Mount skin????

13 minutes ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

I hear a rumor we are getting a special mount skin for the anniversary, well people said the devs said it. Is this true?  Because i have seen nothing about it.  

It's in this blog post: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-guild-wars-2-tenth-anniversary-and-steam-launch-on-august-23/

As is traditional, we’ll also have a wide range of Gem Store sales to celebrate the anniversary, and maybe even a few freebies to collect (spoiler: mount skin).

Then again, the "wide range of Gem Store sales" has been so hard to see that people are still asking when the Anniversary sale is going to start... so feel free to take the freebie mount skin with a few grains of salt.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

13 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

It's in this blog post: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-guild-wars-2-tenth-anniversary-and-steam-launch-on-august-23/

Then again, the "wide range of Gem Store sales" has been so hard to see that people are still asking when the Anniversary sale is going to start... so feel free to take the freebie mount skin with a few grains of salt.

Aww man I hope there is one, didnt really get anything out of the current sales. A free skin for the 10th anniversary would go along way toward making the playerbase happy, and esp the new players. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

4 minutes ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

Aww man I hope there is one, didnt really get anything out of the current sales. A free skin for the 10th anniversary would go along way toward making the playerbase happy, and esp the new players. 

I'm still keeping an eye out for it, but with low expectations that it'll be something I'll want to use, just in case. Expectation management is... helpful.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, squeegee.4320 said:

It'll just be the standard raptor but with a GW2 logo stapled to its forehead.

Think bigger! If they can fit seven dragons on one set of Decade armor, I expect a GW2 logo on the Raptor's forehead, one on each hip, on each foot, and one at the end of the tail.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Doubt it will be a new skin, it will be probably something like this:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Special_Mount_Selection_(9th_Anniversary)

...but who knows 🤷‍♂️

You are correct, according to a promotional e-mail ArenaNet sent out about the anniversary:

[...] stay tuned next week for the final giveaways of the month, including a Black Lion Special Mount Selection License and Black Lion Claim Ticket.

• Like 4

A free mount skin will be so much fun for people who only have EoD accounts. There is still no way to change mount or glider skins, even if you managed to unlock one despite being unable to buy them in the gem store in the first place. :classic_biggrin: 

edit:

For those who don't know, an EoD account only gets the basic versions of the glider, raptor and springer. Therefore ANet decided to grey those sections out in the hero panel and block players from buying those skins in the gem store. However if you manage to get an unlock item for a skin via a Black Lion Chest, you can still use it on one character of that account. You can even dye it, but you can't change it or equip it on other characters.

Since I'm obviously the only one who owns a bunch of EoD-only accounts and also posts on the forums, I can't wait to see how happy other EoD-only account owners will be tomorrow, if we actually get a mount skin as birthday present. :classic_cool:

Edited by TheWaternymphHC.1847
clarification for the confused people
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Doubt it will be a new skin, it will be probably something like this:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Special_Mount_Selection_(9th_Anniversary)

...but who knows 🤷‍♂️

oh wow that is really cool. I only have 2 mount skins from random licenses and neither of them are nice. They are just 4 colour channel skins that look normal. At least that item you linked would allow some unique looks!

• Thanks 1

I hope for the new player’s sake, they can claim the free mount selection, I have new players in my discord server joining the game for the first time and I really want to tell them they joined at a good time to get a free mount skin for when/if they invest in the game down the road. But I also don’t want to let them down if they can’t claim it when it goes live 😅

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Novaris.7156 said:

I hope for the new player’s sake, they can claim the free mount selection, I have new players in my discord server joining the game for the first time and I really want to tell them they joined at a good time to get a free mount skin for when/if they invest in the game down the road. But I also don’t want to let them down if they can’t claim it when it goes live 😅

Are they f2p players? According to GW2 help f2p players are restricted from getting gemstore skins for things that are locked. Not sure if the level ten raptor trial would let them choose raptor skins.

Since it’s a gemstore freebie, it should be available to anyone else who can log in while it’s available.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Are they f2p players? According to GW2 help f2p players are restricted from getting gemstore skins for things that are locked. Not sure if the level ten raptor trial would let them choose raptor skins.

Since it’s a gemstore freebie, it should be available to anyone else who can log in while it’s available.

True, two of them are with the steam launch, a third has a heroic edition (from a few months ago). So if the current restrictions were in, I don’t think either of the three would be able to claim it, forgot about the restrictions originally 

Edited by Novaris.7156

7 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

The 10-hour trial raptor can't even be dyed and the mounts menu doesn't appear in the hero panel to let you see different skins.

However it's been possible to unlock things you can't use before. Free accounts have been able to collect Living World episodes by logging in during the release period, even though they'd have to buy the expansions to play them. The only other example I can think of right now is people who pre-purchased the deluxe edition of HoT getting a glider skin which appeared to just vanish when you added it to the wardrobe because that section of the wardrobe wasn't visible at the time.

IMO it would be nice if Anet allowed free players to claim the free mount skin, even if they can't use it without buying an expansion.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

The only other example I can think of right now is people who pre-purchased the deluxe edition of HoT getting a glider skin which appeared to just vanish when you added it to the wardrobe because that section of the wardrobe wasn't visible at the time.

The skiff skin of the EoD deluxe/ultimate edition was similar. If you pre-purchased that, you had an unlock item for the skiff skin sitting in your bank that couldn't be redeemed for months.

8 hours ago, Novaris.7156 said:

I hope for the new player’s sake, they can claim the free mount selection

It will most likely depend on what we actually get: 

• A dedicated birthday mount skin will typically come as unlock item for everyone, but it may or may not be usable by F2P & core accounts until they add PoF. EoD-only accounts will be able to use it on only one character of the account if it's a raptor or springer.
  • A voucher for existing mount skins that can most likely be claimed by everybody and directly unlocks the selected skin in the wardrobe regardless of account type. This would mean that F2P, core and EoD-only accounts won't be able to use the unlocked skin until PoF is added.
  • A voucher for an existing mount skins that gives the player an unlock item similar to buying that skin from the gem store. This could mean that F2P/core might not be able to use it until PoF is added, while EoD-only accounts will only be able to use the skin on a raptor or springer on one character until PoF is added.
  • ANet trolled us and we get no mount skin after all.
  • Confused 3

12 hours ago, TheWaternymphHC.1847 said:

A free mount skin will be so much fun for people who only have EoD accounts. There is still no way to change mount or glider skins, even if you managed to unlock one despite being unable to buy them in the gem store in the first place. :classic_biggrin: 

edit:

For those who don't know, an EoD account only gets the basic versions of the glider, raptor and springer. Therefore ANet decided to grey those sections out in the hero panel and block players from buying those skins in the gem store. However if you manage to get an unlock item for a skin via a Black Lion Chest, you can still use it on one character of that account. You can even dye it, but you can't change it or equip it on other characters.

Since I'm obviously the only one who owns a bunch of EoD-only accounts and also posts on the forums, I can't wait to see how happy other EoD-only account owners will be tomorrow, if we actually get a mount skin as birthday present. :classic_cool:

I mean you have several accounts with only eod, but i think players that have bought eod to actually play will end up buying the other 2 expans, they come together even so its pretty cheap for the content it includes.

14 minutes ago, zaswer.5246 said:

i think players that have bought eod to actually play will end up buying the other 2 expans

That is correct, but keep in mind that players who have experienced other MMOs might automatically only buy the "current" expansion without understanding that old GW2 content doesn't become automatically obsolete like in World of Warcraft or Destiny 2.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, TheWaternymphHC.1847 said:

That is correct, but keep in mind that players who have experienced other MMOs might automatically only buy the "current" expansion without understanding that old GW2 content doesn't become automatically obsolete like in World of Warcraft or Destiny 2.

well  thats where we and the wiki get in right? i mean when they start criing and all that we can just say, play the other expans.

Although id say when they see that many people go to dragon stand, dragonfall, desert metas, auric basin etc etc, theyll understand.