How do I get fun farm?

The game is designed to punish finding ways to farm money using solo farming routes and quick effort intensive methods. This is mostly about time and grinding - do the dailies, fractals and metas on repeat daily and you will get money. Until you get frustrated and buy gems 😂 this is actually a smart monetisation 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

There are a bunch of YouTube videos on making gold in GW, if that's what you want. But I'm not sure from the title or post what exactly you seek. Gold? Fun?

What does delete and create characters have to do with anything?

I have seen several tutorials, what I find the most are things like:

- "Create a new character, explore the map and erase him, so you get Gold and Keys"

- "Farm 200 units of X and with Karma buy Y, put them together and sell it. Repeat it 20 times"

They are monotonous, boring and ... obsessive methods! that are not funny (not like Fractals, you earn a good Gold for playing ...for play well!)

P.D.: Also, it makes me feel like a cheat to go around creating and deleting characters XD

Edited by Aavataris.5720
  • Confused 5

50 minutes ago, Mik.3401 said:

The game is designed to punish finding ways to farm money using solo farming routes and quick effort intensive methods. This is mostly about time and grinding - do the dailies, fractals and metas on repeat daily and you will get money. Until you get frustrated and buy gems 😂 this is actually a smart monetisation 

I understand that, and it's fine by me, but Fractals has its difficulty (and fun) in exchange for a moderate (but satisfactory) amount of gold

...something like that?

• Confused 1

What do you enjoy doing? I get a decent amount doing metas like Dragonstorm (daily), AB, TD, maybe pinata for the daily gemstone. If you have LW4, there's usually a dragonfall farm going, tho it can be a bit monotonous. There's also bauble farm in AB, but only when it's bauble week. Edit: Oh yeah, drizzlewood is a good one too.

I tend to sell most of what I get from doing this, unless it's a material I want to stockpile for some reason. Can be a bit tedious to sell every time, so I'll let some of it pile up and then sell.

It's not exactly fastest farming, but I enjoy the metas I'm doing, generally, so it works for me.

Edited by Labjax.2465
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Aren't we awfully specific.

9 hours ago, Aavataris.5720 said:

where I get good gold, having fun and without having to buy and sell things

Good Gold in raw currency? Nothing beats fractals. If you don't do fractals you generally have to sell something on the TP like the rest of us Plebs. Also Fun is very vague, with not real explanation what isn't fun with other Methods. I am assuming normal metas are too monotone because you just follow a train, without challenges. Because Metas and farm trains with high value are generally the first thing you should find, if you search for making gold. Drizzlewood comes to mind. Alternatives I personally like:

Silverwaste: Only 20%% of the Meta is static and most of the  time you running around on your own doing events.

Octovine: Short and you can choose 4 different entry's. So you don't have to do the same each run, besides opening treasure.

ISB Strikes easy 3(or all): Ice Shard-> Mistborn mote-> Volatile Magic->Trophy shipment-> sell trophy on TP done in under a Minute.

Dragon storm Private 10 man: 2 gold, Memory of  Aurene you can sell instantly and Defense Seal-> buy kodan supplybox-> sell contents.

• Like 5

Park alts at chests and gathering nodes with good returns. It’ll just take a few minutes each day and steadily net you several gold per day. Examples are Nabkha chests in Crystal Oasis and Essence Chests in Bjora Marches.

Not a fun farm, but a farm that lets you get a handful of gold then spend the rest of your time having fun.

Also, I’ve been surprised how playing PvP gives me a steady stream of gold. It’s also my favorite way to get daily completionist. It typically pops after just one match.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The "create and delete character" is for a weekly key farm. If you have an unused character slot, create a human character (I use ranger) with either noble (my preference) or street rat story. Just take defaults for all other options. Then run through the level 10 story for a Black Lion Key. It takes 20-30 minutes.

You can only earn one level 10 story key per week and it resets on Monday morning.

It isn't so much a way to make gold, but a way to get free keys and thus free openings of Black Lion Chests.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Aavataris.5720 said:

I understand that, and it's fine by me, but Fractals has its difficulty (and fun) in exchange for a moderate (but satisfactory) amount of gold

...something like that?

Like a few others are saying many of the meta events like Octovine, Scavenger Hunt/Pinata, world boss events, dragonfall, drizzlewood meta events, etc all could be what u seek its hard to say what u personally enjoy.

Some people enjoy doing map completion on new toons then make legendary gen 1 weapons to sell. You can also do material node runs but Im not sure that is fun and decent gold these days, but it was ok gold once upon a time. Ranked PvP is casual fun and gold for some people. It really depends what you want to do.

• Like 2

Try picking a map with a really big meta, doing it for a while, and then switching to a different one. There's always going to be an element of easy repetition, of course, but you can have fun learning different tricks and then applying that knowledge to either leading the map or just doing a bunch of little things to make the map run smoother for everyone (make the pre events go faster, do the big mechanic when it's time, &c.). Silverwastes, Auric Basin, Dragon's Stand, Dragonfall, and Drizzlewood Coast are some examples.

A lot of maps, especially Living World maps, also have achievements that will get you some cool stuff, so you can create goals for yourself more complex than just "get gold."

Start doing Strikes once a week if you haven't done those, too. And consider getting into newbie-friendly raiding.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, EmmetOtter.8542 said:

It's like you're refusing to even consider playing 90% of the game and complaining that the 10% you do play has gotten boring.  Well no duh dude.  

Stop worry about the gold part and just try everything else out.

I didn't say that, and I love the game (sorry, but what a sh*tty answer) 😒

I'm just asking for fun ways to farm Gold, I still play the rest, you don't have to assume things or put words in my mouth.

Edited by Aavataris.5720
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Albi.7250 said:

Aren't we awfully specific.

Good Gold in raw currency? Nothing beats fractals. If you don't do fractals you generally have to sell something on the TP like the rest of us Plebs. Also Fun is very vague, with not real explanation what isn't fun with other Methods. I am assuming normal metas are too monotone because you just follow a train, without challenges. Because Metas and farm trains with high value are generally the first thing you should find, if you search for making gold. Drizzlewood comes to mind. Alternatives I personally like:

Silverwaste: Only 20%% of the Meta is static and most of the  time you running around on your own doing events.

Octovine: Short and you can choose 4 different entry's. So you don't have to do the same each run, besides opening treasure.

ISB Strikes easy 3(or all): Ice Shard-> Mistborn mote-> Volatile Magic->Trophy shipment-> sell trophy on TP done in under a Minute.

Dragon storm Private 10 man: 2 gold, Memory of  Aurene you can sell instantly and Defense Seal-> buy kodan supplybox-> sell contents.

Thank you
This is a good answer, that if you gave me information

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Aavataris.5720 said:

Thank you
This is a good answer, that if you gave me information

Ah look at you pot, calling the kettle black:). Which information? What do you already know?

Hope you have fun with the suggested Metas/Encounters.

Edited by Albi.7250
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Albi.7250 said:

Ah look at you pot, calling the kettle black:). Which information? What do you already know?

I was just thanking you for the information, nothing more 🙄

I said it, since someone else above questioned me for "complaining about the game", when I just want to know what are the other fun ways to farm 

Edited by Aavataris.5720
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Aavataris.5720 said:

I was just thanking you for the information, nothing more 🙄

I said it, since someone else above questioned me for "complaining about the game", when I just want to know what are the other fun ways to farm 

Yeah. People love the game a bit to much at times and get a little defensive.

English is not my first language so I may have misread your post. "This is a good answer, that if because you gave me information" is what you meant I guess. My Apologies, Ignore the sass and your welcome:).

Edited by Albi.7250
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i think fractals is the fastest, im pretty sure other stuff just pales in comparison.

you can always go to maps where the materials are more sought after for crafting components. 

edit: i mean, silverwastes, lake doric, bloodstone fen, drizzlewood coast, istan, kourna, vabbi, lvl 40-50 tyria core maps, etc. not sure which all you'll find fun but maybe you can search there for something you like?

Edited by SinisterSeven.2781
  • Like 1