspective, guilds on Full servers will lose out on potential new recruits because there isn't world restructuring yet with a predictable team formation schedule at which players will be able to play with their guild.  A new recruit could be stuck for months and months not being able to play with their new guild with the current system and that's a terrible experience.  Now one may respond that they should just transfer off the Full server and that is always a valid option, but there are other costs associated with that (not only transfer costs) which some feel they don't want to contribute to.  Guilds on Full servers are already at a disadvantage _normally_ on the recruiting front while this Steam release is a one-time thing.  But I recognize also that this post wasn't made for guild recruiting or caring about guilds at all...

I suppose it all depends on which full server your guild is on.  If it's a server that just recently became full, I suppose I can sympathize. But if it's a guild that's been on Mag or BG, servers that have been full for YEARS, it's hard to feel any sympathy at all.  Those guilds CHOSE to play on stacked servers, and if they didn't choose this, they've had ample time to save up gold/gems to move to another server.  It's not as though this STEAM release was just announced yesterday. I'm really not going to feel sorry for the players who want it both ways; they want to play on the stacked servers rolling over their opponents week after week, but also want the ability to recruit new players?? LOL!!

As the saying goes, "You reap what you sow".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1